Updated on December 22, 12:37 p.m. (GMT+8): Added relevant guides.
Capable of unleashing an explosive combo, she instantly erases enemies with her sheer burst of magic damage.
Furthermore, she is one of the most elusive mage heroes, thanks to her exceptional mobility.
|GET AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION WITH OUR COLLECTION OF MLBB GUIDES
|Full list of MLBB hero guides, counters, best build, and advanced combos
|Full list of Mobile Legends guides: Role guides, how to rank up, terms
However, mastering her requires significant effort due to the complexity of her unique skill set.
To aid you in learning how to play the Onmyouji Master effectively, here’s an in-depth ONE Esports guide that covers recommended battle spell, emblem set, build, skill tips, and combos.
Kagura’s skills in Mobile Legends
Passive – Yin Yang Gathering
Upon retrieving the Seimei Umbrella, Kagura gains a shield, stuns nearby enemies, and slows them. This passive is triggered every few seconds.
- Use the stun and slow effects of Yin Yang Gathering to make sure that you successfully perform your combo against your target.
- You can also use this together with Kagura’s first two skills to poke your opponents.
First skill – Seimei Umbrella Open
Kagura sends the Seimei Umbrella to the target location, dealing magic damage to enemies in its path and slowing them for a moment. The Umbrella will automatically return to her when she’s too far away.
|LEARN HOW TO SECURE THE LORD AND TURTLE
|Step-by-step guide on how to secure Lord in Mobile Legends and win almost every time
|3 pro tips on how to secure the Turtle in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
- Semei Umbrella Open is her main poking and farming ability. As such, prioritize maxing it out first.
- To effectively poke your enemy in lane during the early game, leave the umbrella out on the battlefield so it has a shorter travel time to your target, making it less predictable.
- Bear in mind that when the umbrella is out, you cannot use the form of your second skill that has a Purify effect, rendering you vulnerable to debuffs.
- For better precision, it is recommended to manually target Seimei Umbrella Open.
- This spell can reveal opponents hiding in bushes, so always use it to scout when they are not showing up on the map to avoid getting ganked. Additionally, it can give you a vision advantage when taking major objectives, such as the Lord or Turtle.
Second skill – Rasho Umbrella Flee
With Umbrella: Kagura removes all debuffs on her and leaps in the target direction while leaving the Seimei Umbrella behind.
Without Umbrella: Kagura teleports to the Seimei Umbrella’s location and retrieves it, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies.
- Rasho Umbrella Flee gives you a free Purify battle spell. Use it to get rid of any debuff, and escape from approaching enemies. However, it cannot remove suppression effect.
- This skill also allows you to dash over walls, letting you retreat safely.
- Use the second form of Rasho Umbrella Flee to narrow the distance against opponents, and instantly trigger Yin Yang Gathering if it’s available, stunning and slowing them down.
- Moreover, you can use it together with Seimei Umbrella Open to get out of dangerous positions.
Ultimate – Yin Yang Overturn
With Umbrella: Kagura invokes the power of the Seimei Umbrella, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies, knocking them back, and slowing them.
Without Umbrella: Kagura invokes the power of the Seimei Umbrella, resetting the cooldown of Seimei Umbrella Open, dealing magic damage to enemies around the Umbrella, and slowing them. After a short delay, enemy heroes around the Umbrella will be pulled toward it and dealt magic damage.
- The key to maximizing Yin Yang Overturn is familiarizing yourself with the different effects of its two forms.
- Yin Yang Overturn (with umbrella) inflicts damage and effects to enemies in close range. Cast it after using Rasho Umbrella Flee (without umbrella) to ensure that you hit opponents with it.
- Moreover, you can use the first form to push back approaching foes.
- Meanwhile, Yin Yang Overturn (without umbrella) can be used after casting Seimei Umbrella Open to hit enemies from long range. However, make sure that the umbrella reaches your target first before triggering the ultimate.
- Always remember that it resets the cooldown of Seimei Umbrella Open, enabling you to deal massive damage in a short span.
- There is a short delay before the pulling effect activates. This means that you can reposition the umbrella using the first skill to ensure that your target gets pulled and damaged.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Kagura in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
Flicker and Flameshot are the top options if you are playing as Kagura.
Flicker gives you an additional mobility tool, allowing you to close the gap against enemies, get out of sticky situations, or reposition in team fights.
On the other hand, Flameshot provides you with extra magic damage to finish off your target if they manage to survive your combo. Additionally, you can use it to push away approaching opponents.
Naturally, the Mage emblem suits Kagura the best. It grants substantial magic power, cooldown reduction, and magic penetration.
Alternatively, the Assassin emblem is a viable choice. It gives adaptive penetration, adaptive attack, and movement speed.
|READ MORE KAGURA GUIDES HERE
|The 3 best heroes to counter Kagura in Mobile Legends
In terms of talents, pick Rupture in the first tier for additional adaptive penetration, and Weapons Master in the second tier for increased magic power gained from equipment, emblem, talents, and skills.
If you want to have your core items fast, you can opt for Bargain Hunter to reduce the cost of equipment.
As for your core talent, Lethal Ignition is the most optimal option. It allows you to deal additional adaptive damage when you execute your combo.
Kagura best build
Since you are one of the primary damage dealers in the team, building up your magic power and penetration is a must.
To start things off, purchase Clock of Destiny as your first core item to reach its max stacks as early as possible, giving you a significant amount of magic power and mana.
Follow up with Lightning Truncheon, which greatly synergizes with CoD, as it deals extra magic damage based on your max mana.
Subsequently, boost your magic penetration by investing in Genius Wand and Divine Glaive.
To further increase your damage output, complete your build with Holy Crystal.
However, if you want to improve your survivability, you may want to replace one of the last three items with Winter Truncheon or Immortality.
The best build for Kagura in Mobile Legends
- Clock of Destiny
- Arcane Boots
- Lightning Truncheon
- Genius Wand
- Divine Glaive
- Holy Crystal
Easy combos to learn
During the laning phase, poke your opponent by hitting them with Seimei Umbrella Open followed by Rasho Umbrella Flee (without umbrella) to trigger Yin Yang Gathering.
Subsequently, use Rasho Umbrella Flee (with umbrella) to avoid taking damage, and get back to a safe position.
Once you’ve reached level four, you can unleash a full combo to burst down your target. Here’s the most basic version:
Begin by hitting the enemy with Seimei Umbrella Open, then activate Yin Yang Overturn (without umbrella), and use your first skill once again.
After your target gets pulled toward the umbrella, cast Rasho Umbrella Flee (without umbrella), closing in on them while triggering Yin Yang Gathering.
Finish off your opponent with Yin Yang Overturn (with umbrella), then retreat using Rasho Umbrella Flee (with umbrella).
If you have Flameshot, use it as the killing blow if your target survives the devastating combo.