The top European Valorant teams are ready to battle it out in the upcoming VCT EU Stage 3 Challengers 2 Main Event where two teams will advance to the playoffs.
VCT Stage 2 Masters Reykjavik representatives Team Liquid and Fnatic are the main headliners of the event, as both teams will attempt to qualify for VCT Stage 3 Masters Berlin.
What is the VCT EU Stage 3 Challengers 2 Main Event?
The tournament will decide the final two teams from the European region that will advance to the VCT EMEA Stage 3 Challengers Playoffs.
The two teams that make it to the Grand Final of this event will join the winners of the first Main Event in the VCT EMEA Stage 3 Challengers Playoffs.
The top four finishers from the VCT EMEA Stage 3 Challengers Playoffs will advance to VCT Stage 3 Masters Berlin.
VCT EU Stage 3 Challengers 2 Main Event schedule and results
The Main Event starts on July 28 and continues until August 1 with the final two teams advancing to the VCT EMEA Stage 3 Challengers Playoffs. (All times and days are in GMT+8.)
(Last updated July 29)
July 28 (Wednesday)
- Upper Bracket — Team BDS 1 — 2 TENSTAR
- Upper Bracket — Team Liquid 2 — Team Vitality 1
- Upper Bracket — Rix.GG Thunder 0 — 2 Giants Gaming
- Upper Bracket — Fnatic 2 — 0 Alliance
July 29 (Thursday)
- Lower Bracket — Team BDS 2 –– 0 Team Vitality
- Lower Bracket — Rix.GG Thunder 2 — 0 Alliance
- Upper Bracket Semifinals — TENSTAR 0 — 2 Team Liquid
- Upper Bracket Semifinals — Giants Gaming 2 — 1 Fnatic
July 30 (Friday)
- Lower Bracket — Team BDS 1 — 2 Fnatic
- Lower Bracket — Rix.GG Thunder 0 — 2 TENSTAR
- Upper Bracket Final — Team Liquid 0 — 2 Giants Gaming
July 31 (Saturday)
- Lower Bracket Semifinal — Fnatic 2 — 0 TENSTAR
- Lower Bracket Final — Fnatic 2 — 3 Team Liquid
August 1 (Sunday)
- Grand Final — Giants Gaming 1 — 3 Team Liquid
- VCT NA Stage 3 Challengers 2 Open Qualifier: Schedule, results, where to watch
- Fnatic Boaster explains what makes Brimstone S-tier on Bind
Format of the Main Event
The Main Event follows a double-elimination format with all eight teams competing in best-of-three matches.
Matches played before the top 32 will only be best-of-one matches except for the Lower Bracket Final and Grand Final, which are set as a best-of-five series.
Teams competing in the VCT EU Stage 3 Challengers 2 Main Event
Eight teams qualified from the VCT EU Stage 3 Challengers 2 Open and Closed Qualifiers:
- Team Liquid
- Team BDS
- Rix.GG Thunder
- Giants Gaming
- Team Vitality
VCT EU Stage 3 Challengers 2 Main Event prize pool
The tournament has a US$41,000 prize pool that will be shared among the teams based on their final placing.
- First: US$17,500
- Second: US$11,500
- Third: US$7,000
- Fourth: US$4,500
Where to watch the VCT EU Stage 3 Challengers 2 Main Event?
Valorant fans can watch the matches live on Valorant’s Twitch channel and YouTube page.
READ MORE: Shroud proved he can still go toe-to-toe with pro players in VCT debut