Updated on October 12, 4:30 p.m. (GMT+8): Added relevant guides.
His ultimate lets him transform into a large black dragon, giving him crowd control immunity and the ability to knock back enemies.
|GET AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION WITH OUR COLLECTION OF MLBB GUIDES|
|Full list of Mobile Legends hero guides, counters, best build, and advanced combos|
|Full list of Mobile Legends guides: Role guides, how to rank up, terms|
He is a complex hero, and it could take a while to fully understand his skills, and once you do, you’ll still need to properly manage his Sha Residue to succeed.
But fret not. We made an in-depth guide to help you master playing the Black Dragon.
Yu Zhong’s skills in Mobile Legends
Passive – Cursing Touch
Yu Zhong applies Sha Residue to the target every time he deals damage to them. Sha Residue erupts upon reaching five stacks on a target, and begins consuming a stack every half a second. Each stack consumption deals physical damage based on physical attack and the target’s lost HP, restores a percentage of his lost HP, and increases his movement speed.
- Yu Zhong’s passive has two parts to it. As Yu Zhong hits enemies, he applies Sha Residue to them. Think of it as a passive stack.
- Because Sha Residue rewards you at max stacks, it favors Yu Zhong in 1v1 situations.
- An indicator below the enemy hero indicates how many Sha Residue stacks he has. The passive will activate once the green color fills up the logo.
- You can apply Sha Residue on multiple enemies at the same time.
First skill – Dragon Tail
Yu Zhong infuses his power into his cloak and turns it into a weapon, which starts to attack nearby enemies after a short delay. The inner area of the cloak deals physical damage, whereas the sharpened edge deals a larger amount of damage and applies two stacks of Sha Residue.
This skill benefits less from spell vamp on minions.
- Dragon Tail will trigger a spin animation, which causes a slight delay after you cast this ability. Be aware of its timing.
- The outer circle of this AoE deals more damage, so you constantly want to adjust your positioning so that it hits enemy units on the edge.
- Max this skill first. It has the lowest cooldown and highest damage.
Second skill – Soul Grip
Yu Zhong unleashes the Dragon Soul, dealing physical damage to all enemies in front and slowing them down for a second.
Upon target hit, Yu Zhong’s next basic attack will be enhanced, dealing physical damage. Upon multiple target hit, he applies Sha Residue multiple times with the enhanced basic attack, dealing extra damage.
- This is a skill shot, so remember to aim carefully at your targets!
- The slow effect can be used when chasing down enemies to close the gap, or when running away.
- Choosing the sequence of when to use Soul Grip and Furious Drive matters.
Third skill – Furious Dive
Yu Zhong leaps towards the designated area with his full strength, dealing physical damage. He is able to dash one more time in the movement direction.
After a short delay, enemies within the area of effect will be knocked airborne and take additional physical damage.
- The range of Furious Dive is not that long. It also has an animation cast time, which means that opponents can dodge when they see Yu Zhong leaping.
- The knock up effect is also delayed, so if enemies are near the outer edge of Furious Dive, they can simply walk out of the circle. If you want to land the knock up, position such that you hit them in the center instead. Also, use the slow from Soul Grip to help you land Furious Dive.
- Because Dragon Tail has a delay, use it first followed by Furious Dive so that both their AoE damage triggers at the same time.
- Enemies with dashes or blinks are more elusive, so use Dragon Tail and Soul Grip in your combo first, then Dive after they use their mobility spell.
Ultimate – Black Dragon Form
After channeling, Yu Zhong transforms into his Black Dragon form. For several seconds, he cannot use any skills, but can move freely and will knock back enemy heroes in his path while dealing physical damage. He also gains control immunity, ignores obstacles, and increases his HP in this form.
Upon exiting the Black Dragon form, he enters Dragonoid form, gaining increased range on all his skills for several seconds.
- Black Dragon is great for initiating or fleeing. In this form, Yu Zhong ignores obstacles, so what’s stopping you from diving the enemy’s back line? A chain initiation with your tank will provide a huge opening for your team to follow up on.
- When all else fails and you get outnumbered, Black Dragon is also the best spell for escaping because you can’t get locked down.
- Remember, in this form, you can still be targeted, so watch your HP.
- In Dragonoid Form, finish off enemies by taking advantage of the increased range (and therefore AoE) of your spells.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Yu Zhong in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
Petrify allows you to easily chain your combos against the enemies, especially after exiting the Black Dragon Form.
Vengeance, on the other hand, is great for diving the back line, as it grants damage reduction and reflection.
Agility will help you close the gap faster with additional Movement Speed, so take that as your tier-one talent.
Festival of Blood on the other end, allows you to stay in fights longer thanks to its Spell Vamp. You’ll also get an additional Spell Vamp each time you take down or assist in killing an enemy hero.
Top it off with Lethal Ignition to unleash the full might of your hero. This core talent synergizes well with your Cursed Touch passive because when you deal damage greater than a percentage of an enemy hero’s Max HP within a period, you’ll scorch your target with additional damage.
Best item build
Bloodlust Axe is no longer a primary item for Yu Zhong. Hunter Strike and War Axe are the best damage items for him now.
After purchasing damage equipment, proceed with building defensive items so you can fearlessly dive the back line.
|READ MORE YU ZHONG GUIDES HERE|
|The 3 best heroes to counter Yu Zhong in Mobile Legends|
|Learn how to execute these 3 advanced Yu Zhong combos and prove you’re a real dragon|
Dominance Ice enables you to man up against physical damage dealers, while Oracle strengthens the effect of Cursing Touch while providing decent magic defense.
Complete your build with Brute Force Breastplate. You can swap out this item with the Rose Gold Meteor to add more punch to your damage while also getting an additional magic damage shield.
The best build for Yu Zhong in Mobile Legends
- Warrior Boots
- Hunter Strike
- War Axe
- Dominance Ice
- Rose Gold Meteor
Easy combos to learn
In the laning phase, you should prioritize using Soul Grip on the enemy minions to clear them efficiently and then use basic attacks on the enemy hero to apply Sha Residue stacks, which depend on how many minions you’ve hit with the skill.
Yu Zhong’s strong laning abilities should be used to pressure and harass the enemy EXP laner to deny them experience and gold.
Once you reach level four, consider using your Black Dragon Form to either assist in team fights near the EXP lane or help the jungler secure the Turtle.
In team fights, a typical combo involves activating Black Dragon Form, engaging the enemy’s backline, deactivating your ultimate, and then using Petrify, Dragon Tail, Soul Grip, and basic attacks.
If the enemy attempts to escape by using Flicker or another mobility skill, you can respond by using Furious Drive to close the gap and secure the kill.