His ultimate enables him to deal damage while regenerating his health. Additionally, it boosts his attack speed, making him a monster in close combat.
Moreover, his other active skills allow him to jump to his enemies and slow them down, while his passive lets him unleash true damage.
Thamuz’s skills in Mobile Legends
Passive – Grand Lord Lava
When Thamuz is holding his Scythes, each basic attack has a chance to conjure a burst of Lava Energy beneath the target that erupts after a short delay, dealing true damage.
When without Scythes, Thamuz gains extra movement speed and will enhance his next basic attack after retrieving the Scythes. The enhanced basic attack slows the target and is guaranteed to trigger Lava Energy.
- Building attack speed items will increase the chance of conjuring Lava Energy from Grand Lord Lava.
- The enhanced basic attack slightly increases his attack range, allowing you to jump to your target within a certain distance.
- Lava Energy deals skill damage and, therefore, can benefit from the spell vamp effect.
First skill – Molten Scythes
Thamuz tosses his scythes in the target direction, dealing physical damage to the first enemy hero or creep hit. After hitting a target or traveling a certain distance, the scythes begin to roll in the same direction at a lower speed, dealing physical damage to nearby enemies every few seconds and slowing them.
The scythes will fly back to him after a while or when he’s too far away. He can cast this skill again or approach the Scythes to retrieve them early.
- Molten Scythes is his bread-and-butter skill, so take this at level one and upgrade it whenever possible.
- You can pull enemies towards you upon retrieving the scythes. When you hit an enemy with this, cast it again to retrieve the scythes right away for a chance to pull them, interrupting their movement or spells.
- When you are going to a certain lane or area, use this to activate the movement speed bonus from Grand Lord Lava. Throw the scythes in a diagonal direction in front of you to maximize the bonus.
- Use this to reveal enemies hiding in a bush. You will know that there’s an enemy in a nearby bush when the scythes abruptly slow down.
Second skill – Chasm Trample
Thamuz jumps to a designated area to deal physical damage and slow the enemy units for a few seconds upon landing.
If the scythes are still travelling, they will return to him and Molten Scythes will reset its cooldown instantly.
- Chasm Trample is his mobility spell. Use this to initiate your attack, or escape from danger.
- When attacking, use Molten Scythes first before closing the gap against your target using Chasm Trample. With this combo, you can toss the scythes and trigger Lava Energy twice in quick succession.
- You can jump over walls using this ability.
Ultimate – Cauterant Inferno
Thamuz spouts the lava stored in his body, dealing physical damage to nearby enemies and creating a Cauterant Zone around him. The Cauterant Zone lasts for several seconds and deals physical damage to enemies in the area.
Meanwhile, he gains extra max HP, heals himself by the same amount, and increases his attack speed. He also recovers a percentage of his max HP each time he deals damage with basic attacks or his scythes.
- Cauterant Inferno provides you with substantial buffs upon activation. As much as possible, cast it before engaging in a fight.
- Don’t be afraid to stand in front when this is available, as it allows you to recover HP the more you attack, and deal damage per second to nearby enemies.
- The attack speed increase is multiplied by the total attack speed, instead of adding it as extra attack speed. Make sure to invest in attack speed items.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Thamuz in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
Flicker is an excellent choice for the battle spell, giving you an additional mobility tool. Use it to pursue your target or get out of threatening situations.
If you need to tank damage for your team, opt for Vengeance. It reduces incoming damage while reflecting it back to enemies as magic damage.
If you’re playing as a jungler, Retribution works best. It allows you to slay creeps quickly and helps you secure or steal important objectives, such as the Lord or Turtle.
Fighter emblem is the most ideal for Thamuz. Max out Bravery for physical attack, and Persistence for additional HP.
Select Festival of Blood as your primary talent for the spell vamp, giving you extra sustain throughout the game.
If you’re assuming the role of a jungle, Jungle emblem is a viable option. Allocate points to Brutal for additional damage to monsters, and Swift for attack speed.
In the final tier, pick Seasoned Hunter to gain additional damage against the Lord and Turtle, while mitigating incoming damage from them.
To optimize Thamuz’s passive and ultimate abilities, invest in attack speed items, such as Corrosion Scythe, Golden Staff, and Demon Hunter Sword.
Considering your role as a frontline fighter expected to absorb enemy damage, it is crucial to equip yourself with suitable defensive items. Buy Dominance Ice, Antique Cuirass, or Blade Armor for physical defense, and Athena’s Shield or Radiant Armor for magic defense.
Should your team maintain a substantial lead during the game, you may opt to obtain Malefic Roar to boost your physical attack and penetration.
As the game progresses into the late stages, it is highly recommended to have an Immortality to increase your survivability.
The best build for Thamuz in Mobile Legends
- Tough Boots (equip Ice Retribution if you’re a jungler)
- Corrosion Scythe
- Golden Staff
- Dominance Ice
- Athena’s Shield
- Blade Armor
Easy combos to learn
In the laning stage, exert dominance over your enemy by using Molten Scythes and Chasm Trample to pressure them out of the lane. Remember to initiate with Molten Scythes before following up with Chasm Trample to unleash a powerful combo that maximizes your damage potential.
Once you reach level four, seize the opportunity to participate in team fights, especially during the first Turtle engagement, to give your team an advantage. Before diving into the clash, trigger Cauterant Inferno to amplify your sustain and damage.
When engaging in team fights, prioritize targeting the enemy mage or marksman. Use Chasm Trample or Flicker to swiftly narrow the distance against them, ensuring that you neutralize their threats.