It’s TI10 and chat is going hard with walls of text and emotes, often referred to as Twitch copypastas.
No, Twitch chat isn’t being spammed by bots. They are real people.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Twitch chat where memes run free and copypasta is law. It’s fun, free, and most importantly, tickles your feelers.
What is a meme?
Memes are expressions of online culture, such as a belief, a story, or a moment that can be shared in many forms including images, text, and videos.
What is Twitch copypasta?
A type of meme, copypasta is a wall of text made with the intent of being spammed to evoke some kind of reaction.
The text can be an entire essay or a spammed phrase.
People who encounter copypasta for the first time will typically find it annoying because of the constant spam. What makes copypastas fun however, is how easy they can be repurposed and recycled to accommodate all kinds of memes.
For example, Dota 2’s Twitch copypastas are usually elaborately made stories and/or scenarios featuring pro players or talent. The really good ones will have you hooked the moment you start reading them.
How do I use Twitch copypasta and memes in chat whilst watching TI10?
Lucky for you, Twitch chat is not a science!
There’s no real right or wrong way to meme, but the easiest way to get started is to pick Twitch copypasta and memes that reflect what’s going on in the TI10 stream.
Is your favorite TI10 Dota 2 team winning? Cheer them on with encouraging copypasta like this:
- peepoClap GO peepoClap PSG.LGD peepoClap GO peepoClap PSG.LGD peepoClap GO peepoClap PSG.LGD peepoClap
Are they struggling to keep up with the competition? Create a funny story for one of your team’s players!
- NothingToSay is a fantastic Dota 2 player, just needs to work on positioning, communication, map awareness, laning, vision control, csing, poking, landing skillshots, objective control, early game, mid game, late game, ganking, and getting kills.
The whole point of memes is to have fun!
Discover a new world of Twitch copypasta and memes with the BTTV extension
On top of Twitch’s default chat emotes, hardcore Twitch chatters use additional emotes from a Twitch extension called BetterTTV.
What makes BTTV so good is that users gain access to a huge list of user submitted emotes for free. Without the BetterTTV extension, chatters can only use Twitch’s universal emotes and emotes from Twitch channels users are subscribed to.
To get the full Twitch chat experience during TI10, I highly recommend downloading the BTTV extension. It really is a whole new world.
Basic Twitch and BTTV emotes to start with
(Note: Capitalization is important for inputting emotes in Twitch chat)
Cameraman misses the esports action
Funny moments or major fails
Something goes horribly wrong
A surprising moment
A Boring esports game
Examples of the best Twitch copypastas and memes to use for Dota 2’s TI10
- If Puppey has a million fans I am one of them. If Puppey has ten fans I am one of them. If Puppey has only one fan, that is me. If Puppey has no fans, that means I am no longer on earth. If the world is against Puppey, I am against the world.
- :sunflower: SPAM :sunflower: THIS :sunflower: FLOWER :sunflower: TO :sunflower: GIVE :sunflower: OG :sunflower: POWER :sunflower: #DreamOG :sunflower:
- Who is ARTEEZY? ???????????????????? in math: my solution ➗???? in history: my KING ???????? in art: my canvas ???????? in science: my oxygen ???????? in geography: my world ????????
- My name Artour Babaev. Sorry bad englandsky. I grow up in small farm to have make potatos. Father say “Arthour, potato harvest is bad. Need you to have play professional DOTO2 in Amerikanski for make money for head-scarf for babushka.” I bring honor to komrade and babushka. Plz no copy pasteschniko .
- HeyGuys FNATIC HATERS HeyGuys FNATIC HATERS HeyGuys FNATIC HATERS HeyGuys
- T1 BETTORS monkaS nymnCorn T1 BETTORS monkaS nymnCorn T1 BETTORS monkaS nymnCorn