Updated on November 17, 11:15 a.m. (GMT+8): Added relevant guides.
Her ultimate, I Am You, lets her copy the opponents’ ultimate abilities and use it against them.
|GET AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION WITH OUR COLLECTION OF MLBB GUIDES|
|Full list of MLBB hero guides, counters, best build, and advanced combos|
|Full list of MLBB guides: Role guides, how to rank up, terms|
Moreover, her skill set allows her to deal burst damage, dish out crowd control, and grants her mobility.
Here’s a comprehensive ONE Esports guide on how to play and dominate the game using Valentina.
Valentina’s skills in Mobile Legends
Passive – Primal Force
Valentina gains extra EXP each time she deals damage to an enemy hero, with a cooldown of two seconds. The EXP scales with her level.
If the enemy hero’s level isn’t higher than Valentina’s, a percentage of the damage dealt is converted into her HP.
First skill – Shadow Strike
Valentina casts Shadow Strike in the target direction, dealing magic damage to enemies hit and slowing them for a second.
Enemy heroes hit by Shadow Strike are marked with a Shadow Sigil for a few seconds, and will be terrified when hit by Shadow Strike again within the duration.
- Shadow Strike is Valentina’s primary poking and farming spell. Get this at level one, and prioritize maxing it out.
- You can unleash multiple Shadow Strikes within a few seconds using the effect of her second skill, Arcane Shade.
- Enemies can only be terrified by this spell once every few seconds.
Second skill – Arcane Shade
Valentina dashes in the target direction, firing Shadow Bolts at nearby enemies that deal magic damage each. She can cast this skill again within a few seconds.
The cooldown of Shadow Strike is reduced each time a Shadow Bolt hits an enemy.
- Arcane Shade is her mobility spell. Use it to initiate your attack, pursue enemies, or escape from them.
- To maximize the impact of Arcane Shade and make the most of its effect to decrease Shadow Strike’s cooldown, it is recommended to start your assault with Shadow Strike followed by Arcane Shade. This tactic allows you to swiftly follow up with another Shadow Strike, which will terrify your target.
- You can dash over walls using this skill.
- This can target hidden enemy units, allowing you to know if there are enemies hiding in bushes.
Ultimate – I Am You
Valentina greatly slows the target enemy hero for a moment, and gains the ability to cast their ultimate skill. Casting the enemy’s ultimate turns her into the enemy hero’s form, and allows her to inherit their basic attack type for up to several seconds. Her skills remain unchanged, unless the enemy’s ultimate has a morph effect.
The stolen ultimate’s level will be equal to the level of I Am You, and has a higher cooldown in the first two skill levels. She gains physical attack based on her magic power for the duration if the enemy is a physical damage hero. This cannot be used on an enemy Valentina.
- Make sure to use I Am You on an enemy hero with an effective ultimate ability. Use Hero Lock Mode or Skill Smart Targeting to ensure you copy the ultimate of your intended target.
- Some of the best ultimates to copy are Yve‘s Real World Manipulation, Pharsa‘s Feathered Air Strike, Atlas‘ Fatal Links, Yu Zhong‘s Black Dragon Form, and Franco‘s Bloody Hunt.
- Conversely, Gusion‘s Incandescence, Valir‘s Vengeance Flame, Popol and Kupa’s We Are Angry, Belerick‘s Wrath of Dryad, and Wanwan‘s Crossbow of Tang are not recommended as they’re not as effective.
- To return to her original form after using the stolen ultimate, tap the Shadow Return button at the left side of I Am You.
- You can also toggle Shadow Return if you used I Am You on a wrong target.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Valentina in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
With Valentina’s ultimate, Flicker is the most advantageous battle spell for her. Use it to effectively execute your stolen ability. Additionally, it gives you another means to chase down enemies or get out of sticky situations.
Alternatively, you can opt for Flameshot. Use it to finish off opponents with low health, or push away enemies that are closing in on you.
Select the Mage emblem to maximize Valentina’s magic damage potential, as it grants a significant amount of magic power, magic penetration, and cooldown reduction.
In the first tier, choose Inspire for cooldown reduction. In the next tier, you have the choice between Bargain Hunter and Pull Yourself Together.
|READ MORE VALENTINA GUIDES HERE|
|The 3 best heroes to counter Valentina in Mobile Legends|
Bargain Hunter decreases the cost of equipment, allowing you to obtain your core items faster. On the other hand, Pull Yourself Together reduces the cooldown of your battle spell, which is great if you have Flicker and if the enemy team possesses a potent initiation ultimate like Atlas‘ Fatal Links.
Furthermore, opt for Lethal Ignition as your primary talent. It lets you deal extra adaptive damage when you land your Shadow Strike and Arcane Shade.
Impure Rage is also a viable alternative, as it enables you to inflict adaptive damage, and restore a percentage of your mana.
Valentina best build
To fulfill your role as one of the main damage dealers on the team, it is crucial to enhance your mana pool, magic power, and cooldown reduction.
An equipment that increases mana while also providing extra magic power and HP is Clock of Destiny. Purchase it as your first core item so that it reaches its max stack as early as possible.
You can buy one of its components, Elegant Gem, then get common Boots before fully building it.
Next, upgrade your Boots to Magic Shoes, and invest in Enchanted Talisman for mana regeneration and cooldown reduction.
Follow up with Lightning Truncheon, Divine Glaive, and Holy Crystal to further boost your magic power and penetration.
If you need to improve your survivability, consider replacing Holy Crystal with either Winter Truncheon or Immortality.
The best build for Valentina in Mobile Legends
- Clock of Destiny
- Magic Shoes
- Enchanted Talisman
- Lightning Truncheon
- Divine Glaive
- Holy Crystal
Easy combos to learn
During the early game, poke your opponent using Shadow Strike and Arcane Shade to pressure them to retreat from the lane and hinder their farming efficiency.
To optimize the effectiveness of your spells, use Shadow Strike first when engaging an enemy. This will maximize the cooldown reduction provided by Arcane Shade, ensuring that you can quickly unleash another Shadow Strike to inflict additional damage and terrify your target.
Once you have acquired your ultimate, I Am You, carefully select an enemy hero with a powerful ultimate spell. It is crucial to determine the opportune moment to use your stolen spell, as it has the potential to shift the tide of battle.
If the ultimate you have copied is an AoE crowd control, such as Atlas’ Fatal Links and Khufra’s Tyrant’s Rage, you can use it to initiate a team fight. Alternatively, you can wait for the right moment to use it as a counter-initiation tool.