Miya, the Moonlight Archer, is a marksman hero and one of the original characters in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang.
She possesses attack speed and multi-shot buffs, decent crowd control, and an ultimate that can be used to initiate or escape, making her a favorite among beginners and intermediate players.
If you’re looking to master Miya, here’s a comprehensive guide to help you achieve just that. From recommended emblems and battle spells to the best build and skill combos, we’ve got you covered.
Miya’s skills in Mobile Legends
Passive – Moon Blessing
Each time Miya hits a target with her basic attack, her attack speed increases by a percentage for 4 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.
- When she reaches full stacks, she gains 20% additional attack speed.
- She also summons a Moonlight Shadow to aid her in each basic attack at full stacks.
- The Moonlight Shadow deals damage based on her physical attack.
- There’s an indicator below the HP and mana bar to know the number of stacks.
First skill – Moon Arrow
Miya shoots two extra arrows on each basic attack, dealing damage to the target and 30% damage to the rest. This effect lasts for up to 9 seconds.
- The secondary arrows can trigger attack effects, such as critical damage and lifesteal.
- Prioritize leveling up this skill first as this is her farming tool.
- She will not shoot extra arrows if you’re maximizing her range, so you need to move a bit closer.
- Enemies behind her will not be targeted by the secondary arrows. So when using this ability, be mindful of your position.
Second skill – Arrow of Eclipse
Miya launches an empowered arrow on the target area, dealing damage to enemies within and immobilizing them for 1.2 seconds. The arrow then splits into 8 scattering minor arrows, each dealing damage to the first enemy hit and slowing them for 2 seconds.
- This is her only crowd control ability.
- Immobilized enemy heroes can still use basic attacks and skills.
- Although this prevents enemies from moving, some heroes can still use blink or charge abilities.
- This can’t be used to scout enemies hiding in bushes, as hitting them will not reveal their location.
Ultimate – Hidden Moonlight
Miya removes all debuffs on her and conceals herself, gaining extra movement speed. This lasts for 2 seconds or until she launches an attack.
- She gains full stacks of Moon Blessing upon leaving the conceal state, making it an excellent way to launch a surprise attack.
- This is also a useful escape tool, as she doesn’t have a blink or dash ability.
- However, this can’t remove suppression, which Kaja and Franco have in their ultimates, Divine Judgment and Bloody Hunt, respectively.
- Although she’s invisible to enemies’ sight, she can still get hit by AoE spells.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Miya in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
When it comes to choosing a battle spell for Miya, it all depends on your playstyle and team composition. If you’re confident in your team’s ability to protect you while you dish out massive damage from the backline, Inspire can be a great choice. This boosts your attack speed, physical penetration, and lifesteal.
On the other hand, if you need to play it safe, Flicker is a reliable choice. This can be used defensively to reposition yourself or escape from danger. Alternatively, it can be used offensively by blinking to the enemy backline after activating Hidden Moonlight, catching them off guard.
The Marksman emblem is the clear choice for Miya. From there, you have two talent options to consider.
The first is Electro Flash, which grants you extra movement speed and HP recovery, making it an ideal choice for sustaining damage during the laning phase.
Alternatively, you could opt for Weapon Master, which provides a significant boost to your physical attack, especially in the late game when you have a full build.
For the subtalents, go all in on Bravery for physical attack, and Swift for attack speed.
Best item build
As the primary damage dealer for your team, it’s important to have a combination of attack speed and damage items in your build.
Buy Swift Boots, then follow it up with Windtalker, Scarlet Phantom, Berserker’s Fury, and Malefic Roar. For the last inventory slot, you can opt for a defensive item.
If the enemy team relies on physical damage, Wind of Nature is a solid choice, granting you temporary immunity to physical damage. For magic damage, consider purchasing Athena’s Shield, which significantly boosts magic defense.
- Swift Boots
- Scarlet Phantom
- Berserker’s Fury
- Malefic Roar
- Wind of Nature
Easy combo to learn
During the laning phase, use Arrow of Eclipse and Moon Arrow to harass your opponent and clear minion waves quickly. This will help you maintain a strong presence in your lane and build up your item progression.
Once you have one or two core items, you can begin to execute Miya’s combo to catch enemies off guard. Hide in a bush and wait for the right moment to strike. Once you’ve spotted your target, activate Hidden Moonlight to position yourself efficiently.
Next, use Arrow of Eclipse to immobilize the enemy, then trigger Moon Arrow to enhance your basic attacks. If you have Inspire, be sure to activate it to increase your attack speed and physical penetration.
When selecting targets, always go for squishy heroes, such as marksmen, mages, or assassins.
Follow ONE Esports on Facebook for MLBB esports news, guides and updates.
READ MORE: Exclusive: Want to master Fanny? Kairi recommends watching this streamer right now