After the initial tease back in November 2019, Mobile Legends: Bang Bang players are finally able to play world-class Filipino boxer and 12-time world champion Manny “PacMan” Pacquiao’s very own hero! The 102th addition to the Land of Dawn is fighter-boxer Paquito, pronounced “pah-kee-toe”.
Prior to the M2 World Championship, there was a 1v1 Paquito showcasing the power of his fists. A hero that doesn’t rely on mana, his skills are only tied down by cooldowns — and your ability to execute them.
Ultimate – Knockout Strike
Paquito launches an elbow strike to all enemies in front, dealing 250 / 300 / 350 (+50% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage and pushing them to the destination. He then swings a haymaker at rapid speed, dealing 400 / 500 / 600 (+100% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage and slowing targets by 75% for one second, as he darts backward.
Champ Stance Enhanced: Having pushed enemies to the destination, Paquito launches an uppercut, dealing 600 / 750 / 900 (+150% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage and knocking his enemies airborne instead of slowing them.
- Benedetta’s first skill, Phantom Slash, has the same mechanic which launches the hero forward, then back to the original position.
- Knockout Strike pushes the target backwards and slows enemy units down. In Champ Stance, it not only does more damage, it also knocks them airborne, functioning as his only hard crowd control.
- Since Knockout Strike has two parts to it, it stacks his passive twice!
Passive – Champ Stance
Paquito build stacks when hitting enemy heroes enemies with Basic Attacks or dealing damage with skills.
Once this stack reaches four, he enters Champ Stance and enhances his next skill.
Paquito excels in his technique, empowering his skills to have no cooldown. However, each of his Basic Attacks only deals (+85% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage.
After using any enhancing skill, Paquito increases his Movement Speed by 60% which decays rapidly in 2.5 seconds.
- Similar to previous recently released heroes like Mathilda, Benedetta, Barats, and Yu Zhong, Paquito’s kit is defined by his passive, so pay attention.
- Whenever you hit a hero with skills or basic attacks, you will get Champ Stance stacks. On monsters or creeps however, only your skills will grant you stacks.
- At the maximum four stacks, all his skills will be enhanced and available immediately, even if they were on cooldown. This is what makes Paquito so powerful, for he can continually chain skills and auto attacks without being constrained by mana.
- Choosing which enhanced skill to use in varied situations and times sets you apart from the pack.
- Once you consume the empowered charge, it resets the passive stacking process.
- Use the increased movement speed to chase down and stick to opponents.
First skill – Heavy Left Punch
Paquito punches in a specified direction, dealing 245 / 280 / 315 / 350 / 385 / 420 (+70% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to the target hit. If a hero is hit, Paquito gains 200 / 260 / 320 / 380 / 440 / 500 (+110 Total Physical Attack) Shield.
Champ Stance Enhanced: Paquito’s heavy punch becomes even fiercer, dealing 350 / 400 / 450 / 500 / 550 / 600 (+100% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage and granting him 110% of the original Shield (this enhanced shield can stack with the non-enhanced shield). Shield lasts 2.5 seconds.
- This is the only defensive skill in his kit, for it gives you a shield upon dealing damage to an enemy hero. In Champ Stance, the shield increases.
- Time your Heavy Left Punch such that it absorbs the most damage from a key enemy spell for maximum effect.
Second skill – Jab
Paquito dashes forth and throws a jab, dealing 250 / 310 / 370 / 430 / 490 / 550 (+100% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to all enemies within an area of effect.
Champ Stance Enhanced: Gives Paquito’s jab even more striking force, dealing 400 / 496 / 592 / 688 / 784 / 880 (+150% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to enemies within an area of effect.
Jab deals no damage to targets in your path, and stops only when hitting a hero or creep (it passes through minions).
- Jab does area of effect damage in its path, and has higher base damage than his first skill. Max this skill first and use it to clear minion waves.
- In Champ Stance, this skill does the most damage, so it’s important to aim and land it on your target.
- Jab and your ultimate are gap closers, so aim to open combos with this skill.
Tips and tricks
Since Paquito is all about sticking to targets, taking Flicker as your Battle Spell increases his offensive capabilities. Alternatively, since he’s already a very mobile hero, Execute will help you finish off enemies if your combo does not.
Naturally, Fighter Emblem works best with the boxer. Go all out with Bravery and Invasion to increase your physical attack damage followed by Festival of Blood as your key Talent for Spell Vamp.
Like other fighters, a hybrid damage and defensive build works best on him. Adapt your boots according to the enemy team’s line up, and buy Bloodlust Axe as your core to synergize with Festival of Blood. Queen’s Wings is always useful, while Athena’s Shield is effective against high magic damage. It can also be swapped out for Immortality.
Your ultimate does the most damage, followed by your second skill. Since his passive refreshes the cooldown of all skills, you can use the same skill twice in a row at max stacks (Enhanced Stance). As such, your primary combo should open with Knockout Strike twice, followed by Jab then Heavy Left Punch.
Of course, if you’re not at max stacks, you’ll have to build up to this combo starting with Jab, followed by Heavy Left Punch, and auto attacks. Just remember to clinch the double ultimate cast in Enhanced Stance mode!
Follow ONE Esports on Facebook for more Mobile Legends: Bang Bang news, updates, and guides.
READ MORE: The beginner’s guide to Mathilda, MLBB’s newest mage