Chongyun stands out as one of the most valuable 4-star characters in Genshin Impact. His immense value is evident in his inclusion in two popular team compositions: one tailored for free-to-play players and another dedicated to Kamisato Ayato mains.
Chongyun’s versatility makes him an excellent addition to any party, capable of fulfilling the roles of DPS, sub-DPS, or support, depending on the weapons and artifacts bestowed upon him. Notably, his elemental burst, Spirit Blade: Cloud-Parting Star, unleashes a devastating Cryo damage AoE, wreaking havoc upon enemies.
If you’re eager to harness the powers of Liyue’s esteemed exorcist and maximize his potential, here’s a comprehensive guide on the essential materials required to elevate Chongyun’s abilities.
Locations and routes of Chongyun materials for Character Ascension
- Location of boss is east of Mondstadt
- 1 Shivada Jade Sliver
- 9 Shivada Jade Fragments
- 9 Shivada Jade Chunks
- 6 Shivada Jade Gemstones
- 46 Hoarfrost Cores
- Alternate sources of Shivada Jade: Cryo Hypostasis
- Cor Lapis is exclusively found in the region of Liyue
- 168 Cor Lapis
Here are two sample farming routes for Cor Lapis:
- Hilichurl masks are found in all regions
- 18 Damaged Masks
- 30 Stained Masks
- 36 Ominous Masks
Here are three sample farming routes for Hilichurl Masks:
Locations and routes of Chongyun materials for Talent Ascension
Confront Stormterror (Dvalin domain)
- Location of boss is in Stormterror Lair in Mondstadt
- 6 Dvalin’s Sigh
- A rarer type of Chongyun materials, only appears once as a Trounce Domain
- To unlock this domain, you must complete Archon Quest Prologue: Act III quest “Calm Before the Storm”
Taishan Mansion domain on Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday
- Location is in the middle of Jueyun Karst in Liyue
- 3 Teachings of Diligence
- 21 Guides to Diligence
- 38 Philosophies of Diligence
- 6 Damaged Masks
- 22 Stained Masks
- 31 Ominous Masks
Crown of Insight
- 3 Crowns of Insight
- Obtainable by upgrading the Frostbearing Tree to Level 11, upgrading the Sacred Sakura’s Favor to at least Level 15, upgrading the Sumeru Tree of Dreams to at least Level 5, and playing Genshin Impact’s various limited-time events
Here’s a guide on how to Triple Crown a character in Genshin Impact.
Discuss stories like these with us — join the ONE Esports Discord community.