Updated on March 7, 9:20 p.m. (GMT+8): Added new agents, photos, updated introduction.
Riot Games’ competitive first-person shooter has a wide variety of playable characters to choose from.
All Valorant agents have unique backgrounds that showcase their countries of origin, interesting personalities, and special abilities.
Getting the right agent composition will give players a tactical advantage they can use to win games and rank up in Valorant.
When Valorant launched, it had 11 starting agents, with Brimstone, Jett, Phoenix, Sage, and Sova as the five characters players could use immediately. All other agents, including recently released characters, must be unlocked.
Here is a complete list of all the Valorant agents including their agent name, real name, role, country, and the patch they were released.
All Valorant agents
|VALORANT AGENT||REAL NAME||ROLE||COUNTRY||RELEASE PATCH||RELEASE DATE|
|1. Brimstone||Liam Byrne||Controller||United States||Beta||March 2020|
|2. Omen||Unknown||Controller||Unknown||Beta||March 2020|
|3. Viper||Sabine Callas||Controller||United States||Beta||March 2020|
|4. Raze||Tayane Alves||Duelist||Brazil||Beta||March 2020|
|5. Cypher||Amir El Amari||Sentinel||Morocco||Beta||March 2020|
|6. Sage||Ling Ying Wei||Sentinel||China||Beta||March 2020|
|7. Sova||Sasha Novikov||Initiator||Russia||Beta||March 2020|
|8. Phoenix||Jamie Adeyemi||Duelist||United Kingdom||Beta||March 2020|
|10. Jett||Sunwoo Han||Duelist||South Korea||Beta||March 2020|
|11. Breach||Erik Torsten||Initiator||Sweden||Beta||March 2020|
|12. Reyna||Zyanya Mondragón||Duelist||Mexico||Patch 1.0||June 2, 2020|
|13. Killjoy||Klara Böhringer||Sentinel||Germany||Patch 1.5||August 4, 2020|
|14. Skye||Kirra Foster||Initiator||Australia||Patch 1.11||October 27, 2020|
|15. Yoru||Ryo Kiritani||Duelist||Japan||Patch 2.0||January 12, 2021|
|16. Astra||Efia Danso||Controller||Ghana||Patch 2.04||March 2, 2021|
|17. KAY/O||Unknown||Initiator||Unknown||Patch 3.0||June 22, 2021|
|18. Chamber||Vincent Fabron||Sentinel||France||Patch 3.10||November 16, 2021|
|19. Neon||Tala Nicole Dimaapi Valdez||Duelist||Philippines||Patch 4.0||January 12, 2022|
|20. Fade||Hazal Eyletmez||Initiator||Turkey||Patch 4.08||April 28, 2022|
|21. Harbor||Varun Batra||Controller||India||Patch 5.08||October 19, 2022|
|22. Gekko||Unknown||Initiator||America||Patch 6.04||March 7, 2023|
How many Valorant agents are there?
There are currently 21 playable agents in Valorant.
According to Riot Games’ original content plans for Valorant, the development team aims to release a new agent every two to three months. However, the game developer has since lengthened their timetable to better develop new agents.
All Valorant agents and their abilities
Astra’s agent abilities
- Astral Form (X): Entering Astral Form allows players to place Stars around the map that can be transformed into a Nova Pluse, Nebula, or Gravity Well.
- Gravity Well (C): Activate a Star to form a Gravity Well. Players in the area are pulled toward the center before it explodes, making all players trapped inside vulnerable.
- Nova Pulse (Q): Activate a Star to detonate Nova Pulse. The Nova Pulse charges briefly then strikes, concussing all players in its area.
- Nebula/Dissipate (E/F): Activate a Star to transform it into a Nebula (smoke). Use a Star to Dissipate it, returning the Star to be placed in a new location after a delay. Dissipate briefly forms a fake Nebula at the Star’s location before returning.
- Cosmic Divide (X): Cosmic Divide blocks bullets and dampens Valorant’s in-game audio.
Breach’s agent abilities
- Aftershock (C): Fires a slow-acting bust charge that deals heavy damage through walls.
- Flashpoint (Q): A fast-acting charge (flash) that blinds all players looking at it once detonated.
- Fault Lines (E): A seismic blast that sets off a quake concussing all players caught in its zone.
- Rolling Thunder (X): A larger seismic blast that sends a cascading quake through all terrain that dazes and knocks anyone caught in it.
Brimstone’s agent abilities
- Stim Beacon (C): Stim beacon creates a field that grants players rapid fire.
- Incendiary (Q): Launches a grande (molly) that detonates as it comes to a rest on the floor, creating a lingering fire zone that damages players within that zone.
- Sky Smoke (E): A long-lasting (smoke) cloud that blocks vision in the selected area.
- Orbital Strike (X): A lingering orbital strike laser that deals high damage to players caught in the selected area.
Chamber’s agent abilities
- Trademark (C): A trap that destabilizes the terrain when an enemy agent triggers it. Once activated, it creates a lingering field that slows players caught inside.
- Headhunter (Q): Equips Chamber with a heavy pistol that is similar to Valorant’s Sheriff handgun.
- Rendezvous (E): Place two teleport anchors. While on the ground and in range of an anchor, reactivate to quicky teleport to another anchor point. Can be picked up and redeployed.
- Tour De Force (X): Activate to summon a powerful, custom sniper rifle. Similar to Valorant’s Operator rifle, the weapon can kill an enemy with any direct hit. Killing an enemy creates a lingering field that slows players caught inside of it.
Cypher’s agent abilities
- Trapwire (C): A covert tripwire that can be placed in targeted locations. Enemy players who cross a tripwire will be tethered, revealed, and dazed after a short period if they do not destroy the device in time.
- Cyber Cage (Q): A small device (smoke) that can be tossed in front of Cypher. It creates a zone that blocks vision and plays an audio cue when enemies pass through it.
- Spycam (E): A camera that can be placed on the map. It can be used to gather information when activated. It also shoots marking darts that reveal the location of any player that is struck.
- Neural Theft (X): This ultimate ability can be instantly used on dead enemy agents that will reveal the location of the enemy team.
Jett’s agent abilities
- Cloudburst (C): Throws a projectile (smoke) that expands on impact with a surface. Can be curved mid-air with the direction of the player’s crosshair.
- Updraft (Q): Propels Jett up into the air.
- Tailwind (E): Jett instantly dashes toward the direction she’s moving towards.
- Blade Storm (X): Jett equips a set of highly accurate throwing knives that recharge after each kill. It’s right-click (alt-fire) throws all remaining daggers but does not recharge the ultimate after a kill.
KAY/O’s agent abilities
- FRAG/MENT (C): An explosive fragment (molly) that sticks to the floor and pulses multiple times, dealing near-lethal damage at the center with each explosion.
- FLASH/DRIVE (Q): Throws a flash-bang grenade that blinds anyone in light of sight. Can be thrown far using the left-click, or lobbed nearby with the right-click.
- ZERO/POINT (E): A suppression blade that sticks to surfaces it hits. Enemies caught in its explosion radius cannot use their agent abilities.
- NULL/CMD (X): KAY/O overloads himself with polarized radianite energy which causes energy pulses to emanate around him. Enemies hit by the pulses are suppressed for a short duration. While overloaded, KAY/O gains combat stim and can be re-stabilized if downed.
Killjoy’s agent abilities
- Nanoswarm (C): A throwable grenade (molly) that can be placed around the map. It deploys a swarm of nanobots that deals damage within its radius.
- Alarmbot (Q): A robot that hunts down enemies that get within its range. After reaching its target, the bot explodes and causes enemies to become vulnerable.
- Turret (E): A turret Killjoy places on the map that automatically fires at enemies in a 180-degree cone.
- Lockdown (X): A device that detains all enemies caught in its radius after a long windup. It can be destroyed by enemies before it detonates.
Omen’s agent abilities
- Shrouded Step (C): A channeling teleport ability that moves Omen to a marked location.
- Paranoia (Q): A blinding orb that is thrown forward. Enemies hit by the flash have reduced vision and are deafened.
- Dark Cover (E): A shadow orb (smoke) that can be placed on marked locations. The ability creates a long-lasting hollow shadow sphere that blocks vision.
- From the Shadows (X): An ultimate ability that allows Omen to teleport anywhere on the map. While teleporting, Omen will appear as a Shade that can be destroyed by an enemy to cancel his teleport. Omen can also cancel his own teleport.
Phoenix’s agent abilities
- Blaze (C): A wall of fire that blocks vision and damages players that pass through it. Players can bend the wall by moving their crosshair while casting the ability. It can also be used to heal Phoenix.
- Curveball (Q): A flare orb (flash) that takes a curving path that detonates shortly after being thrown. Enemies caught by the detonating orb are blinded.
- Hot Hands (E): A fireball (molly) that explodes upon hitting the ground and creates a lingering fire zone that deals damage to enemies. It can also be used to heal Phoenix.
- Run it Back (X): Phoenix creates an expendable copy of himself that will expire after a short period of time, or when he is killed. After the ability is over, Phoenix is returned back to when he activated the ultimate ability with full health.
Raze’s agent abilities
- Boom Bot (C): A deployable forward-moving robot that bounces off walls. The ability will lock on any enemies in front of it and chases them down, exploding for heavy damage on impact.
- Blast Pack (Q): An explosive projectile that can be thrown to surfaces. It can be used to deal damage or increase Raze’s forward momentum letting her glide through short distances.
- Paint Shells (E): A cluster grenade that deals massive damage. The first explosion sends a cluster of smaller grenades where the ability was thrown.
- Showstopper (X): Raze equips a rocket launcher that deals massive area damage in contact with anything.
Reyna’s agent abilities
- Leer (C): An ethereal destructible eye (flash) that will near sight all enemies who look at it.
- Devour (Q): An ability that allows Reyna to rapidly heal for a short duration of time after consuming a nearby Soul Orb. Health gained through this ability that exceeds 100 will decay over time. If her Empress ultimate ability is activated, Devour will automatically cast and will not consume the Soul Orb.
- Dismiss (E): Reyna becomes intangible for a short duration after consuming a nearby Soul Orb. If her Empress ultimate ability is activated, she becomes invisible while in her Dismiss form.
- Empress (X): Reyna enters a frenzy, increasing her fire-rate, equip, and reload speed. Grants infinite charges of Soul Harvest abilities.
Sage’s agent abilities
- Barrier Orb (C): Sage places a fortified wall that can block off enemy agents. The wall can be used to boost herself and her teammates.
- Slow Orb (Q): An ability that can be thrown forward that detonates upon landing, creating a lingering field that slows players caught inside of it.
- Healing Orb (E): A healing ability that gradually increases the health points of a damaged ally. The ability can also be used to heal Sage.
- Resurrection (X): Revives a fallen ally and returns them with full health.
Skye’s agent abilities
- Regrowth (C): A healing ability that gradually increases the health points of damaged allies who are within range and line of sight. Can be reused until Skye’s healing pool is depleted. Skye cannot heal herself.
- Trailblazer (Q): Skye takes control of a predator that can scout ahead for her team. Using left-click will cause the predator to leap forward, exploding in a concussive blast and damaging directly hit enemies.
- Guiding Light (E): Skye takes control of a hawk that can be moved using the player’s crosshair. While in flight, players can detonate the hawk which will flash anyone who sees it. Enemy agents that get flashed will cause Skye to give a hit-confirm audio cue.
- Seekers (X): Sends out three Seekers that track down three of the closest enemies. If a Seeker reaches its intended target will make them nearsighted.
Sova’s agent abilities
- Owl Drone (C): Sova deploys a flying drone that can scout the map. It can also shoot marking darts that reveal the location of enemy agents struck by the dart.
- Shock Bolt (Q): This ability sends an explosive bolt forward, detonating upon collision, and damages players nearby. The Shock Bolt’s range can be extended by holding down left-click, and right-click adds up to two bounces to the arrow.
- Recon Bolt (E): Sova fires a recon bolt forward, activating upon collision and revealing the location of nearby enemies caught in the light of sight of the arrow. Enemies can destroy the bolt.
- Hunter’s Fury (X): This ultimate charges up Sova’s bow with three long-range, wall-piercing energy blasts that deals damage and reveals the location of enemies caught in the line.
Viper’s agent abilities
- Snake Bite (C): Viper launches a canister that shatters upon hitting the floor, creating a lingering chemical zone that damages players who step on it and causes them to become vulnerable.
- Poison Cloud (Q): A throwable gas emitter that releases a toxic gas cloud that blocks vision. Enemies in the gas cloud lose health over time, but they regain it once they’re out of it. The gas emitter can also be picked up and redeployed.
- Toxic Screen (E): A long line of gas emitters that creates a tall wall of toxic gas that blocks off vision. The ability cannot be redeployed and can only be used once per round.
- Viper’s Pit (X): Viper casts a chemical in all directions around her, creating a large cloud that reduces the vision and health of opponents inside the ultimate.
Yoru’s agent abilities
- Fakeout (C): An echo that mimics audio cue footsteps when activated. Yoru can cast the ability immediately using left-click, or plant the steps and activate them later on using right-click.
- Blindside (Q): A thrown fragment (flash) that winds up once it collides with a hard surface. The ability must at least bounce once for it to explode.
- Gatecrash (E): Sends a tether that Yoru can use to teleport. The tether can constantly be moving forward by using the left-click. It can also be left in place using the right-click.
- Dimensional Drift (X): Yoru equips a mask that causes him to enter a different dimension where he is unable to be affected or seen by enemies from the outside. While in his ultimate form, Yoru can only be seen by enemies nearby.
Neon’s agent abilities
- Fast Lane (C): Fire two energy lines forward on the ground that extend a short distance or until they hit a surface with left-click. The lines rise into walls of static electricity that block vision.
- Relay Bolt (Q): Throw an energy bold that bounces once. Upon hitting the targeted surface, the bolt electrifies the ground below with a concussive blast. Targets caught in the blast radius will be concussed for 3 seconds.
- High Gear (E): Channel Neon’s power for increased speed. Press right-click while sprinting to activate Neon’s electric slide.
- Overdrive (X): Activate to unleash Neon’s full power and speed for a short duration. Left-click will cause Neon to fire a deadly lightning beam she can channel with high movement accuracy.
Fade’s agent abilities
- Prowler (C): Sends a prowler forward that can be steered. Hold left-click to steer the prowler that will chase down the first enemy or terror trail it sees. Opponents hit by the prowler will be nearsighted.
- Seize (Q): Left-click to throw a knot that drops down after a set time. Press left-click again to drop the knot early. Opponents hit by the knot will hold enemies in place for 4.5 seconds. They will also be deafened and decayed.
- Haunt (E): Throw an orb that plummets to the ground after a set amount of time using left-click. Upon hitting the ground, the orb will turn into a nightmarish entity that will reveal the location of enemies caught in its line of sight. Enemies caught will also have a terror trail, which shows where they’ve been.
- Nightfall (X): Send out a wave of nightmare energy that can traverse through walls. The energy creates a terror trail on opponents caught in the wave. They will also be deafened and decayed for 12 seconds.
Harbor’s agent abilities
- Cascade (C): Cast a wave of water that moves forward and can go through walls with left-click. Players who get hit or go through the water wall will be slowed by 30 percent.
- Cove (Q): Cast a sphere of shielding water that expands upon impacting the ground. The destructible water shield has 500 HP that can block bullets, but abilities can still pass through it.
- High Tide (E): Create a wall of water that moves forward along the ground. Players can guide the water by holding left-click and directing it using their crosshair. It can pass through surfaces and players that get hit or pass through the water wall will have 30 percent less movement speed. Pressing right-click will stop the water early.
- Reckoning (X): Use the full power of Harbor’s artifact and summon a geyser pool on the ground. Enemy players in the area are targeted by successive geyser strikers. Players caught within the area of the strike will be concussed for 2 seconds.
Gekko’s agent abilities
- Dizzy (E): Fire to send Dizzy soaring forward through the air. Dizzy charges and unleashes plasma blasts at enemies in line of sight. Enemies hit by her plasma are blinded. When Dizzy expires she reverts into a dormant globule. Interact with the globule to reclaim the ability and gain another Dizzy charge after a short cooldown.
- Wingman (Q): Fire to send Wingman forward seeking enemies. Wingman unleashes a concussive blast toward the first enemy he sees. Use alt fire when targeting a Spike site or planted Spike to have Wingman plant or defuse the Spike. To plant, Gekko must have the Spike in his inventory. When Wingman expires he reverts into a dormant globule. Interact with the globule to reclaim the ability and gain another Wingman charge after a short cooldown.
- Mosh Pit (C): Fire to throw Mosh like a grenade. Alt fire to throw the ability underhand. Upon landing, Mosh duplicates across a large area and then after a short delay explodes.
- Thrash (X): Fire to link with Thrash’s mind and steer her through enemy territory. Activate it will lunge Thrash forward and explode, detaining any enemies in a small radius. When Thrash expires she reverts into a dormant globule. Interact with the globule to reclaim the ultimate and gain another Thrash charge after a short cooldown. Thrash can be reclaimed once.
How to unlock agents in Valorant
Every Valorant agent also has their own contract that players can progress to unlock that specific character, along with collectible in-game items for that particular agent.
- Go to the ‘Agents’ tab at the top of the main menu
- Select the agent you want to unlock
- Click on the “activate contract” tab
- Gain enough experience points to unlock the agent
READ MORE: 12 actors we want to see in a live-action Valorant movie