The hero has a high skill ceiling, and mastering him requires dedication. According to Xorn, you need to play around 200 games to master Chou’s skills and combos.
Learn how to play tank Chou in this comprehensive Mobile Legends: Bang Bang guide by Geek Fam’s Xorn.
Chou’s skills in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
Passive – Only Fast
After every 8 yards Chou moves, his next basic attack will deal 180% of damage and shortly slow enemies by 80%.
- Only Fast requires Chou to always be on the move. In the laning phase, try to move around the lane in order to spam the passive’s effects.
- Moving with either Jeet Kune Do or Shunpo will also activate the passive.
- Check whether Only Fast is turned on below the interface. You can also look at the character’s fist. If it’s burning, that means the passive is up.
- The skill has no cooldown, meaning you can proc it as many times as you want depending on how much you move.
Skill 1 – Jeet Kune Do
Chou throws a forward punch on each skill cast, dealing physical damage to enemies hit, up to 3 times. The 3rd attack will knock nearby enemies airborne.
- Hitting an enemy hero with the third cast resets the cooldown of Shunpo.
- This is the bread and butter skill of Chou. Make sure to spam it in the laning phase and always take note of the stun on the third cast. As tank Chou, hide in the bush, and surprise enemies who overextend.
- You can use other skills in between Jeet Kune Do.
- Using flash right before the last punch is a great gap closer, and can surprise many enemies who are unaware of your presence. Right before the animation of his last attack is complete, flicker towards the enemy and use it. It may take some getting used to, but it’s very effective once mastered.
Skill 2 – Shunpo
Chou dashes forward, becoming immune to control effects during the dash. After the dash, Chou increases his physical penetration by 15 and obtains a shield for 2s.
- This skill negates any almost all crowd control effect, so make sure to time it just before an enemy unleashes his or he crowd control. You may want to study other heroes’ skills in order to fully maximize Shunpo.
- You can use Shunpo in the middle of the second and third attack of Jeet Kun Do. This way, you’ll be able to use Shunpo again after the third attack and cover more ground. This is crucial when entering a team fight, or escaping a losing battle.
- The skill also gives Chou a small shield, so it’s wise to time the skill whenever an enemy unleashes a damaging skill.
Ultimate – The Way of Dragon
Chou casts a roundhouse kick to knock back enemies and deals physical damage.
Use again: Chou will chase up the enemies in the air, dealing at least 400 physical damage.
- Make sure to max this whenever possible.
- Don’t hesitate to use the Way of the Dragon when escaping. This is especially true if that enemy is their core or marksmen.
- Make sure to always use The Way of Dragon towards your allies and not away from them. One small mistake can mean that the enemy will have an easier time escaping after the first kick.
- Don’t forget to cast the skill again once you kicked an enemy, as it will chase the enemy in the air to deal additional damage and prolong the stun duration of The Way of Dragon
A comprehensive guide on how to play tank Chou in Mobile Legends by Geek Fam Xorn
Geek Fam Xorn’s recommended battle spell on tank Chou
The recommended battle spell to take on Chou is Flicker. The reason is that it synergizes well with his skills, and can help you set up plays with Jeet Kun Do and The Way of Dragon.
Also, it adds mobility to Chou’s arsenal of skills, making him one of the most mobile roamers in the early game. Tank Chou’s strength is his crowd control, and getting close to your enemies is a must, whatever it takes.
Geek Fam Xorn’s recommended emblem set on tank Chou
Chou can be played with two different emblems, depending on your playstyle. Go for a tank emblem if you want to play it safe and keep up your tankiness in team fights.
Geek Fam’s Xorn also mentioned that if you are feeling confident and you want to make excellent plays with tank Chou, support emblem is the way to go for advanced players.
Geek Fam Xorn’s best build on tank Chou
As for tank Chou’s best build, Xorn states that common tank items such as Antique Cuirass and Athena’s Shield are a must if you want to survive the longest in battles.
In certain situations however, Xorn recommends building a War Axe as an offensive option. According to him, Chou is naturally tanky, and building him with a few offensive items wouldn’t hurt.
A quick Mobile Legends guide on easy combos to learn for tank Chou
A common combo for tank Chou would be to activate the first two hits of Jeet Kun Do, then move forward with Shunpo.
Once you are near to your target, use Jeet Kun Do’s stun, then place yourself at the back of your target with Shunpo. You can then use the Way of the Dragon, and kick your opponent towards your allies.
Xorn advises you to keep practicing to perfect the execution of Chou’ kit and, be aggressive all the time. Chou is a very strong early game hero, and getting ahead before the enemy gets their core items will do wonders in the match.
Invading the enemy jungle at the first minute is also advisable, provided that the enemy team doesn’t have any aggressive tanks such as Tigreal or Khufra.