The most unique marksman has entered the fray in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang. Beatrix was first hyped up in the new battle royale game mode, Survival: Nexus. Now, she’s officially taken her place in the Land of Dawn.
Based on Moonton’s characterization of her, she is rated low in durability, high in offense, and placed at maximum difficulty. If you enjoy putting hours into mastering a hero, Beatrix is the one for you.
She has four guns, which gives you not only four different ways to attack with your basic attack, you also get four unique ultimates!
Four guns – Renner, Benett, Wesker, Nibiru
Renner (green): Longshot — Fire a powerful shot in the enemy’s current direction, dealing 225 (+450% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to the first target hit. This shot can be dodged, or blocked by others.
Benett (red): Area Bombing — Beatrix focuses her range, and has Bennett rain down a bombardment in a set area 5 times. Each bombardment slows the target by 30% and deals 685 / 855 / 1025 (+240% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to all enemies in that area and slowing them by 30% for 0.5s
Wesker (yellow): Proximity Advantage — Fire 5 shots at the target, each one dealing 75 (+150% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage. Damage dealt to targets hit multiple times decays to 60%.
Nibiru (purple): Rapid Fire — Let loose a volley of 4 shots, each one dealing 26 (+52% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage.
- To easily remember her guns and what they do, recognize them by their color instead.
- Green is your longest range gun which fires in a line, red is your AoE bombing gun, yellow is your shotgun, and purple is your mini, high attack speed gun.
- All guns deals 60% damage to creeps.
- Guns with AoE damage are your best tools to push minion waves.
- Renner (green), has the longest range, so use it to poke down ranged enemies in lane. It also does a high amount of damage to minions, and can be used to clear them out as well.
- One of the coolest thing to note is that Renner (green) and Benett (red) outrange turrets, so use them against these structures!
Ultimate – Renner’s Apathy, Bennett’s Rage, Wesker’s Elation
Renner’s Apathy (green): Beatrix wields Renner calmly upon the battlefield, aiming at the enemy. When releasing the skill, she deals 700 / 950 / 1200 (+250% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to the first enemy hit.
Bennett’s Rage (red): Beatrix focuses her range, and has Bennett rain down a bombardment in a set area 5 times. Each bombardment slows the target by 30% and deals 685 / 855 / 1025 (+225% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to enemies hit. This damage decays to 10% when hitting the same target multiple times), lasting 1 second.
Wesker’s Elation (yellow): Beatrix raises Wesker and fires off ultra bullets that deal 295 / 370 / 445 (+110% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage each time they hit an enemy. The damage of successive hits on the same enemy decays by 25%, but falls no lower than 25% base damage.
Nibiru’s Passion (purple): Beatrix squeezes the trigger to greet oncoming enemies with a 6-shot volley from Nibiru, inflicting 225 / 270 / 315 (+85% Total Physical Attack) Physical Damage to each hit.
- All ultimate skills get 50% Physical Lifesteal, but are not affected by Spell Vamp.
- After using an ultimate, you can switch guns using your first skill, Masterful Gunner, to unlock a second ultimate immediately.
- As her ultimate skills are great to finish enemies off, use them at the end of combat once you’ve lowered your target’s health.
- Renner’s Apathy (green) requires a moment to calibrate, so you need to hold the button down and ensure the skill’s outlines align for a surefire, clean, and accurate shot.
- Use Renner’s Apathy to snipe enemies from a distance. Much like Lesley’s Ultimate Snipe, it can be blocked.
- Bennett’s Rage (red) is a large AoE circle that practically covers the entire lane. It has a slower animation compared to the rest of her ultimate skills however, and is best used in combination with your ally’s AoE crowd control spells. Heroes like Tigreal, Atlas, and most tanks provide great setups.
- Use Wesker’s Elation (yellow) to finish off enemies in close range. This is ultimate has the fastest cast time.
- Nibiru’s Passion (purple) is a mid range gun, and therefore gives you a mid range ultimate that lies in between Wesker’s Elation and Renner’s Apathy. It spreads out in an AoE cone, and does damage over time, and can be interrupted.
Passive – Mechanical Genius
Her extraordinary talent in the field of mechanics allows Beatrix to produce 4 weapons of truly awe-inspiring firepower.
- The most important thing to remember here is that Beatrix cannot crit, and converts every Critical Rate gained into 1 Physical Attack.
Special skill – Need Backup
If Beatrix is outside of combat for 3 seconds, she can call for her butler Morgan to provide her with a backup weapons crate. Beatrix must then choose two weapons from the crate to serve as her primary and secondary weapons.
Her weapon selection is interrupted if she performs any other action during this period. Beatrix’s first choice will become her primary weapon, while her second choice will become her secondary weapon.
Selecting only one weapon before this skill his cancelled will switch her primary weapon but keep the same secondary weapon she had before.
- Tap this special skill button near the bottom middle of your screen to change guns.
First skill – Masterful Gunner
Active: Beatrix takes 1 / 0.9 / 0.8 / 0.7 / 0.6 / 0.5 seconds to swap her primary weapon with the secondary weapon she has slung over her back, gaining an all-new way to attack and Ultimate.
Passive: Beatrix can carry 2 weapons at once.
- You can only carry two guns at a time, so pick them based on their range, function, stage of the game, and the heroes you’re up against.
Second skill – Tactical Reposition
Beatrix leaps forward and fully reloads her current weapon.
- This skill’s animation will change depending on the weapon she’s using, but the effect will be the same regardless of the weapon.
- Tactical Reposition can be blocked by the Grounded effect caused by Minsitthar.
- It is your only mobility skill in your kit, so use it wisely. Reposition forwards to finish off kills reloaded, or backwards in retreat.
Tips and tricks
Since Beatrix is a marksman with multiple guns, she doesn’t have any fixed combos, but some guns are more reliable than others.
At level one, Wesker’s Elation (yellow) does an incredible amount of burst damage. Putting a point into your second skill, Tactical Reposition, you can burst down the enemy hero with aggressive positioning and a reload, giving you a minimum of four shots.
Even though Beatrix can use Tactical Reposition to escape, taking Flicker as your Battle Spell is still the most reliable option, especially since you are mainly using her second skill for quick reloads.
Equipment wise, items that give flat Physical Attack works best with Beatrix who would not benefit from Critical Rate. Haa’s Claws is a core item that gives you Physical Attack damage and lifesteal. Some replace Haa’s Claws with Demon Hunter Sword as their core, paired with Endless Battle, which gives you sustained damage. Throw in Blade of Despair as well to round it off.
Like all marksmen, you’ll want to opt for defensive items like Immortality, Queen’s Wings, or Athena’s Shield from mid to late game so that you have more survivability.
READ MORE: The 3 best heroes to counter Guinevere