Updated on March 17, 3 p.m. (GMT+8): Improved relevancy.
From the Abysmal Sea, tank hero Atlas is one of the oldest living creatures in the Land of Dawn. After finding an old Mecha Sentry on the seabed, Atlas empowered it to escape ocean life.
His ultimate skill, Fatal Links, allows him to grab multiple enemies in range and bring them together, immobilizing them for a period of time.
His passive also makes him hard to eliminate in a team fight. There’s just so much to love about the Land of Dawn’s Ocean Gladiator.
If you want to master one of the top team fight initiators in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, there are a few key things you need to keep in mind.
Atlas’ skills in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
Passive – Frigid Breath
Atlas generates Frigid Breath around each time he casts a skill. Enemies who stay in the area will have their attack speed reduced, and their movement speed gradually reduced until they are frozen. The effect is removed immediately when they’re out of the area.
Atlas gains extra physical and magic defense when Frigid Breath is present.
- Allows you to stick onto enemy heroes and land your skills.
- Can be active throughout a team fight if you chain your spells well.
- Frigid Breath’s movement speed debuff stacks with Dominance Ice.
First skill – Annihilate
Atlas smashes the ground and causes three explosions. Each explosion deals magic damage to enemies. Ejected State: If he has ejected from his Mecha Sentry, both himself and his Mecha will cast Annihilate.
- Use this skill after Perfect Match so that you can create two circles of AoE for maximum damage in Ejected State.
- Annihilate is better for activating your passive in team fights. Use this right after stunning a target with Perfect Match or Fatal Links.
Second skill – Perfect Match
Atlas enters Ejected State, gaining movement speed and immunity to slow effects. In this state, the Mecha Sentry will follow the pilot at an increasing speed (can only be affected by Suppression). Once they meet, Atlas will return to the Mecha, dealing magic damage to enemies nearby and stunning them.
Ejected State: Atlas and his Mecha share the same HP bar and reduce damage taken in this state.
- This skill makes Atlas stand out from the crowd. It can be used over walls, which gives you more maneuvering options.
- A gap closer, use Perfect Match and Frigid Breath to chase down enemies.
- In order to guarantee the stun at the end, use the movement speed gained to position Atlas ahead of opponents instead of behind them.
- If you open a fight with Perfect Match, you won’t have any other spell to flee (besides Flicker if it is off cooldown). Conversely, Perfect Match is a great escape tool as it gives you a boost of speed and reduces damage taken.
Ultimate – Fatal Links
Atlas hurls chains at all nearby heroes and starts to channel (can only be interrupted by Suppression), dealing magic damage to enemies hit, and slowing them.
When this skill is used again while channeling, Atlas will drag the targets towards him and plunk them down to the target location, dealing magic damage. Using this skill in Ejected State will summon the Mecha Sentry to Atlas for quick merging.
- Use Fatal Links after Perfect Match’s stun for a crowd-control combo.
- Even though Fatal Links can be channeled, it’s too telegraphed and too slow to max it out when in full view. Instant casting is just as effective.
- Fling opponents into your team so that they can deal maximum upfront damage.
- At the end of the day, you’re still a tank. Even if you initiate with your full combo but your teammates can’t follow up, chances are the enemies won’t die. It’s better to watch your team’s positioning and peel for your carries instead.
A comprehensive beginner’s guide on how to play Atlas in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell for Atlas
Flicker is essential if you want to be the ultimate playmaker on Atlas. Closing the gap while you perform combos can make the difference between catching someone out, or missing entirely.
If your team already has a team fight initiator such as Arlott or Gloo, you may want to consider utilizing Vengeance instead. This can allow for a more coordinated and effective team approach to combat.
Best build for Atlas in Mobile Legends
Rapid Boots, which increases your movement speed by 80, gives the most movement speed in-game.
This naturally helps Atlas, for he won’t be solely reliant on Perfect Match to initiate, and will now have the ability to catch up to enemies with this buy.
Prioritize Dominance Ice if the enemy core and gold laner have healing capabilities.
Otherwise, go for Antique Cuirass first against a physical damage lineup, or Athena’s Shield against a magic damage lineup. Fleeting Time is also a must for Atlas as it decreases Fatal Links’ cooldown with each kill or assists.
The best build for Atlas in Mobile Legends
- Rapid Boots
- Dominance Ice
- Antique Cuirass
- Fleeting Time
- Athena’s Shield
Choose between the Tank and Support emblem set.
Under the Support emblem set, add points to Agility for extra movement speed, Recovery for regen, and Pull Yourself Together to get extra cooldown on Flicker.
If you go for the Tank emblem set, add points to Shield, Inspire for the cooldown reduction, and Concussive Blast for the extra damage whenever you use a skill.
Easy combos to learn
Atlas’ kit revolves around Perfect Match. It doubles his damage output when used with Annihilate, and is his main tool for initiating.
In the first five minutes, hide in bushes and wait for an enemy to overextend. When an enemy gets close, use Perfect Match to close the gap. Once Frigid Breath wears off, cast annihilate to proc the passive once again.
During team fights, it’s best to wait for the enemy team to group up. Once they do, unleash your devastating combo.
Cast Perfect Match, and when the enemy gets close enough, use Flicker to close the gap. Once in range, use Fatal Links while in Ejected State to deal significant damage. This unexpected combo will catch enemies off-guard. Make sure that there are nearby allies when you pull off this combo, as the combo’s damage is not enough to kill enemy heroes in full HP.
Additionally, you can further surprise the enemy by using Conceal while in Ejected State, making it harder for them to locate and escape from you on the minimap.
Follow ONE Esports on Facebook for MLBB esports news, guides, and updates.
READ MORE: Athena’s Shield or Radiant Armor? Here’s a guide for you to know when to buy these items