MLBB’s newest hero, Cecilion, is Carmilla’s lover. In their version of a modern romance story, Cecilion revived her from the dead and turned her into a Blood Demon so that she may live.
When played together, they gain a unique ability each called “Moonlit Waltz” that enhances their gameplay.
Nonetheless, Cecilion is capable of holding his own and is a strong hero that can be played solo. If you’re still new to this hero, here’s an overview to get you started.
Playing as Cecilion
Passive – Overflowing
Cecilion increases his max mana pool by 10 each time he hits an enemy target with a skill. Cecilion’s skill damage scales with his max mana.
- Start using Bat Impact from level one in order to maximize your damage for late game.
- This only works if you hit an enemy target, so make sure you target heroes.
- Aim for both minions and heroes to push the lane effectively.
Cecilion summons a giant bat to dive in a designated direction, dealing 110 / 140 / 170 / 200 / 230 / 260 (+80% Total Magic Power) (+5% Total Mana) Magic Damage to enemies on the path.
The giant bat will stay at its destination and launch another attack, dealing 220 / 280 / 340 / 400 / 460 / 520 (+160% Total Magic Power)(+10% Total Mana) Magic Damage to enemies and triggering Overflowing for 1 time.
After casting, Cecilion increases his Movement Speed by 30% for 1s. In 6s, every time Cecilion casts this skill, the mana cost will be increased by 1.8x time(s) (capped at 4 times).
- The splash at the end of Bat Impact deals twice as much damage so use this to poke enemies from a distance.
- Take advantage of the movement speed buff by repositioning after casting this skill; move up if you’re chasing enemies to secure an additional attack, or kite back if you’re being chased.
- You will run out of mana quickly by spamming this skill. Get your tank to help with an early blue buff that will tide you over to mid game.
Cecilion summons a pair of claws in a designated position that will run to each other, slowing down the enemies on the path.
After a short delay, the claws pull the enemies to the center, immobilizing them for 1s and dealing 200 / 220 / 240/ 260 / 280 / 300 (+45% Total Magic Power) (+1.2% Total Mana) Magic Damage.
- This spell has a large area of effect and a thick width. It occupies almost half the lane making it easy to land. It’s also very effective for catching out foes in the jungle.
Ultimate – Bats Feast
Cecilion awakens his Blood Demon power, increasing his Movement Speed by 60% (decaying rapidly over 1.5s) and gaining immunity to slow effects.
Meanwhile, he shoots 40 bolts of blood energy at the enemies nearby, each dealing 30 / 35 / 40 (+8% Total Magic Power) (+0.3% Total Mana) Magic Damage and slowing them by 3% (up to 30%) for 1s.
Hitting an enemy also heals him for 10 / 12.5 / 15 and 1% of his lost HP.
- Comboed with other abilities, Cecilion is the ultimate kiter. Keeping at max range ensures that you deal tons of damage while staying healthy.
- You can open up team fights by using Bats Feast first for the slow. The spell vamp also means you’re able to trade initial blows to your HP, and reposition after.
- Even if you make mistakes and miss your other spells, this is your get out of jail card. When you find yourself in a sticky situation, use Bats Feast’s large movement speed boost to run away.
Special Move – Moonlit Waltz
When Carmilla is nearby, Cecilion can call her to become a Vermil Shadow to possess him, providing 440-1000 points of shield (scales with Carmilla’s level).
Carmilla can then select a target place to land with the same shield, dealing 440-1000 Magic Damage (scales with her level) to enemies within the area and slowing them down by 60% for 1s.
- When Cecilion activates this ability, Carmilla will disappear from the map and he gains an immediate shield. If the healing from Bats Feast is not enough, use Moonlit Waltz’s shield for greater durability.
- Communication is a crucial part of any relationship. Even though you may need the extra protection, it’s important not to interrupt Carmilla out of her own combo especially if she has crowd control lined up, so talk to your partner!
- Moonlit Waltz is highly complementary because Carmilla’s kit involves her going up close and personal with enemy heroes. She is the front line, while Cecilion positions behind – and pulls her out when she gets into too much trouble.
- Carmilla’s ultimate slows targets by 90% for 5s (decays rapidly to 30% in 3s) which helps Cecilion land Bats Feast on even more targets.
Playing against Cecilion
The key thing to remember when playing against Cecilion is that Bat Impact and Sanguine Claws are cast at a fixed radius from him. He cannot change the orientation of the spells either so Sanguine Claws will always appear vertically.
He also naturally scales throughout the game so hit him early. While doing so, try to reposition outside of Bat Impact’s secondary blast to avoid double damage.
When it comes to CC, there is an animation time to Sanguine Claws before it catches you. Once used, it has a significant cooldown of 12.0 / 11.2 / 10.4 / 9.6 / 8.8 / 8.0 which is a window of opportunity to strike.
These limitations benefit assassins, who are his greatest threat. Within melee range, Bat Impact’s damage is reduced, and it is impossible to get hit by Sanguine Claws.
That leaves Bats Feast which Cecilion will use to try to escape. During this time, you can choose to disengage and reengage once his ultimate ends, or burst him before he sucks the life out of you.
READ MORE: MPL Indonesia Season 5 Week 1 highlights