The Rocket League competitive season returns in 2020 with the new and improved RLCS X.
The RLCS X will be a year-long competitive circuit that will have teams from Europe, Oceania, and North and South America competing in their own series of events.
In North America and Europe, the season will be divided into three splits of Fall, Winter, and Spring. In each split, both regions will receive three regional events, giving teams the opportunity to earn points and earn a spot on the leaderboard. With enough points, teams can qualify for the international major at the end of each split.
As for the culmination of the season, three NA and EU contenders who earn the most points across the board will qualify for the circuit’s biggest and most prestigious event, the Rocket League World Championship.
- The Fusion Rocket League tournament will have a US$50,000 combined prize pool
- Rocket League’s Modes of May brings back its most popular limited time modes
As for the US$4.5M prize pool, the RLCS X will divide it by the event-tiers accordingly:
- Regional Events will provide $100,000 in prizing per event
- Majors will provide $250,000 in prizing per Split
- The Rocket League World Championship will provide $1,000,000 in prizing
The RLCS X’s regional events will begin with an open qualifier so if you’re interested in joining, you can find more information on the official RLCS X Battlefy page. The first regional events will take place on July 27 (EU) and August 10 (NA).