He possesses a unique skill set that enables him to unleash sustained magic and true damage over time, making him a threat even against the sturdiest heroes.
|GET AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION WITH OUR COLLECTION OF MLBB GUIDES|
|Full list of Mobile Legends hero guides, counters, best build, and advanced combos|
|Full list of Mobile Legends guides: Role guides, how to rank up, terms|
Furthermore, what sets him apart is his capability to seamlessly cast spells while moving.
For those aspiring to become proficient in playing the Professor of the Mystics, delve into this extensive ONE Esports hero guide.
Gord’s skills in Mobile Legends
Passive – Mystic Favor
After Gord hits an enemy four times with basic attacks or skills within a short period of time, the next attack on the target will deal additional true damage and slow them.
- With Mystic Favor, Gord can deal true damage that ignores defense, allowing him to inflict substantial damage, even against tanky enemies.
First skill – Mystic Projectile
Gord conjures a Mystic Orb that bounces in the target direction and explodes on the first enemy hit, dealing magic damage to enemies in the area, while stunning them and revealing their locations.
- Mystic Projectile is Gord’s only hard crowd control skill. Use it to initiate your skill combos.
- Since the projectile bounces two times, you can stun enemies from a long range, allowing you to set up kills for yourself or your teammates.
- You can also cast this skill within a short range to stun approaching opponents.
- For better accuracy, you can manually target this ability.
- Use Mystic Projectile to reveal enemies hiding in bushes, thus, stopping their attempt to gank you.
- You can cast this spell while moving.
Second skill – Mystic Injunction
Gord creates an energy field in the target area, dealing magic damage every few moments to enemies within it, up to 13 times.
- Mystic Injunction is Gord’s primary ability for poking enemy heroes and clearing minion waves. So, acquire this at level one and prioritize maxing it.
- When farming minions, use the circular skill indicator to ensure that you hit all of them.
- This skill deals sustained damage, therefore, it is wise to invest in items with effects that stack.
- Similar to Mystic Projectile, you can cast Mystic Injunction while moving.
Ultimate – Mystic Gush
Gord unleashes an energy beam in the target direction, dealing magic damage to enemies hit every few moments (up to 16 times).
The direction of the beam can be changed using the joystick.
- Since Mystic Gush is a channeling skill, make sure that your target is controlled to maximize its damage.
- When ganking, always go with your roamer or any ally with a hard control ability to ensure a smooth pickoff.
- Maximize the ultimate’s long cast range to kill enemies from a safe distance.
- Refrain from moving the joystick when your target is already locked down while casting this spell, since its projectile travels in a straight line.
- Like Mystic Injunction, Mystic Gush inflicts continuous damage, enabling you to easily proc stackable item effects.
- This skill can only be interrupted by high-tier CC effects such as suppress, airborne, transform, and freeze.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Gord in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
Recommended battle spell
Given Gord‘s lack of a mobility skill, it is advisable to choose Flicker. This allows you to escape from approaching enemies, or chase down opponents with low health.
Additionally, you can use it to reposition while casting Mystic Gush, preventing enemies from cancelling it, or enabling you to extend its range and guarantee a kill.
However, if the opposing team wields multiple slowing spells, consider opting for Sprint. This tremendously boosts your movement speed, and provides you with slow immunity for several seconds.
To maximize Gord’s DPS capabilities, pick the Mage emblem. This not only provides a significant amount of magic power, but also grants cooldown reduction and magic penetration, resulting in effective poking.
Alternatively, you can choose the Assassin emblem to substantially amplify your adaptive penetration, allowing you to break through the defense of durable enemies. Additionally, it gives extra adaptive attack and movement speed.
|READ MORE GORD GUIDES HERE|
|The 3 best heroes to counter Gord in Mobile Legends|
|Gord turns into a dean of destruction when you equip these 3 best items|
Take Rupture in the first tier to acquire additional adaptive penetration, and Weapons Master to gain extra magic power from both your equipment and emblem.
Complete your emblem set with Impure Rage. This core talent lets you deal adaptive damage while replenishing a portion of your mana, allowing for persistent poking.
Gord best build
Since Gord deals sustained damage over time, it is essential to obtain equipment with stackable effects. Moreover, incorporating items that enhance magic penetration will significantly boost your damage potential.
Start with a basic Boots, then promptly purchase Ice Queen Wand to amplify your slowing capabilities. Once you’ve upgraded to Magic Shoes, buy Glowing Wand to add a burning effect to your abilities.
Follow up with Enchanted Talisman to bolster your mana regeneration and cooldown reduction, empowering you to cast your spells consistently.
Conclude your itemization with Genius Wand and Divine Glaive, which both provide a substantial surge in magic penetration.
In the event that survivability becomes a priority in the later stages of the game, consider replacing Enchanted Talisman with Winter Truncheon.
|Divine Glaive or Genius Wand? When to buy these magic penetration items|
|Immortality, Wind of Nature, or Winter Truncheon? Know which survivability item to buy|
The best build for Gord in Mobile Legends
- Magic Shoes
- Ice Queen Wand
- Glowing Wand
- Enchanted Talisman
- Genius Wand
- Divine Glaive
Easy combos to learn
During the laning phase, hit your enemy with Mystic Projectile followed by Mystic Injunction to inflict substantial damage, forcing them out of the lane.
Alternatively, you can swiftly clear the minion waves in the mid lane with your first two skills, then go to a side lane to gank the enemy or aid your ally there.
Once you attain level four, go for pickoffs using your full combo. Start by stunning your target with Mystic Projectile, then quickly follow up with Mystic Injunction. Finish them off using Mystic Gush.
To prevent any defensive responses from your enemy, hit them with Mystic Gush right after releasing Mystic Projectile. If they manage to endure your ultimate, apply Mystic Injunction to eliminate them.
If you’ve chosen Flicker as your battle spell, use it to adjust your position as needed when casting Mystic Gush.