He is the first hero in the Land of Dawn to have a global ultimate skill called Dawning Light. Most of his skills deal damage from afar, making him a solid pick if you want to channel your inner sniper.
Learn more about the long-range mage hero in this Mobile Legends: Bang Bang beginner’s guide.
Xavier’s skills in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
Passive – Transcendence
Xavier enhances his subsequent skills each time his skill hits an enemy hero. Stage I: Skill damage increased to 120%. Stage II: Skill damage increased to 125%. Stage III: Skill damage is increased to 130%, The state lasts 5 seconds
- He can extend the duration of his passive by hitting enemies with his skills
- This passive makes the Defier of Light one of the best pokers in the midlane. Use this to your advantage, and try to deal as much damage as possible before level four.
- The width of all skills greatly increase in Stage II.
- The cooldown of all skills will be reduced by 4 seconds in Stage III (12 seconds for Dawning Light).
- All his skills will have a violet hue upon reaching Stage III.
Skill 1 – Infinite Extension
Xavier fires a Mystic Bullet that deals magic damage to enemies it passes through.
- The Bullet’s flying distance increases each time it hits an enemy or the Mystic Barrier.
- Infinite Extension can hit multiple heroes without a damage penalty, making it the perfect burst skill in crowded team fights.
- The skill can also pass through any obstacles in the map, and even deal damage to enemies outside your field of vision.
- This skill deals more damage and can stun multiple enemies when hitting a Mystic Field.
- Minions and jungle creeps can also increase the distance of this skill.
Skill 2 – Mystic Field
Xavier conjures a Mystic Barrier that lasts 5 seconds. Enemies that come into contact with the Barrier will take 100–150 damage and be slowed by 50%, while allies will gain extra Movement Speed that decays over 1.2 seconds.
- When hit by his other skills, the barrier will expand into a forbidden field for 3 seconds, dealing magic damage to enemies within and immobilizing them for 1.5 seconds.
- Although unreliable, this skill is also good for escaping team fights and helping your team mates get out of sticky situations.
- Mystic Field is best used in tight spots where the enemy has no other option but to pass through the barrier. This skill is perfect when helping out the ally jungler during a jungle invade.
- Mystic Field can affect multiple enemies and allies.
Ultimate – Dawning Light
Xavier unleashes a beam of Mystic magic that deals magic damage to all enemies in a line on the map.
- Xavier will immediately enter Stage III of Transcendence upon using Dawning Light.
- This skill can affect multiple enemies.
- This is the first ever global attack in the game. Those who already have experience playing Moskov, Layla, or any hero with a long-range ultimate would be more familiar on how to best use this ability.
- Dawning Light also stuns enemies caught in his Mystic Field.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Xavier in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
Flameshot fits Xavier perfectly, for it gives him another long range damaging skill that can be used with his other skills. The battle spell also pushes back enemies who are inches away from you, giving you time to fight back, or escape a losing team fight.
Flicker is also a great alternative if the enemy team has a lot of gap closers. It’s also the safer option if you are just starting out with the hero in ranked games.
Recommended emblem set
As a pure mage hero, both Magic Worship and Impure Rage work perfectly for the Defier of Light. Magic Worship is the more aggressive option if you are the main damage dealer on your team, while Impure Rage is better if the enemy team has a ton of defensive heroes.
Impure Rage also restores mana with each skill, which will give you an edge during the laning phase.
Mystery Shop is also a good choice if you want to get ahead early in the game. It’s a lot risker, but it’s very convenient if you secure a few kills in the early game.
Best build for Xavier in Mobile Legends
Based on how the best performing Xavier players build the hero, there’s a focus on mana regeneration and magic damage. Players usually build Demon Shoes if they’re going for Clock of Destiny. Otherwise, building Arcane Boots and Enchanted Talisman is the way to go.
Aside from that, Xavier would benefit from typical magic damage items such as Holy Crystal, Blood Wings, and Genius Wand.
Standard best build for Xavier in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
- Demon Shoes
- Clock of Destiny
- Lightning Truncheon
- Holy Crystal
- Divine Glaive
- Blood Wings
Easy combos to learn
A standard combo would be to use Mystic Field, Infinite Extension, Dawning Light, then Infinite Extension again to deal maximum damage. Make sure to hit all your skill inside the Mystic Field to deal additional damage.
For a more advanced combo, you can use Infinite Extension first, then cast Mystic Field midway to surprise your enemies.
If you are far ahead, a quick Mystic Field, Infinite Extension, then Dawning Light is all you need to kill marksmen or midlane heroes.
Follow ONE Esports on Facebook for more Mobile Legends: Bang Bang news, updates, and guides.