If you want to play a versatile hero in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang, Bane is an excellent choice.
Classified as a fighter/mage, he possesses a unique skill set that allows him to deliver both devastating physical and magical damage.
The Frozen King also has the ability to restore his health and boost his movement speed, granting him sustainability and mobility during intense encounters.
Furthermore, he possesses an ultimate with massive damage and crowd control.
Bane’s skills in Mobile Legends
Passive – Shark Bite
Bane infuses his weapon with a stack of Tidal Energy each time he uses a skill (up to two stacks). Each of his subsequent basic attacks consumes a stack to deal physical damage equal to his physical attack plus a percentage of the target’s max HP to nearby enemies.
- Always use Shark Bite whenever it’s available to maximize its stacks, as he has low-cooldown spells.
- A stack lasts for several seconds or until consumed by the next basic attack. Its duration refreshes when you cast a skill.
- This is considered as a basic attack, therefore, it can deal critical damage, and trigger attack effects.
First skill – Craw Claw Cannon
Bane fires his Crab Claw Cannon in the target direction, dealing physical damage to the first enemy hit, and then more damage to a random enemy behind them (prioritizes enemy heroes). Enemies hit are slowed based on magic power for a second.
Every hundred physical attack he possesses reduces this skill’s cooldown.
- When using Crab Claw Cannon, target a minion or creep near your opponent, rather than aiming directly at them. By doing so, they will be hit by the bouncing projectile, which inflicts more damage.
- If you’re going for a physical damage build, max out this skill first.
- This provides one stack of Shark Bite.
Second skill – Ale
Bane chugs his ale, recovering an amount of his lost HP and gaining extra movement speed that decays over a few seconds.
Use again: He spits venom in the target direction, dealing magic damage (scales with charging time) to enemies in a fan-shaped area.
Every hundred magic power he possesses reduces this skill’s cooldown.
- The longer you charge Ale, the higher the damage it inflicts. As much as possible, wait until the charging meter turns red before using it again.
- If you’re opting for a magic damage build, prioritize upgrading this skill first.
- This gives two stacks of Shark Bite – when he chugs and spits out the ale. To maximize the passive, consume the stack from Crab Claw Cannon before using the second part of Ale.
Ultimate – Deadly Catch
Bane summons a school of sharks to charge in the target direction, dealing magic damage to enemies hit, knocking them airborne, and slowing them (decays over a few seconds).
This skill deals a percentage of its damage to turrets.
- Deadly Catch has a huge area of effect, but its projectile is very slow. As such, you need to get as close as possible to the enemies to ensure that you hit them with the ultimate.
- Use Flicker to instantly close the gap against your target and hit them with this skill.
- If you’re a jungler, equip Ice Retribution to substantially slow down your target before unleashing Deadly Catch.
- You can also use this to swiftly take down turrets.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Bane in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
If you’re playing Bane as a mid or side laner, Flicker is the most ideal battle spell. It allows you to quickly narrow the distance against enemies, and catch them off-guard with the Deadly Catch.
If you’re a jungler, Retribution is the obvious choice. It complements the Shark Bite passive, enabling you to rapidly clear jungle creeps. Additionally, it helps you secure some of the most important objectives in the game, like the Lord and Turtle.
When it comes to the emblem for Bane, you have various options based on your playstyle.
If you’re a laner building physical items, go for Assassin emblem. Max out Agility for additional movement speed, and Invasion for physical penetration. Select Killing Spree as your key talent for HP restoration and extra movement speed whenever you slay an enemy.
If you’re a jungler who wants to be effective in farming, pick Jungle emblem. Put points in Brutal for additional damage to creeps, and Swift for attack speed. Choose Seasoned Hunter as your primary talent for extra damage to Lord and Turtle, while taking reduced damage from them.
For a magic build route, take Mage emblem. Distribute points to Agility for movement speed, and Observation for magic penetration. In the final tier, select Bargain Hunter to reduce the cost of items, allowing you to acquire your core equipment faster.
Hunter Strike and War Axe are core items for Bane if you’re going for a physical attack build.
Follow up with Malefic Roar, Blade of Despair, or Endless Battle to further boost your damage.
If you’re a jungler, consider having Bruteforce Breastplate, as its unique effects can easily be triggered by Bane’s skills. It grants a mix of physical and magic defense, as well as extra movement speed.
Purchase Immortality to increase your survivability, especially in the late game.
The best build for Bane in Mobile Legends
- Tough Boots (select Ice Retribution if you’re a jungler)
- Hunter Strike
- War Axe
- Bruteforce Breastplate
- Malefic Roar
If you choose to have a magic build instead, rush Clock of Destiny after buying common Boots, so it will reach its max stack as early as possible. Then, upgrade to Magic Shoes and buy Lightning Truncheon.
Complete your build with more magic items, such as Divine Glaive, Holy Crystal, and Blood Wings. With this build, you can easily burst down your target using Deadly Catch and Ale.
Magic build for Bane in Mobile Legends
- Magic Shoes
- Clock of Destiny
- Lightning Truncheon
- Divine Glaive
- Holy Crystal
- Blood Wings
Easy combos to learn
In the early game, use Ale to close in on your opponent, then hit them with Crab Claw Cannon and Shark Bite-enhanced basic attacks to deal significant amounts of damage.
Once you reach level four, start your assault with Ale to narrow the gap against the enemies, then unleash Deadly Catch to inflict massive damage while knocking them airborne. Use Crab Claw Cannon for additional damage.
Remember to use your enhanced basic attacks in between your skills to maximize the passive.
If you have Flicker, you can use it to quickly close in on your target. Cast Ale first to extra gain movement speed while charging it up, then use Flicker and release Deadly Catch.
Finish off your opponent with Ale, Crab Claw Cannon, and amplified basic attacks.
Follow ONE Esports on Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok for MLBB esports news, guides, and updates.
READ MORE: Mobile Legends Thamuz guide: Best build, skills, emblem, combos