Updated on July 6, 6 p.m. (GMT+8): Updated recommended emblem.
He deals true damage with his first skill and is one of the most difficult heroes to kill in the laning phase because of his Firaga Armor passive, which gives him an extra shield.
His ultimate, Last Insanity, is what makes him one of the most sought-after heroes in ranked. This devastating skill deals increased damage as the enemy’s HP decreases, making it possible for X.Borg to secure an easy Savage in team fights.
In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into every aspect of his playstyle and how to play him effectively from the laning phase all the way to the latter stages of the game.
X.Borg’s skills in Mobile Legends
Passive – Firaga Armor
X.Borg’s Firaga Armor inherits his max HP and can absorb all incoming damage for him when it’s active. He can pick up Firaga Supplies to restore the Armor’s HP when the armor is active or recharge it in an armorless state.
- When the Armor is destroyed, he will disengage from the armor and roll in the direction of the joystick.
- X.Borg becomes immune and turret aggro resets whenever his armor is destroyed. This means that you can play aggressively in the laning phase and even tower dive without having to worry about dying as he can easily escape.
- X.Borg’s fire damage causes enemies to heat up to six times. Enemies at maximum temperature will drop Firaga Supplies and will receive true damage on his Fire Missiles.
- Picking up a Firaga Supply restores 10% energy when armorless, and armor HP when his armor is up.
Skill 1 – Fire Missiles
He activates the flamethrower and fires in the designated direction.
- Fire Missiles are not visible when casting from inside a bush. Use this to your advantage and always hide in nearby bushes in the laning phase.
- Enemies at maximum temperature are dealt true damage.
- When he is armorless, Fire Missiles become narrower, but longer. The damage of this skill will also be reduced to 60% during this time.
- Fire Missiles can be interrupted by airborne, suppressed, frozen, or transformed effects.
Skill 2 – Fire Stake
He shoots fire stakes in the front, which can pull enemies back or pick up Firaga Supplies.
- You can cast this while using Fire Missiles or Last Insanity.
- When you are armorless, try to pile up Firaga Supplies and use Fire Stake in one swoop to immediately regenerate energy and recover your Firaga Armor.
- This skill is also great in team fights as it can affect multiple enemies and pull them closer to you.
Ultimate – Last Insanity
He charges forward, shooting fire around him. He destroys his Firaga Armor and deals damage to nearby enemies after a period of time.
- Use this skill cautiously, as X.Borg will be armorless once Last Insanity is finished. This skill cannot be used if you don’t have your Firaga Armor.
- The lower the enemy’s health is, the better the chances of this skill one-shotting enemy heroes. Only use this if multiple enemies have low HP.
- You can also use this prematurely for the slow effect, provided that you have one teammate nearby who deals a ton of damage.
- If the armor is destroyed before it can self-detonate, it will only deal 50% of the damage.
- When his Armor detonates, X.Borg will dash a short distance in the joystick’s direction and enter Armorless State while removing all debuffs from himself.
A comprehensive guide on how to play X.Borg in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
Flicker is a must for X.Borg, as it complements his Last Insanity ultimate.
The spell enables you to swiftly close the gap between you and fleeing enemies. Given that he lacks any inherent mobility skills, Flicker also serves as a vital escape tool when he finds himself in a vulnerable position.
Recommended X.borg emblem
Pick the Fighter Emblem tree to improve his survivability in team fights.
Spell vamp allows him to restore HP with each ability. Meanwhile, hybrid defense improves his durability, a great choice considering that he is vulnerable in the first five minutes of the game.
For talents, Thrill grants an additional 16 adaptive attacks, increasing his damage output in the early to mid-game.
Festival of Blood is also a game-changer, especially if you manage to reach eight stacks early on in the game. As for what’s the best Tier 3 talent for him, Brave Smite is the most viable choice as it allows him to restore lost HP after dealing damage with skills.
Since his Fire Missiles only have a four-second cooldown, X.Borg can quickly regain lost HP without having to recall all the time when his health is low.
X.Borg best build
In extended team fights, X.Borg thrives, making items that accumulate stacks and enhance his survivability the preferred choice. As a starting item, War Axe provides additional damage, while Bloodlust Axe serves as an early spell vamp option for those seeking sustained healing.
If you find yourself facing a hero that counters X.Borg, such as Gloo or Paquito, consider picking up Immortality. This item offers a valuable second chance, allowing you to resurrect and continue the fight.
Afterward, adjust your item build based on the specific matchup. Dominance Ice becomes a suitable option against teams with significant healing capabilities, while Hunter’s Strike can be incorporated for additional damage output.
For added sustainability, Oracle proves to be a safe and reliable pick. This item grants extra healing and shields, reinforcing X.Borg’s durability on the battlefield.
Best build for X.Borg
- Warrior Boots
- Bloodlust Axe
- War Axe
- Dominance Ice
Easy combos to learn
During the laning phase, a key strategy for X.Borg is to frequently use Fire Missiles to pressure the enemy hero, forcing them to recall often. To ensure maximum effectiveness, it is crucial to maintain the temperature of your Fire Missiles, ensuring that you consistently deal true damage.
When the enemy’s temperature reaches its peak and their health is low, seize the opportunity to secure the kill by unleashing Last Insanity. If the enemy attempts to escape by using Flicker or a mobility skill, close the distance by employing Flicker as well.
In team fights, an alternate approach is to initiate with Last Insanity first, particularly when accompanied by an initiator or damage dealer. However, if your ultimate fails to claim any enemy lives, promptly disengage from the team fight by maneuvering away using your joystick and utilizing Flicker for a safe retreat.
Playing as X.Borg primarily revolves around maximizing the enemy’s temperature to set up easier kills upon activating your ultimate. Mastering this strategy will empower you to dominate the battlefield with precise execution and calculated aggression.