Updated on July 21, 3 p.m. (GMT+8): Updated recommended emblem.
He possesses multiple crowd control in his arsenal, making him an incredibly strong hero in team fights.
Furthermore, he can instantly remove debuffs using his ultimate while enhancing his skills, allowing him to get out of dangerous positions and deliver destructive damage over time.
If you want to dominate the game as the Son of Flames, here’s an extensive guide which includes the ideal battle spell and emblem, best build, skill combos, and tips.
Valir’s skills in Mobile Legends
Passive – Ashing
Valir’s skills apply a stack of Ablaze to enemies hit, dealing magic damage equal to a percentage of their maximum HP per second for several seconds.
At three stacks, the fire detonates, dealing magic damage equal to a percentage of the target’s max HP and stunning them for a second.
- To trigger the stun effect of Ashing on your intended opponent, manually target the skills for higher accuracy.
- If you manage to hit your target with the first two skills, you will definitely stun and burn them.
- You can only stun the same target once every seven seconds.
First skill – Burst Fireball
Valir launches a fireball that explodes upon hitting the first target, dealing magic damage and slowing them. The lingering flame on the ground will explode after a second, dealing magic damage.
He stores up a fireball every nine seconds, up to two total. Using this skill to hit a hero or kill an enemy will immediately restore a fireball.
- Max out Burst Fireball first, as this is his primary damage spell.
- Manually target this skill to have better accuracy, enabling you to quickly restore a charge and continuously use it.
- Use this to scout enemies hiding in bushes from time to time. While it does not reveal them completely, you can determine that there’s someone hiding in a bush if the spell recharges right away.
- Burst Fireball applies two stacks of Ablaze when the enemy gets damaged by the initial hit and the subsequent explosion, allowing you to stun them with your next skill.
Second skill – Searing Torrent
Valir unleashes a torrent of flames in the target direction, dealing magic damage to enemies and knocking them to the end of its path.
- While this is mainly used to knock back approaching enemies, you can also use Searing Torrent to push them near your allies or turret.
- This can interrupt most dash abilities, allowing you to escape from enemies with the mentioned type of mobility skill.
- Similar to Burst Fireball, you can use this to scout enemies hiding in a bush by pushing them out of it and exposing their location.
Ultimate – Vengeance Flame
Valir removes all debuffs on him and conjures four Vengeance Flames that enhance his subsequent skills for nine seconds. Each of his skills consumes one Vengeance Flame to deal extra base damage.
Meanwhile, he gains extra movement speed that decays over several seconds.
Enhanced Burst Fireball: He increases the skill’s range, explosion damage, and area of effect.
Enhanced Searing Torrent: He generates a firewall at its edge that lasts for several seconds. If an enemy is hit by the firewall, they will be slowed and take magic damage every second.
- When a team fight breaks out, use Vengeance to instantly remove a control effect, and run to a position where you can safely release your skills.
- Take note that this cannot remove suppression. So, be careful when there are enemies with such effect, like Kaja and Franco who have it in their ultimates.
- Before triggering this, make sure that your skills are not on cooldown.
- Upon using this, your screen will zoom out, allowing you to see distant opponents, and target them with Burst Fireball.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Valir in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
Since Valir lacks a reliable mobility spell, Flicker is the optimal battle spell for him. Use it primarily to get out of sticky situations.
Alternatively, you can opt for Sprint to gain a substantial surge in speed. This enables you to distance yourself from approaching enemies, and effectively kite them in the process.
To maximize Valir’s DPS potential, choose the Mage emblem. It gives a substantial amount of magic power, cooldown reduction, and magic penetration.
Conversely, you can consider selecting Basic Common emblem, as it grants hybrid regen, which allows you to use your spells frequently.
In terms of talents, pick Agility in the first tier for extra movement speed. This helps you to kite enemies more effectively. Follow up with Festival of Blood for spell vamp.
In the final tier, pick Impure Rage to inflict adaptive damage while replenishing a portion of your mana.
Valir best build
Valir relies on mana to unleash his spells consistently. To address this, it is advisable to buy Demon Shoes, which restore mana upon scoring hero kills, assists, and minion kills.
Next, prioritize obtaining two core items — Ice Queen Wand and Glowing Wand. The former inflicts an additional slowing effect on targets, while the latter amplifies burn damage.
Consider incorporating defensive items like Antique Cuirass or Blade Armor for physical defense, and Athena’s Shield or Radiant Armor for magic defense. These will enable you to endure incoming bursts of damage while ensuring you can continuously unleash your devastating attacks during clashes
For increased magic power and penetration, invest in Genius Wand or Divine Glaive. If you find yourself ahead in the game, acquiring both can further boost your damage output.
To enhance your survivability in the late game, purchase Winter Truncheon or Immortality.
Should the other team possess healing spells, consider buying Necklace of Durance to weaken their ability to sustain themselves during engagements.
The best build for Valir in Mobile Legends
- Demon Shoes
- Ice Queen Wand
- Glowing Wand
- Antique Cuirass/Athena’s Shield
- Genius Wand
Easy combos to learn
During the laning phase, repeatedly hit your opponent with Burst Fireball to slow them down, and trigger Ashing’s stun effect. If they try to close in on you, push them away using Searing Torrent before following up with Burst Fireball.
In team fights, if you get controlled, promptly activate Vengeance Flame to dispel the debuff. Subsequently, reposition yourself strategically to release your enhanced Burst Fireball and Searing Torrent.
Remember to stay in the backline before and during team fights to minimize the risk of getting swiftly eliminated. By doing so, you can consistently inflict damage on your enemies with your fiery spells.