Updated on September 11, 1:30 p.m. (GMT+8): Updated recommended emblem.
Khaleed, the Desert Scimitar, is a Mobile Legends: Bang Bang fighter hero who commands the sands.
His most unique trait as a fighter is that his skills deal AoE damage. Combined with his passive and repositioning abilities with Desert Tornado, he can be very sticky.
|GET AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION WITH OUR COLLECTION OF MLBB GUIDES|
|Full list of Mobile Legends hero guides, counters, best build, and advanced combos|
|Full list of Mobile Legends guides: Role guides, how to rank up, terms|
To help you dominate the game using Khaleed, here’s an in-depth ONE Esports guide that includes recommended battle spell, emblem, best build, and combos.
Khaleed’s skills in Mobile Legends
Passive – Sand Walk
Khaleed accumulates Desert Power while moving. After Desert Power is fully charged, he will slide on sand, increasing movement speed, enhancing his next basic attack (cannot critically strike), and reducing the target’s movement speed for a few seconds.
- When Sand Walk is available, it will automatically cause Khaleed to dash towards your targeted hero or nearest enemy unit.
- His passive’s enhanced basic attack damage, its dash, and slow trail is crucial to your entire combo, so always weave it in.
- Aim well so that the sand wave trail hits multiple enemies. It is a great tool for opening an engage and slowing down multiple enemies due to its linear AoE slow. It also helps you gap close as it gives Khaleed extra movement speed.
- When running away, the added movement speed helps Khaleed to disengage.
First skill – Desert Tornado
Khaleed whirls his scimitar, dealing physical damage to nearby enemies and pulling them toward him. Upon hitting an enemy, he can leap in the movement direction and cast this skill again, up to three times. Each time he casts the skill, the damage is increased.
This skill deals half damage to minions and creeps.
- Desert Tornado deals damage in an AoE circle around Khaleed, similar to Yu Zhong’s first skill, Dragon Tail. It is Khaleed’s bread and butter.
- It’s important to land Desert Tornado onto an enemy hero, or your entire combo will lose its effectiveness.
- When an enemy is hit by Desert Tornado, you can reposition Khaleed after each cast. Your split-second choice of where to reposition after each cast will make or break your combo. When you reposition, remember to weave an auto attack in between.
- While you can choose not to reposition by not moving your movement wheel, you’ll definitely need to during fights.
- Use Sand Walk and Desert Tornado in lane for faster wave clear.
Second skill – Quicksand Guard
Khaleed protects himself with the power of the quicksand, restoring his lost HP and Desert Power, and reducing damage taken for up to several seconds.
While channeling, quicksand appears under his feet, slowing enemies. This skill is a Focused Cast. Any other controls will interrupt this skill.
- Quicksand Guard locks Khaleed in place, and enemy heroes can use crowd control to knock him out of it which stops the HP regeneration, so beware!
- The timing on when (and where) to use this skill separates great Khaleed players from good Khaleed players. Knowing how much damage you can absorb based on the amount of health regenerated is a decisive factor that could turn team fights around. Not to mention, the added Desert Power that can lead to another enhanced auto attack combo.
- Due to the defensive nature of this skill, it is very situational and not always required in every combo.
- Instead of recalling, you can use Quicksand Guard to regenerate HP in the laning phase.
Ultimate – Raging Sandstorm
Khaleed rides the sandstorm and charges toward a designated location, dealing physical damage to enemies along the way and knocking them toward his destination. He is immune to control effects during this process.
Upon reaching the destination, he will smash the ground, dealing physical damage to enemies in the area, stunning them, and fully charging his Desert Power.
- His ultimate is obvious, flashy, and telegraphed with a decent range. This means that enemies do have time to react, especially those furthest away in the backline.
- You’ll need to be a good judge of the range and timing of Raging Sandstorm’s animation wind up so that you can land the stun onto multiple enemies at the end of it.
- It goes over walls, so casting Raging Sandstorm in the jungle will give you a better chance of catching out targets from multiple angles in tight spaces.
- Raging Sandstorm is a great engage tool. Khaleed is all about the AoE, so combo his ultimate with Desert Tornado for maximum burst damage onto multiple enemies.
- When there are tanks in your team with great engage spells, you can also look to work with them for a massive wombo combo that chains crowd control.
- If you ever find yourself in a tight spot, Raging Sandstorm can also be used to escape.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Khaleed in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
Flicker can give you advantage in many situations. It serves as a tool to initiate a fight, chase down an opponent, or retreat from danger. Additionally, you can use it to reposition while using Quicksand Guard.
|LEVEL UP WITH OUR GUIDES|
|The 3 potions in Mobile Legends and when you should buy them|
|Mobile Legends Lesley guide: Best build, skills, emblem, combos|
Alternatively, you can choose Execute if you want extra damage to finish off enemies with low health.
We recommend using the Assassin emblem for Khaleed. It provides substantial amounts of adaptive penetration, adaptive attack, and movement speed, allowing you to dominate your opponent in the lane.
However, if you have an unfavorable lane matchup, select the Fighter emblem instead, as it grants spell vamp, adaptive attack, and hybrid defense to enhance your sustainability.
|RANK UP WITH THESE HEROES|
|The 3 best heroes to counter Saber in Mobile Legends|
|5 jungle marksman heroes that are still viable in the current MLBB meta|
Take Rupture in the first tier for additional adaptive penetration, and Festival of Blood in the second tier for spell vamp.
In the final tier, choose Brave Smite, which periodically restores a percentage of your max health when dealing damage using a skill.
Khaleed best build
Equipment wise, Magic Shoes with the extra CD reduction is beneficial to Khaleed’s playstyle, which relies heavily on chaining Desert Tornado. If you need to adapt a more defensive stance in-game, Warrior Boots will be helpful.
Bloodlust Axe is essential on him, since he benefits from all three stats: physical attack, CD reduction and spell vamp, which is amplified through Festival of Blood.
|TAKE YOUR MLBB GAME TO THE NEXT LEVEL|
|The 4 roaming blessings in Mobile Legends and the best heroes to equip them|
|Mobile Legends best settings for performance|
Everything else in between depends on the player and circumstances in-game. Blade of Heptaseas, Malefic Roar, and Blade of Despair are all valid options to boost physical attack.
For defensive items, Oracle is a great choice. It enhances HP regen on top of its decent magic defense stats.
The best build for Khaleed in Mobile Legends
- Warrior Boots
- Bloodlust Axe
- Blade of Despair
- Dominance Ice
Easy combos to learn
In the early game, you can use Desert Tornado to pressure your opponent out of the lane. To keep the upper hand in trades, cast Quicksand Guard on a safe location to replenish your HP.
As soon as you hit level four, you can initiate your offense by using Raging Sandstorm to close the gap between you and your enemy.
Upon landing, follow up with an enhanced basic attack from Sand Walk, and then deal damage with Desert Tornado. Take them down with another enhanced auto attack.
If you have Execute, use it to finish off your target if they manage to survive your combo.