Mobile Legends: Bang Bang has released the official hero spotlight on their newest fighter hero, Yu Zhong, the Fierce Black Dragon.
From the looks of it, Yu Zhong is going to be an instant favorite with his impressive crowd control and damage output. Let’s take a look at his skills and what he has to offer on the battlefield.
Passive – Cursing Touch
Yu Zhong’s passive works as an offensive and defensive skill. It applies Sha Residue to a target every time he deals damage and gathers Sha Essence for himself.
The Sha Residue will deal damage over time once it reaches five stacks, and Yu Zhong will restore HP and Sha essence.
Once his Sha essence is full, he immediately gains movement speed and spell vamp. This skill is crucial in 1v1 battles, for you’ll need to plan out your attacks so that Sha Essence kicks in at the right moment.
- Sha Residue eruption (at 5 stacks): 1 stack of Sha Residue every 0.25 second, dealing 40 (+30% Extra Physical Attack) + 2% of the target’s lost HP as Physical Damage
- Restores 8% of Yu Zhong’s lost HP and gathers 8 Sha Essence
- Fully Charged Sha Essence gives Yu Zhong 40% movement speed and 20% spell vamp
First skill – Dragon Tail
Yu Zhong’s first skill turns his cloak into a weapon, attacking enemies around him after a delay. Enemies in the outer area will face the blades of the cloak, taking more damage than usual.
This skill is perfect for zoning out heroes in the laning phase.
- Deals 200 / 260 / 320 / 380 (+100% Extra Physical Attack) Physical Damage
- Outer area deals 250% damage and applies 2 stacks of Sha Residue
- On minions, Spell Vamp is capped at 40%
Second skill – Soul Grip
With Soul Grip, Yu Zhong unleashes the Dragon Soul, attacking and slowing enemies in a line.
When Soul Grip hits enemies, Yu Zhong can attack them to deal extra damage and trigger a knock-back effect.
Soul Grip can be utilized to chase down enemies, as it brings Yu Zhong into range to use his other skills.
- Deals 150 / 175 / 200 / 225 (+120% Extra Physical Attack) Physical Damage to all enemies in front and slowing them by 60% for 1 second.
- Upon hit, Yu Zhong’s next Basic Attack will be enhanced, dealing 108 / 144 / 180 / 216 (+100% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage and knocking them back.
- When multiple targets are hit, Yu Zhong applies Sha Residue multiple times with the enhanced Basic Attack, dealing up to 200% damage.
Third skill – Furious Dive
Furious Dive is Yu Zhong’s best crowd-control skill, giving him a fairly long dash that ends with a delayed knock-up.
The move has two AoE damage outputs: First the dash, then the knock-up. Since they both deal the same amount of damage, you can pair this move with Dragon Tail as the go-to combo in team fights.
- Deals 180 / 210 / 240 / 270 (+90% Extra Physical Attack) Physical Damage and dashing in a specified direction after casting this skill
- Delayed 1-second knock-up deals 180 / 210 / 240 / 270 (+90% Extra Physical Attack) Physical Damage in the area of effect
Ultimate – Black Dragon Form
Yu Zhong’s ultimate transforms him into the Black Dragon, turning him into the mythical creature that is immune to crowd control attacks. When he collides with enemies, he will deal damage and knock them back.
This skill is perfect for extending team fights or escaping a gank.
After seven seconds, Black Dragon form ends, dealing another AoE attack. He then enters into Dragonoid Form and receives instant ranged buffs on his skills.
- Black Dragon Form: Lasts for 7 seconds
- Crowd Control Immunity, ignores obstacles and increasing his Max HP by 600 / 800 / 1000 (+200% Extra Physical Attack)
- Deals 200 / 280 / 360(+100% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage and knocking them back
- Dragonoid Form: Lasts for 10 seconds
- Deals 200 / 280 / 360(+100% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage enemies in his area
With the two forms, Yu Zhong is expected to be a ferocious fighter in the late game. Possessing an ult that lasts for 17 seconds in total, he can chase down enemies and clean up well after fights.
Yu Zhong will be available for purchase in-game on June 19.