Updated on November 3, 1:15 p.m. (GMT+8): Updated recommended emblem, talent set, and best build.
He is the first hero in the Land of Dawn to have a global ultimate skill called Dawning Light. Most of his skills deal damage from afar, making him a solid pick if you want to channel your inner sniper.
|GET AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION WITH OUR COLLECTION OF MLBB GUIDES
|Full list of Mobile Legends hero guides, counters, best build, and advanced combos
|Full list of Mobile Legends guides: Role guides, how to rank up, terms
Learn more about the long-range mage hero in this Mobile Legends: Bang Bang beginner’s guide.
Xavier’s skills in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
Passive – Transcendence
Xavier enhances his subsequent skills each time his skill hits an enemy hero until Stage III where he enters his Transcendence state.
- He can extend the duration of his passive by hitting enemies with his skills
- This passive makes the Defier of Light one of the best pokers in the midlane. Use this to your advantage, and try to deal as much damage as possible before level four.
- The width of all skills greatly increases in Stage II.
- The cooldown of all skills will be reduced by a couple of seconds in Stage III.
- All his skills will have a violet hue upon reaching Stage III.
Skill 1 – Infinite Extension
Xavier fires a Mystic Bullet that deals magic damage to enemies it passes through.
- The Bullet’s flying distance increases each time it hits an enemy or the Mystic Barrier.
- Infinite Extension can hit multiple heroes without a damage penalty, making it the perfect burst skill in crowded team fights.
- The skill can also pass through any obstacles in the map, and even deal damage to enemies outside your field of vision.
- This skill deals more damage and can stun multiple enemies when hitting a Mystic Field.
- Minions and jungle creeps can also increase the distance of this skill.
Skill 2 – Mystic Field
Xavier conjures a Mystic Barrier that lasts for a few seconds. Enemies that come into contact with the Barrier will take Magic Damage and be slowed, while allies will gain extra Movement Speed that decays over a few seconds.
- When hit by his other skills, the barrier will expand into a forbidden field for a couple of seconds, dealing magic damage to enemies within and immobilizing them for a duration.
- Although unreliable, this skill is also good for escaping team fights and helping your teammates get out of sticky situations.
- Mystic Field is best used in tight spots where the enemy has no other option but to pass through the barrier. This skill is perfect when helping out the ally jungler during a jungle invade.
- Mystic Field can affect multiple enemies and allies.
Ultimate – Dawning Light
Xavier unleashes a beam of Mystic magic that deals magic damage to all enemies in a line on the map.
- Xavier will immediately enter Stage III of Transcendence upon using Dawning Light.
- This skill can affect multiple enemies.
- This is the first ever global attack in the game. Those who already have experience playing Moskov, Layla, or any hero with a long-range ultimate would be more familiar with how to best use this ability.
- Dawning Light also stuns enemies caught in his Mystic Field.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Xavier in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
Flicker fits Xavier perfectly, for it gives him a layer of mobility either when engaging or retreating from fights. This is the safest battle spell to go as the mage, as powerful as he is, lacks tremendously in the mobility department.
Speaking of mobility, another spell you can go for is Sprint. While not providing the instant displacement like Flicker does, the spell is a good option to maneuver in or out of fights.
Plus, it has a relatively lower cooldown compared to Flicker.
Recommended emblem and talent set
In order to maximize Xavier’s kill potential and overall effectiveness in the game, opt for the assassin emblem.
Take Inspire as your tier one talent. The extra cooldown reduction will allow you to spam your abilities especially in the laning stage when you need to continually poke the opposing midlaner to gain the advantage.
Go for Wildnerness Blessing as your second talent. The extra movement speed in the jungle and river area is underrated, but extremely helpful especially when you are trying to help out or respond to other lanes. More than that, it also gives you more mobility to position better in objective takes.
Finally, take Impure Rage as your main talent. This allows you to add extra damage to your skills, making you more lethal from long range. And since you’ll be using your skills frequently during encounters, the mana restoration effects will also benefit you a lot.
Best build for Xavier in Mobile Legends
Based on how the best performing Xavier players build the hero, there’s a focus on mana regeneration and magic damage. Players usually build Demon Shoes if they’re going for Clock of Destiny. Otherwise, building Arcane Boots and Enchanted Talisman is the way to go.
Aside from that, Xavier would benefit from typical magic damage items such as Holy Crystal, Lightning Truncheon, and Genius Wand.
Standard best build for Xavier in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
- Demon Shoes
- Enchanted Talisman
- Clock of Destiny
- Lightning Truncheon
- Holy Crystal
- Divine Glaive
Easy combos to learn
A standard combo would be to use Mystic Field, Infinite Extension, Dawning Light, then Infinite Extension again to deal maximum damage. Make sure to hit all your skills inside the Mystic Field to deal additional damage.
For a more advanced combo, you can use Infinite Extension first, then cast Mystic Field midway to surprise your enemies.
If you are far ahead, a quick Mystic Field, Infinite Extension, then Dawning Light is all you need to kill marksmen or midlane heroes.