From the Abysmal Sea, Atlas is one of the oldest living creatures in the Land of Dawn. After finding an old Mecha Sentry on the seabed, Atlas empowered it to escape ocean life.
He is able to eject from his mecha and reattach after a short duration, bringing a new mechanic to the game.
A strong initiator, he is great at crowd control and chasing down opponents.
Atlas’ skills in in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
Passive – Frigid Breath
Atlas generates Frigid Breath around him for five seconds each time he casts a skill. Enemies affected by Frigid Breath will have their Movement Speed gradually reduced over three seconds, after which they’ll be frozen for 0.5 seconds.
Atlas gains 11-25 extra Physical and Magic Defense when Frigid Breath is present.
- Allows you to stick onto enemy heroes and land your spells.
- Can be active throughout a team fight if you chain your spells well.
First skill – Annihilate
Atlas smashes the ground and causes three explosions. Each explosion deals magic damage to enemies. Ejected State: If he has ejected from his Mecha Sentry, both himself and his Mecha will cast Annihilate.
- Use this skill after Perfect Match so that you can create two circles of AoE for maximum damage in Ejected State.
Second skill – Perfect Match
Atlas enters Ejected State, gaining movement speed and immunity to slow effects. In this state, the Mecha Sentry will follow the pilot at an increasing speed (can only be affected by Suppression). Once they meet, Atlas will return to the Mecha, dealing magic damage to enemies nearby and stunning them.
Ejected State: Atlas and his Mecha share the same HP bar and reduce damage taken in this state.
- This skill makes Atlas stand out of the crowd. Literally. It can be used over walls, which gives you more maneuver options.
- A gap closer, use Perfect Match and Frigid Breath to chase down enemies.
- In order to guarantee the stun at the end, use the movement speed gained to position Atlas ahead of opponents instead of behind them.
- If you open a fight with Perfect Match, you won’t have any other spell to flee (besides Flicker if it is off cooldown). Conversely, Perfect Match is a great escape tool as it gives you a boost of speed and reduces damage taken.
Ultimate – Fatal Links
Atlas hurls chains at all nearby heroes and starts to channel (can only be interrupted by Suppression), dealing magic damage to enemies hit, and slowing them. When this skill is used again while channeling, Atlas will drag the targets towards him and plunk them down to the target location, dealing magic damage. Using this skill in Ejected State will summon the Mecha Sentry to Atlas for quick merging.
- Use Fatal Links after Perfect Match’s stun for a crowd control combo.
- Even though Fatal Links can be channeled, it’s too telegraphed and too slow to max it out when in full view. Instant casting is just as effective.
- Fling opponents into your team so that they can deal maximum upfront damage.
- At the end of the day, you’re still a tank. Even if you initiate with your full combo but your teammates can’t follow up, chances are the enemies won’t die. It’s better to watch your team’s positioning and peel for your carries instead.
A comprehensive beginner’s guide on how to play Atlas in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell for Atlas
Flicker is essential if you want to be the ultimate playmaker on Atlas. Closing the gap while you perform combos can make the difference between catching someone out, or missing entirely. Alternatively, Sprint is also viable.
Best build for Atlas in Mobile Legends
Rapid Boots, which increases your movement speed by 80, gives the most movement speed in-game. This naturally helps Atlas, for he won’t be solely reliant on Perfect Match to initiate, and will now have the ability to catch up to enemies with this buy.
Dominance Ice is a core for all tanks, who commonly buy Immortality and Athena’s Shield. Add Antique Cuirass to your build if the physical damage dealers on the enemy team are especially fed.
Choose between the Tank and Support emblem set.
Under the Support emblem set, add points to Agility for extra movement speed, Recovery for regen, and Pull Yourself Together to get extra cooldown on Flicker.
If you go for the Tank emblem set, add points to Shield, Inspire for move cooldown reduction, and Brave Smite, which will help you survive more a little longer during engages.
How to play against against Atlas
Atlas’ kit revolves around Perfect Match. It doubles his damage output when used with Annihilate, and is his main tool for initiating.
If you play a hero with a re-positioning spell, use it just before his mecha catches up to him. If he cannot predict where you are going, you will be safe out of stun range.
The cooldown of Perfect Match is long, so punish Atlas after he uses this skill.
Try to pick fights in open spaces in lane or in river so that you have space to kite him out while avoiding Frigid Breath. If you encounter him in the jungle, let your front line tank his combo, then retaliate immediately.
Even then, at the power level he’s at right now, we have to admit it’s still pretty tough to kill him.
Follow ONE Esports on Facebook for MLBB esports news, guides and updates.