Updated on September 5, 6:03 p.m. (GMT+8): Added more related guides.
Moreover, he is all about positioning, timing, and split decision making. To truly maximize his damage output, mastery will come into play.
A great Brody player will be seen navigating a fight by using the various sources of movement speed and spells with constant repositioning in relation to enemies.
Brody’s skills in Mobile Legends
Passive – Abyss Corrosion
Brody is able to move while winding up his basic attacks (which will be interrupted when casting skills), at the cost of having longer basic attack animation and lower attack speed bonus.
Each basic attack deals physical damage (damage scaling with level cannot be critical), increases movement speed (which will decay rapidly), and inflicts one stack of Abyss Mark on the enemy, capped at four stacks.
Each stack of Abyss Mark increases his damage against the target and his movement speed.
- The first thing you’ll notice when you first play Brody is how unusually slow his auto attacks are. They take time to wind up, and you’ll definitely need time to get used to the animation timing, especially when it comes to last hitting minions.
- Similar to Irithel, Brody can reposition during the wind-up animation of his basic attack.
- On top of that, landing a basic attack grants him additional movement speed, which allows you to reposition further.
- As Abyss Mark increases his damage to a target, you should strive to focus on marked targets, like how Karrie would.
- If you use a skill during the auto-attack wind up, you’ll cancel it.
First skill – Abyss Impact
Brody launches a shock wave in the designated direction, dealing physical damage, slowing the enemies, and applying one stack of Abyss Mark.
As the shock wave travels, for each enemy it hits, it deals extra damage, inflicts extra slowing effect, and applies an additional stack of Abyss Mark. This skill deals less damage to minions.
- This is a linear spell which does more damage the more targets it hits.
- To do maximum damage to a target in lane, cast Abyss Impact as a minion wave arrives, while catching the enemy hero on the outer edge of your skill. This would also help you clear minion waves faster.
- Abyss Impact’s slow, combined with the bonus movement speed of Brody’s passive, gives you immense kiting ability.
- This is your bread and butter skill, so after your ultimate, max out Abyss Impact.
Second skill – Corrosive Strike
Brody dashes to an enemy, dealing physical damage to the target, stunning them, and inflicting one stack of Abyss Mark on them.
Upon hitting the target, he is able to move one more time in the movement direction, gaining extra movement speed that will decay rapidly.
- There are two parts to Corrosive Strike. Firstly, when you cast it on an enemy in range, Brody will dash into the enemy’s face. Yes, into their melee range.
- Once it stuns them, he will move in the direction of your movement wheel. This mechanic means that you have the ability to reposition unpredictably in a fight and catch enemies off guard.
- The timing of when, on which target, and where you choose to position will separate a great Brody player from a good one.
- It is a single target spell, so even though you may want to stun a target, other opponents can get the better of you in a team fight as you’ll be putting yourself in close quarters.
Ultimate – Torn-Apart Memory
Brody locks on all the targets within 8 yards, dealing physical damage to them. If the target has an Abyss Mark, all Abyss Marks will be reset, dealing physical damage equal to a base damage plus a percentage of physical attack and target’s lost HP for each stack the target has.
- His ultimate stacks upon Abyss Marks, and you should always use it as a finisher unless the enemies are one hit from dying.
- You can move during the animation of Torn-Apart Memory as it is not a channel.
- Torn-Apart Memory’s range is outlined in a blue circle around you. The moment a target is locked on after you auto-attack or land your other skills on them, even if they walk out of range, they will still get hit.
- Everything within the ultimate’s blue circle and locked targets will be afflicted — minions, monsters, and enemy heroes alike.
- It has a short cooldown, so don’t be afraid to be decisive!
A comprehensive guide on how to play Brody in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
Like all marksmen, Brody is vulnerable to assassins, mages, and hard crowd control, so general rules still apply.
Flicker is a great battle spell for you to get away from enemies looking to lock on you. You can also use it to chase down dying opponents.
If you’re up against a dominant hero in the lane, you can opt for the Aegis battle spell. This also provides you insurance to stay longer in fights.
Rupture is a great standard emblem talent to take due to the adaptive penetration bonus. This is especially useful in the laning stage because you’ll have poke damage advantage against most marksmen.
|GET AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION WITH OUR COLLECTION OF MLBB GUIDES|
|Full list of Mobile Legends hero guides, counters, best build, and advanced combos|
|Full list of Mobile Legends guides: Role guides, how to rank up, terms|
Weapon Master as your tier two talent can help you elevate your mid-game power spike. The bonus percentage attack power from items can significantly impact your ability to take down enemy heroes and open opportunities for bigger objectives.
Finally, take Killing Spree for big boosts after securing a kill. This HP regeneration helps sustain you and the movement speed bonus sets you up for more kills and the ability to chase.
Best item build
Equipment-wise, instead of attack speed, you choose to build physical attack items. After buying Boots, purchase Blade of the Heptseas, Blade of Despair, and Malefic Roar.
Due to his playstyle weaving in and out of fights, Brody will highly benefit from a defensive item. If you’ve snowballed the game, you can consider getting it earlier as a third or fourth item to prevent being burst down.
|The 3 best heroes to counter Brody in Mobile Legends|
|Shine bright on Brody by buying these 3 best items|
Depending on your opponent’s lineup, choose between Immortality or Athena’s Shield. You can also consider getting Wind of Nature if you’re up against enemies with physical burst damage.
The best build for Brody in Mobile Legends
- Warrior/Tough Boots
- Blade of the Heptaseas
- Blade of Despair
- Malefic Roar
- Wind of Nature
Easy combos to learn
As a marksman, there’s no one size fits all combo for Brody.
The key thing will be to layer your basic attacks in between spell casts in order to stack Abyss Marks, then finish off with Torn-Apart Memory.
In the laning stage, you can wait for your opponent from the bush, then launch a surprise attack by slowing them down with Abyss Impact and stunning them with Corrosive Strike.
To easily clear minion waves in the mid to late game, you can use Abyss Impact, and follow it up with Torn-Apart Memory.
Follow ONE Esports on Facebook for more Mobile Legends: Bang Bang guides, news and updates.