After the introduction of game-changing items in patch 2.4 that made crit AD carries and bruisers more viable, League of Legends: Wild Rift patch 2.4a is here to balance and reel in some of that power.
Jax and Master Yi however, are on the other side of the spectrum. According to Riot Games, Master YI required buffs to empower his early skirmishes and scale (harder) into the late game.
Meanwhile, buffs to Jax are meant to make him a better Baron laner in a meta that’s dominated by Fiora, Renekton, and Camille.
Master Yi received massive buffs on Wild Rift patch 2.4a
- Armor per level increased from 3.5 to 3.9
(1) Alpha Strike
- Bonus damage to monsters increased from 75/110/145/180 to 90/125/160/195
(3) Wuju Style
- Bonus true damage increased from 18/30/42/54 to 25/40/55/70
- Cooldown decreased from 85/75/65s to 75/60/45s
- Movement speed increased from 25%/35%/45% to 35%/45%/55%
Traditionally on League of Legends PC, Master Yi is a champion that’s used to climb low ELO ranks. Sure he isn’t the best ganker in town, but even if his laners feed, Master Yi grows stronger as he farms up and counters his opponents’ jungle.
Alpha Strike, with its low cooldown, effectively makes him an assassin. He’s the best at cleaning up botched team fights and hard carrying in the late game, and this same story plays out in Wild Rift.
Master Yi’s bonus damage to monsters on Alpha Strike went up by 25 at all ranks, increasing the speed of his clear. More armor per level also means he’ll be healthier in the jungle.
Most significantly, the true damage on Wuju Style increased by 16 at max level, while the bonus movement speed from Highlander increased by 10% at all ranks, making him three times better a champion than he was before.
Since Fizz jungle got hit hard this same Wild Rift patch 2.4a, it’s time to pack it up and jump on the Master Yi train, especially if you want to blaze through the chaos at lower ranks.
- Wild Rift Spark Invitational 2021: Schedule, format, teams, where to watch
- Select ‘Target Lock Filtering’ now, the best new feature in Wild Rift patch 2.4
Jax takes better trades on Wild Rift patch 2.4a due to Relentless Assault buff
- Base bonus attack speed decreased from 20% to 10%
(P) Relentless Assault
- Jax now gains 2 stacks of Relentless Assault when attacking enemy champions or minions
- Max Relentless Assault stacks increased from 8 to 10
- Bonus attack speed per Relentless Assault stack decreased from 3.6/4.2/4.8/5.4/6/6.6/7.2/7.8/8.4/9/9.6/10.2/10.8/11.4/12 to 3/3.6/4.2/4.8/5.4/6/6.6/7.2/7.8/8.4/9/9.6/10.2/10.8/11.4
(3) Counter Strike
- (New) Jax now takes 25% reduced damage from champions during his defensive stance
You might need to whip out your calculator for this one. Jax’s base bonus attack speed went down by 10%, and so did the bonus attack speed per Relentless Assault stack.
However, instead of one stack, Jax now gains two stacks of Relentless Assault when attacking, and his max stacks increased from eight to 10. This means that Jax is not only stacking at twice the speed, you’re also getting two additional stacks on top of that.
“I actually think Jax might end up being an absolute nightmare in the Baron lane,” said Wild Rift shoutcaster and content creator Ceirnan “Excoundrel” Lowe in his patch breakdown video. “Especially because of how quickly he can potentially take down turrets.”
What’s more, when Counter Strike is active, he’s going to be tankier due to the reduced 25% incoming damage. Watch out, Baron laners!
Visit Riot Games’ official Wild Rift page for more updates.
READ MORE: Wild Rift patch 2.4a: Full notes and updates