Lancelot, the Blade of Roses, is an assassin hero in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang who uses his sharp sword in slaying enemies.
Renowned for his exceptional mobility, he possesses a distinctive skill set that enables him to execute multiple swift dashes.
Furthermore, he can unleash burst damage to instantly eliminate a squishy target before escaping unscathed, making him a favorite among assassin users.
Lancelot’s skills in Mobile Legends
Passive – Soul Cutter
Each time Lancelot charges, his damage is increased by a percentage for four seconds, up to four times the percentage.
- The damage increase duration is reset every time you use a blink or charge ability.
- Additional damage dealt includes all types of damage from any sources.
- Aside from his own abilities, he also gains a stack of Soul Cutter when he blinks or dash using Cyclone Eye, Flicker, and Mathilda’s Guiding Wind.
First skill – Puncture
Lancelot charges in a designated direction, dealing physical damage to enemies along the way and applying a Sword Mark to the first unmarked enemy hit. The Sword Mark lasts for several seconds.
If he successfully applies a Sword Mark to an enemy, the cooldown of this skill will reset.
- Puncture is Lancelot’s main mobility spell. Use it to close in on your target or get out of dangerous positions.
- Use this to dodge ground-targeted skills.
- However, be careful when approaching enemy heroes with targeted crowd control, as you are not invulnerable during the dash animation.
Second skill – Thorned Rose
Lancelot strikes in the target direction three times, each time dealing physical damage to enemies hit (damage is reduced when multiple enemies are hit). He’s untargetable and invincible during this process.
Enemies in the center of the area take all three hits and are slowed for a moment. The slowing effect can stack. This skill benefits less from his spell vamp.
- Thorned Rose is his main damage skill, so max this first.
- Hit your target at the center of this skill’s area to deal a bigger amount of damage, and inflict a slowing effect.
- When using the skill, there’s an indicator showing the center area. Use it to improve your accuracy.
- Don’t get too close to your target to ensure that you hit them at the center.
- As Lancelot is untargetable and invincible during the skill animation, you can use this to dodge basic attack projectiles, spells, and turret attacks. However, mastering the perfect timing for this requires practice and skill.
- When taking the Turtle or Lord, use the Thorned Rose-Retribution combo to significantly boost your chance of taking the objective.
Ultimate – Phantom Execution
After a short delay, Lancelot performs an executioner’s strike in the target direction, dealing massive physical damage. He is invincible throughout the process.
- While Phantom Execution is usually used to finish off enemies, you can also use this to initiate your attack to deal huge damage at the start of a fight.
- Similar to Thorned Rose, he is invincible during the animation. Use this to dodge basic attacks and skills.
- However, bear in mind that this has a cast delay. You need to practice for you to successfully dodge spells using the ultimate.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Lancelot in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
If you’re playing Lancelot as a jungler, Retribution is the optimal choice. It can help you quickly clear jungle monsters, thereby accelerating your farm and item acquisition.
Moreover, Retribution plays a vital role in securing significant objectives such as the Lord and Turtle.
If you’re playing in the side lane, Execute is a viable option. Use it to finish off a target who manages to survive your combo.
Jungle emblem works best if you’re using jungle Lancelot. Max out Brutal for extra damage to monsters, and Swift for attack speed.
Select Seasoned Hunter in the last tier to gain additional damage against the Lord and Turtle, while reducing the incoming damage from them.
Alternatively, if you want to have more damage, choose Assassin emblem. Put points on Agility for movement speed, and Invasion for physical penetration.
Pick Killing Spree as your key talent to restore your HP and get additional movement speed each time you kill an enemy hero.
Building items for Lancelot depends on your playstyle.
Opting for the popular tank build as a jungler can help you effectively take important objectives, such as the Lord. Additionally, it allows you to dive fearlessly and force enemies to expend their spells on you.
To start this build, purchase Tough Boots and equip Bloody Retribution. Follow up with Molten Essence, a component of Cursed Helmet, and Guardian Helmet.
Upgrade to Cursed Helmet, then get Thunder Belt. For a boost in damage, buy War Axe and Endless Battle.
If you need to improve your survivability, replace Endless Battle with Athena’s Shield for magic defense, Antique Cuirass for physical defense, or Immortality for resurrection.
The best build for Lancelot in Mobile Legends
- Tough Boots (Bloody Retribution)
- Cursed Helmet
- Guardian Helmet
- Thunder Belt
- War Axe
- Athena’s Shield/Antique Cuirass
If you want to play aggressively, go for items that provide a combination of physical attack and cooldown reduction, such as War Axe, Hunter Strike, and Endless Battle.
To gain more damage, purchase Blade of Despair or Malefic Roar. Complete your build with Immortality for increased survivability.
- Tough Boots (Ice Retribution if you’re a jungler)
- War Axe
- Hunter Strike
- Endless Battle
- Blade of Despair
Easy combos to learn
During the early game, use Puncture to close the gap on your target, then hit them with Thorned Rose to deal significant damage.
Upon reaching level four, perform the same combo before finishing off your enemy with Phantom Execution. Retreat using Puncture.
You can also initiate your combo with Phantom Execution to deal massive damage right from the start. Next, use Thorned Rose to deal more damage and slow down the opponent.
Chase them down with Puncture and use basic attacks to take them down. Use Puncture again to disengage.
If you have Execute as a battle spell, cast it to slay your target if your damage falls short.
Follow ONE Esports on Facebook for MLBB esports news, guides and updates.
READ MORE: 3 pro tips on how to secure the Turtle in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang