Updated on October 25, 1:30 p.m. (GMT+8): Updated recommended emblem, and ddded relevant guides.
Contract: Soul Steal’s damage permanently increases with each stack gained from taking down enemy heroes, minions, jungle creeps, and other units.
|GET AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION WITH OUR COLLECTION OF MLBB GUIDES|
|Full list of Mobile Legends hero guides, counters, best build, and advanced combos|
|Full list of Mobile Legends guides: Role guides, how to rank up, terms|
Furthermore, his ultimate enables him to chase any enemy hero no matter where they are on the map.
In this comprehensive ONE Esports guide, we will provide you with valuable insights to become proficient in playing the Soul Contractor, ensuring you win your games in Mobile Legends.
Aldous’ skills in Mobile Legends
Passive – Contract: Transform
After every two attacks, Aldous gains a shield for three seconds on his next basic attack. This effect can only be triggered once every five seconds.
- The shield provided by Transform takes into account the number of Soul Steal stacks. A greater number of stacks results in a larger shield.
- This passive can also be activated by the enhanced basic attack from Soul Steal.
First skill – Contract: Soul Steal
Aldous unleashes his inner energy to enhance his next basic attack, dealing physical damage equal to his physical attack and five times the number of Soul Steal stacks.
If this attack kills an enemy hero/siege minion/other non-hero unit, Aldous will gain a particular number of stacks of Soul Steal (up to a limited amount of stacks).
The enhanced basic attack deals extra base damage to minions or creeps. He gets an extra stack of Soul Steal when a nearby enemy siege minion/other non-hero unit dies.
- In the early game, it’s important to avoid fights, and instead focus on accumulating Soul Steal stacks. To do this effectively, hide in the bush, and only come out when there is a minion about to die, allowing you to secure the last hit.
- Turn on the Advanced option in the Targeting Method under the control settings. This enables you to use the Attack Minion Button, ensuring your attack is directed toward a dying minion rather than the enemy hero in your lane.
- When it’s too risky to take last hits, it’s wiser to simply position yourself near a dying minion to still acquire stacks.
- Besides slaying an enemy hero, you will gain a huge amount of stacks by destroying a turret or killing the Lord or Turtle.
- To quickly gain stacks during the early game, farm in the mid lane for the first five minutes, since more minions spawn there compared to other lanes during that time.
- The duration of the enhanced basic attack from Soul Steal is almost the same as its cooldown duration. Therefore, with proper timing, you can unleash two enhanced basic attacks successively.
- Prioritize maxing out Soul Steal to increase its base damage, allowing you to effectively last hit minions.
Second skill – Contract: Explosion
Aldous assumes a defensive stance, gaining damage reduction and extra movement speed for a few seconds or until manual cancellation.
He then deals physical damage to nearby enemies and stuns them (stun duration scales with defensive stance duration).
- Explosion is Aldous’ primary mobility skill, which you can use to close the gap against your target or get out of sticky situations.
- Additionally, this skill also grants you damage reduction. So, remember to use it in team fights to mitigate the damage you receive from enemies.
- You can manually end the skill’s duration and trigger its effect by tapping on the skill button shortly after casting it. By doing so, you can quickly stun your target, impeding their escape. However, the stun duration will be brief.
Ultimate – Contract: Chase Fate
Aldous gains vision of all enemies for several seconds. During this time, if he uses this skill again, he can dash toward an enemy hero.
When he hits that enemy hero, he will deal physical damage and knock the target back.
- With Chase Fate, you can charge at your target wherever they are on the map, and cancel their Recall or Arrival.
- It’s highly essential to have map awareness for you to determine when to cast this ultimate against a certain target.
- In the early game, use this against enemies with low HP for a higher chance of eliminating them, allowing you to gain a huge amount of Soul Steal stacks.
- Once you’ve collected numerous stacks of Soul Steal, go for squishy targets in the other team, like the marksman, mage, or assassin. This allows you to easily eliminate them, thereby weakening the opposing team’s damage potential.
- While charging towards your target, you can cast Soul Steal, enabling you to release an enhanced basic attack upon landing, and immediately follow up with another amplified attack.
- You can use Chase Fate to reveal the location of the enemies when they are not visible on the map. This strategy proves useful when you are taking or contesting the Lord.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Aldous in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
Both Flicker and Sprint are great options if you are playing in the lane. They allow you to narrow the distance against your target, or run away from approaching enemies.
Alternatively, if you’re a jungler, Retribution is the most suitable choice. It enables you to swiftly clear jungle creeps, and secure the Lord and Turtle objectives to give your team a significant advantage.
As Aldous, the Assassin emblem works best. It provides substantial adaptive penetration and adaptive attack, allowing you to deal a decent amount of damage even if your Soul Steal stacks are low. Additionally, it grants extra movement speed.
Take Agility in the first tier to acquire additional movement speed, and Tenacity in the second tier to gain extra physical and magic defense when your HP falls below half.
|READ MORE ALDOUS GUIDES HERE|
|The 3 best heroes to counter Aldous in Mobile Legends|
In terms of your core talent, consider selecting Quantum Charge. It periodically boosts your movement speed, and restores your HP when you deal damage with basic attacks.
Conversely, Killing Spree is a viable alternative. This grants you extra movement speed and HP restoration upon taking down an enemy hero.
Aldous best build
Since Aldous already has massive damage potential thanks to Soul Steal, it’s highly recommended to focus on fortifying your defense to ensure that you continuously wreak havoc in team fights.
However, you may want to invest in Blade of the Heptaseas as your first core item to acquire physical attack and penetration, so you can inflict considerable damage in early clashes.
Follow up with Brute Force Breastplate for a mix of physical and magic defense, as well as additional movement speed.
Complete your build with Immortality, which resurrects you upon activation, enabling you to retaliate or escape.
The best build for Aldous in Mobile Legends
- Tough Boots (Ice Retribution if you’re a jungler)
- Blade of the Heptaseas
- Brute Force Breastplate
- Athena’s Shield
- Antique Cuirass
Easy combos to learn
It’s advisable to focus on gathering Soul Steal stacks and avoiding fights in the early game. However, if you can trade hits with your opponent, cast Explosion to close in and stun them, followed by a Soul Steal-enhanced attack.
Once you’ve acquired Chase Fate, start using it against enemies with low HP. While dashing toward your target, activate Soul Steal, so it goes off cooldown upon landing, allowing you to unleash two consecutive amplified basic attacks.
When you’ve collected enough Soul Steal stacks, aim at squishy enemy heroes with Chase Fate, and execute the same combo to eliminate them.
Remember to use Explosion as well as your battle spell in chasing down opponents.