Who are the best travelers in Southeast Asia? We’ll find out at the official Genshin Impact SEA Carnival, an online and offline esports tournament organized by IO Esports.
Thousands of dollars, Primogems, and other prizes will be up for grabs for SEA-based Genshin players. Similar to the first official Genshin esports tournament, SEA Carnival will feature a series of challenges where players’ combat skills and stamina management will be put to the ultimate test.
Here’s everything you need to know about SEA Carnival, including its schedule, how to join and register, and its prize pool.
What is Genshin Impact SEA Carnival?
SEA Carnival is an official invitational tournament organized by IO Esports with sponsorship from Genshin Impact. Participating travelers will go through challenges that will test their knowledge and skills to win Primogems and thousands of dollars.
Only players from Southeast Asian countries can register and join the tournament.
Additionally, the tournament will feature celebrity guests to help travelers compete for the championship.
How to join Genshin Impact SEA Carnival
SEA Carnival Requirements
- 18 years old and above
- Must be a citizen of any of the following countries: Brunei, Myanmar, Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Singapore, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam
- Must be able to provide relevant documents to verify their identity (e.g. passport, driver’s license, etc.)
- Participants must form teams of three
How to register for the Genshin SEA Carnival
- Fill up the Genshin Impact SEA Carnival registration form with your details.
- Wait for IO Esports to contact you, as they will screen contestants according to the information they have collected. Travelers who make the cut will be notified via phone, email, or Discord.
Slots will be given accordingly based on a first-come, first-served basis for the teams that have correctly followed the registration and confirmation process.
View the full Genshin Impact SEA Carnival online qualifier ruleset here.
Genshin Impact SEA Carnival schedule
- Registration period: November 12 to November 24
- Qualifying round: November 26 and November 27
- Finals: December 17 and 18
The top 8 teams from the qualifying round will win a trip to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, to compete in the SEA Carnival finals.
Genshin SEA Carnival tournament format
Teams must complete two challenges under Warrior’s Expedition. Bonus points will be given based on the characters that players will use.
- Domain challenge – Participants must clear assigned domains in order and as quickly as possible. The time limit for this challenge is one hour.
- Sprint challenge – Without using teleport waypoints, participants must travel to designated locations and take photos of the landmark using the in-game Kamera. All team members must be visible in the photo.
Warrior’s Expedition domain challenges and landmarks
|NO.||DOMAIN CHALLENGE||SPRINT CHALLENGE LANDMARK||REGION|
|1||Midsummer Courtyard||Starsnatch Cliff|
|2||Valley of Remembrance||Dawn Winery||Mondstadt|
|3||Ridge Watch||The Dragon’s Core|
|4||Hidden Palace of Zhou Formula (unlock via torch – Geo totem puzzle)||Wuwang Hill Peak||Liyue|
|5||Clear Pool and Mountain Cavern||Mt. Aocang Peak||Liyue|
|6||Domain of Guyun||Geo Hypostasis Peak||Liyue|
|7||Momiji-Dyed Court||Serpent’s Head||Inazuma|
|8||Slumbering Court||Asase Shrine||Inazuma|
|9||The Lost Valley||The Chasm’s Maw||The Chasm|
|10||Under the Umbrella’s Shade (unlock via Dendro|
|11||Spire of Solitary Enlightenment||Sanctuary of|
Genshin SEA Carnival prize pool and prize distribution
The tournament has a US$10,000 prize pool, where the winning team will get the lion’s share of US$4,000 in cash.
1,000x Primogems for each team member
500x Primogems for each team member
Where to watch Genshin Impact SEA Carnival
The tournament will be broadcasted live on major online platforms.
(To be updated)
Follow ONE Esports on Facebook for more Genshin news, guides, and highlights.