Valorant has a growing cast of agents that all players should be familiar with.
Each Valorant agent brings a unique backstory and special abilities that make them a great addition to a team. Getting the right agent composition will give players a tactical advantage they can use to win games and rank up in Valorant.
How many agents are there in Valorant? Here is the total number
|VALORANT AGENT||CLASS||BACKGROUND||PATCH||RELEASE DATE|
|1. Brimstone||Controller||United States||Beta||March 2020|
|2. Viper||Controller||United States||Beta||March 2020|
|3. Omen||Controller||Unknown||Beta||March 2020|
|4. Cypher||Sentinel||Morocco||Beta||March 2020|
|5. Sova||Initiator||Russia||Beta||March 2020|
|6. Sage||Sentinel||China||Beta||March 2020|
|7. Phoenix||Duelist||United Kingdom||Beta||March 2020|
|8. Jett||Duelist||Korea||Beta||March 2020|
|9. Raze||Duelist||Brazil||Beta||March 2020|
|10. Breach||Initiator||Sweden||Beta||March 2020|
|11. Reyna||Duelist||Mexico||1.0||June 2, 2020|
|12. Killjoy||Sentinel||Germany||1.05||August 4, 2020|
|13. Skye||Initiator||Australia||1.11||October 27, 2020|
|14. Yoru||Duelist||Japan||2.0||January 12, 2021|
|15. Astra||Controller||Ghana||2.04||March 2, 2021|
|16. KAY/O||Initiator||Unknown||3.0||June 22, 2021|
|17. Chamber||Sentinel||France||3.10||November 16, 2021|
This article will be updated each time a new agent joins the Valorant roster.
All Valorant agents and their abilities
Astra’s agent abilities
- Astral Form (X): Entering Astral Form allows players to place Stars around the map that can be transformed into a Nova Pluse, Nebula, or Gravity Well.
- Gravity Well (C): Activate a Star to form a Gravity Well. Players in the area are pulled toward the center before it explodes, making all players trapped inside vulnerable.
- Nova Pulse (Q): Activate a Star to detonate Nova Pulse. The Nova Pulse charges briefly then strikes, concussing all players in its area.
- Nebula/Dissipate (E/F): Activate a Star to transform it into a Nebula (smoke). Use a Star to Dissipate it, returning the Star to be placed in a new location after a delay. Dissipate briefly forms a fake Nebula at the Star’s location before returning.
- Cosmic Divide (X): Cosmic Divide blocks bullets and dampens Valorant’s in-game audio.
Breach’s agent abilities
- Aftershock (C): Fires a slow-acting bust charge that deals heavy damage through walls.
- Flashpoint (Q): A fast-acting charge (flash) that blinds all players looking at it once detonated.
- Fault Lines (E): A seismic blast that sets off a quake concussing all players caught in its zone.
- Rolling Thunder (X): A larger seismic blast that sends a cascading quake through all terrain that dazes and knocks anyone caught in it.
Brimstone’s agent abilities
- Stim Beacon (C): Stim beacon creates a field that grants players rapid-fire.
- Incendiary (Q): Launches a grande (molly) that detonates as it comes to a rest on the floor, creating a lingering fire zone that damages players within that zone.
- Sky Smoke (E): A long-lasting (smoke) cloud that blocks vision in the selected area.
- Oribtal Strike (X): A lingering orbital strike laser that deals high damage-over-time to players caught in the selected area.
Chamber’s agent abilities
- Trademark (C): A trap that destabilizes the terrain when an enemy agent triggers it. Once activated, it creates a lingering field that slows players caught inside.
- Headhunter (Q): Equips Chamber with a heavy pistol that is similar to Valorant’s Sheriff handgun.
- Rendezvous (E): Place two teleport anchors. While on the ground and in range of an anchor, reactivate to quicky teleprot to another anchor point. Can be picked up and redeployed.
- Tour De Force (X): Activate to summon a powerful, custom sniper rifle. Similar to Valorant’s Operator rifle, the weapon can kill an enemy with any direct hit. Killing an enemy creates a lingering field that slows players caught inside of it.
Cypher’s agent abilities
- Trapwire (C): A covert tripwire that can be placed in targeted locations. Enemy players who cross a tripwire will be tethered, revealed, and dazed after a short period if they do not destroy the device in time.
- Cyber Cage (Q): A small device (smoke) that can be tossed in front of Cypher. It creates a zone that blocks vision and plays an audio cue when enemies pass through it.
- Spycam (E): A camera that can be placed on the map. It can be used to gather information when activated. It also shoots marking darts that reveal the location of any player that is struck.
- Neural Theft (X): This ultimate ability can be instantly used on dead enemy agents that will reveal the location of the enemy team.
Jett’s agent abilities
- Cloudburst (C): Throws a projectile (smoke) that expands on impact with a surface. Can be curved mid-air with the direction of the player’s crosshair.
- Updraft (Q): Propels Jett up into the air.
- Tailwind (E): Jett instantly dashes towards the direction she’s moving towards.
- Blade Storm (X): Jett equips a set of highly accurate throwing knives that recharge after each kill. Its right-click (alt-fire) throws all remaining daggers but does not recharge the ultimate after a kill.
KAY/O’s agent abilities
- FRAG/MENT (C): An explosive fragment (molly) that sticks to the floor and pulses multiple times, dealing near-lethal damage at the center with each explosion.
- FLASH/DRIVE (Q): Throws a flash bang grendate that blinds anyone in light of sight. Can be thrown far using the left-click, or lobbed nearby with the right-click.
- ZERO/POINT (E): A supression blade that sticks to surfaces it hits. Enemies caught in its explosion radius cannot use their agent abilities.
- NULL/CMD (X): KAY/O overloads himself with polarized radinaite energy which causes energy pulses to emenate around him. Enemies hit by the pulses are suppressed for a short duration. While overloaded, KAY/O gains combat stim and can be re-stabilized if downed.
Killjoy’s agent abilities
- Nanoswarm (C): A throwable grenade (molly) that can be placed around the map. It deploys a swarm of nanobots that deals damage-over-time within its radius.
- Alarmbot (Q): A robot that hunts down enemies that get within its range. After reaching its target, the bot explodes and causes enemies to become vulnerable.
- Turret (E): A turrent Killjoy places on the map that automatically fires at enemies in a 180 degree cone.
- Lockdown (X): A device that detains all enemies caught in its radius after a long windup. It can be destroyed by enemies before it detonates.
Omen’s agent abilities
- Shrouded Step (C): A channeling teleport ability that moves Omen to a marked location.
- Paranoia (Q): A blinding orb that is thrown forward. Enemies hit by the flash have reduced vision and are deafened.
- Dark Cover (E): A shadow orb (smoke) that can be placed on marked locations. The ability creates a long-lasting hollow shadow sphere that blocks vision.
- From the Shadows (X): An ultimate ability that allows Omen to teleport anywhere on the map. While teleporting, Omen will appear as a Shade that can be destroyed by an enemy to cancel his teleport. Omen can also cancel his own teleport.
Phoenix’s agent abilities
- Blaze (C): A fire wall that blocks vision and damages players that pass through it. Players can bend the wall by moving their crosshair while casting the ability. It can also be used to heal Phoenix.
- Curveball (Q): A flare orb (flash) that takes a curving path that detonates shortly after thrown. Enemies caught by the detonating orb are blinded.
- Hot Hands (E): A fireball (molly) that explodes upon hitting the ground and creates a lingering fire zone that deals damage to enemies. It can also be used to heal Phoenix.
- Run it Back (X): Phoenix creates an expendable copy of himself that will expire after a short period of time, or when he is killed. After the ability is over, Phoenix is returned back to when he activated the ultimate ability with full health.
Raze’s agent abilities
- Boom Bot (C): A deployable forward-moving robot that bounces off walls. The ability will lock on any enemies in front of it and chases them down, exploding for heavy damage on impact.
- Blast Pack (Q): An explosive projectile that can be thrown to surfaces. It can be used to deal damage or increase Raze’s forward-momentum letting her glide through short distances.
- Paint Shells (E): A cluster grendate that deals massive damage. The first explosion sends a cluster of smaller grenades where the ability was thrown.
- Showstopper (X): Raze equips a rocket launcher that deals massive area damage on contact with anything.
Reyna’s agent abilities
- Leer (C): An ethereal destructible eye (flash) that will nearsight all enemies who look at it.
- Devour (Q): An ability that allows Reyna to rapidly heal for a short duration of time after consuming a nearby Soul Orb. Health gained through this ability that exceeds 100 will decay over time. If her Empress ultimate ability is activated, Devour will automatically cast and will not consume the Soul Orb.
- Dismiss (E): Reyna becomes intangible for a short duration after consuming a nearby Soul Orb. If her Empress ultiamte ability is activated, she becomes invisible while in her Dismiss form.
- Empress (X): Reyna enters a frenzy, increasing her fire-rate, equip, and reload speed. Grants infinite charges of Soul Harvest abilities.
Sage’s agent abilities
- Barrier Orb (C): Sage places a fortified wall that can block off enemy agents. The wall can be used to boost herself and her teammates.
- Slow Orb (Q): An ability that can be thrown foward that detonates upon landing, creating a lingering field that slows players caught inside of it.
- Healing Orb (E): A healing ability that gradually increases the health points of a damaged ally. The ability can also be used to heal Sage.
- Resurrection (X): Revives a fallen ally and returns them with full health.
Skye’s agent abilities
- Regrowth (C): A healing ability that gradually increases the health points of damaged allies who are within range and line of sight. Can be reused until Skye’s healing pool is depleated. Skye cannot heal herself.
- Trailblazer (Q): Skye takes control of a predator that can scout ahead for her team. Using left-click will cause the predator to leap forward, exploding in a concussive blast and damaing directly hit enemies.
- Guiding Light (E): Skye takes control of a hawk that can be moved using the player’s crosshair. While in flight, players can detonate the hawk which will flash anyone who sees it. Enemy agents that get flashed will cause Skye to give a hit-confirm audio cue.
- Seekers (X): Sends out three Seekers that track down three of the closest enemies. If a Seeker that reaches its intended target will make them nearsighted.
Sova’s agent abilities
- Owl Drone (C): Sova deploys a flying drone that can scout the map. It can also shoot marking darts that reveal the location of enemy agents struck by the dart.
- Shock Bolt (Q): This ability sends an explosiving bolt foward, detonating upon collision and damages players nearby. The Shock Bolt’s range can be extended by holding down left-click, and right-click adds up to two bounces to the arrow.
- Recon Bolt (E): Sova fires a recon bolt foward, activating upon collision and revealign the location of nearby enemies caught in the light of sight of the arrow. Enemies can destroy the bolt.
- Hunter’s Fury (X): This ultimate charges up Sova’s bow with three long-range, wall-piercing energy blasts that deals damage and reveals the location of enemies caught in the line.
Viper’s agent abilities
- Snake Bite (C): Viper launches a canister that shatters upon hitting the floor, creating a lingering chemical zone that damages players who step on it and causes the mto become vulnerable.
- Poison Cloud (Q): A throwable gas emitter that releases a toxic gas cloud that blocks vision. Enemies in the gas cloud lose health overtime, but they regain it once they’re out of it. The gas emitter can also be picked up and redeployed.
- Toxic Screen (E): A long line of gas emitters that creates a tall wall of toxic gas that blocks off vision. The ability cannot be redeployed and can only be used once per round.
- Viper’s Pit (X): Viper casts a chemical in all directions around her, creating a large cloud that reduces the vision range of players and maximum health of enemies inside of it.
Yoru’s agent abilities
- Fakeout (C): An echo that mimics audio cue footsteps when activated. Yoru can cast the ability immediately using left-click, or plant the steps and activate them later on using right-click.
- Blindside (Q): A thrown fragment (flash) that winds up once it collides with a hard surface. The ability must at least bounce once for it to explode.
- Gatecrash (E): Sends a tether that Yoru can use to teleport. The tether can constantly be moving forward by using the left-click. It can also be left in place using the right-click.
- Dimensional Drift (X): Yoru equips a mask that causes him to enter a different dimension where he is unable to be affected ir seen by enemies from the outside. While in his ultimate form, Yoru can only be seen by enemies nearby.
How to unlock agents in Valorant
Every Valorant agent also has their own unique contract that players can progress to unlock that specific agent, along with collectible in-game items for that particular agent.
- Go to the ‘Agents’ tab at the top of the main menu.
- Select the agent you want to unlock.
- Click on the “activate contract” tab.
- Gain enough experience points to unlock the agent.
According to Riot Games’ content plans for Valorant, a new agent will be released every two to three months.