Updated on November 3, 1 p.m. (GMT+8): Added relevant guides.
|GET AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION WITH OUR COLLECTION OF MLBB GUIDES|
|Full list of Mobile Legends hero guides, counters, best build, and advanced combos|
|Full list of Mobile Legends guides: Role guides, how to rank up, terms|
Equipped with only his fists and rings around his forearms that act as weapons, the Martial Genius possesses the unique ability to switch between his original form to Lieh, an evil deity hellbent on destroying the world.
Learn more about Yin, in this guide, including recommended emblems, battle spells, and best builds for the hero.
Yin’s skills in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
Passive – Leave It To Me
Yin deals increased damage when there are no allied heroes within 4 yards.
- His passive makes it a lot easier to invade the enemy jungle in the first five minutes of the game, as the increased attack damage allows you to steal important buffs or get an easy kill on the enemy jungler.
- Use this to your advantage and harass the enemy if you are in the EXP lane or gold lane. As a jungler, it’s your duty to gank the enemy jungler or out farm him before he hits level 4.
- Leave It To Me is also active when his ultimate, My Turn, is activated.
First skill – Charged Punch/Frenzy Strike
Yin gains movement speed for 2 seconds.
Use Again: Yin throws a charged punch forward, dealing physical damage.
Lieh: Smashes an area ahead, each smash deals physical damage to enemies hit and slowing them. Enemies hit multiple times will be slowed for each extra hit they take. The smashing speed will gradually increase over the duration.
- Charged Punch is a good skill for last hitting enemy creeps in the laning phase. Always use the extra damage to your advantage and spam the skill to your heart’s content.
- Charged Punch also hits units behind your intended target.
- Successfully hitting Charged Punch reduces the skills cooldown.
- Frenzy Strike automatically locks onto enemies until the smashing speeds reaches maximum speed. You can cancel the skill in the latter half by moving or using another skill.
- Frenzy Strikes renders Lieh immune to crowd control effects.
Second skill – Instant Blast
Yin dashes foward leaving a Golden Ring behind while dealing physical damage to enemies along the way.
After a short delay, the Golden Ring will catch up with Yin, dealing physical damage to enemies it passes through and stunning them.
Lieh: Strikes a flying kick forward, leaving a Golden Ring behind while dealing physical damage to enemies along the way. After a short delay, the Golden Ring will catch up with Lieh, dealing physical damage to enemies it passes through and stunning them.
- Yin and Lieh gain extra damage reduction if Instant Blast hits an enemy unit.
- Instant Blast can stun multiple enemies if they are close to one another.
- Instant Blast can also act as an escape tool in case an enemy jungler goes all-in on you.
- You can dash through walls with Instant Blast.
Ultimate – My Turn
Yin pulls a designated enemy hero into his domain with him and turns into Lieh.
- Once Yin transforms into Lieh inside the domain, he gains an extra physical defense and magic defense once he activates his ultimate.
- The domain will end early if any of the two inside is killed. Don’t make the mistake of casting this skill on someone who has a higher level of damage output than you.
- Lieh will restore health if he kills his target inside the domain.
- Upon leaving the domain and killing the target, he’ll continue to fight as Lieh for eight seconds.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Yin in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
To maximize his passive’s increased damage when he is alone, Retribution is the best battle spell as you’ll have a much faster time clearing jungle creeps compared to laning with someone in the gold lane or mid lane.
If your team already has a jungler, don’t take Retribution when laning, and instead use Execution. This spell can help you secure kills, and is best used during My Turn’s duration.
The EXP lane is the second best option for Yin since he doesn’t have any long-range skills that can counter any marksman heroes in the gold lane.
Recommended emblem and talent set
The assassin emblem is the optimal choice for Yin, as it provides several advantages that help him secure kills during the early to mid game.
The additional adaptive attack and penetration offered by the emblem significantly enhance his ability to eliminate enemies. Moreover, the increased movement speed is beneficial as it enables Yin to easily catch mobile enemy heroes.
In terms of talents, opting for Thrill will grant Yin additional adaptive attack damage, while Master Assassin will increase the damage he deals to isolated enemy heroes.
These talents complement his ultimate ability, My Turn, which transports both Yin and an enemy hero to a different realm.
For his primary talent, it is recommended to choose Quantum Charge as it enhances Yin’s offensive capabilities by increasing his HP regeneration and movement speed with each basic attack.
Best build for Yin in Mobile Legends
As a fighter hero, building him offensively is the best way to go. Based on what the pros build, prioritizing physical damage and cooldown reduction is a must in the early to mid game.
War Axe and Hunter Strike are his core items, followed by either Blade of the Heptaseas or Blade of Despair.
After building your go-to offensive items, you can either buy defensive items if the game is close, or go for more offensive items if your team is ahead. A glass cannon build is far greater compared to building him hybrid.
Easy combos to learn
A good combo in a 1v1 situation would be to get close with Charged Punch and Instant Blast. Once the target is stunned, immediately use My Turn, Lieh’s Instant Blast, then Frenzy Strike for the finishing blow.
This combo does the job most of the time, provided you perfectly land the stun on Instant Blast.
Always prioritize enemy carries, such as their marksman or jungler, as it’s easier to burst them down compared to using your ultimate on the enemy tank or fighter.
Since Yin doesn’t use any mana when casting abilities, feel free to last-hit enemy creeps and harass enemy heroes with Charged Punch. If the enemy fights back or if the enemy jungler is in your tail, use Charged Punch again for the movement speed boost and Instant Blast if the enemy flickers or use a mobility skill towards you.