Aside from the Lesley and Gusion rework, Moonton has also tweaked more than 20 heroes in this patch. The hero with th most changes is marksman Beatrix. The Dawnbreak Soldier has been dominating ranked and the competitive scene ever since she was released last year.
According to MLBB stats, she is currently the most picked marksman for Mythic III and above players. In MPL PH, she has a 57% pick rate, which puts her second above Esmeralda. Out of the 57 times she was picked, 30 of those resulted in victory.
The developers explained that despite the adjustments she received in previous patches, the Dawnbreaker is still a dominant force in the gold lane.
“We want to make her difficult-to-maneuver skills easier to aim and increase the power of her less popular weapons,” they wrote.
Changes to Beatrix in patch 1.7.20
- Reloading time slightly increased
- Reloading time now decreases greatly as attack speed increases
Renner (Sniper Rifle)
- Damage decreased from 350-525% physical attack to 365-400% physical attack
- Hitbox increased to 1.5 times
- You can now swipe to get the skill indicator while she’s reloading (the indicator is red while reloading)
- Damage increased from 125-195% physical attack to 150%-220% physical attack
- Hitbox Width: Reduced to 75% initial hitbox width
- Each successive hits deal 25% initial damage. The total damage she can make at close distance is greatly reduced, and she must be fairly close in order to hit multiple enemies
Bennett (Grenade Gun)
- Damage decreased from 180-320% Physical Attack to 230-300% physical attack
- Slow effect increased from 30% to 40%
Nibiru (Submachine Gun)
Damage increased from 50-67.5% physical Attack to 52.5-70% physical attack
- Aim Time decreased from 20s to 8s
- Lifesteal decreased from 50% to 25%
- Canceling a cast only loses a 50% Cooldown
- Damage increased from 295-445 + 110% physical attack to 350-550 + 130% physical attack
- Hitbox width reduced to 75%
- Successive hits damage decreased from 75%, 50% and 25% initial damage (remains at 25% for all the successive hits) to now dealing only 25% initial damage. (The total damage she can make at close distances is greatly reduced, and she must be fairly close to hitting with multiple hits)
- Lifesteal gain decreased from 50% to 25%
- Slow effect increased from 30% to 40%
- Damage increased from 6 times to 10 times
- Damage per hit decreased from 200-320 + 60% physical attack to 130-210 + 40% physical attack
- Damage per hit reduced by around 35%; total damage increased by around 10%
Is Beatrix still worth playing in this patch?
If you have been playing ranked and watching MPL this season, you may have noticed that most Beatrix players are only using Wesker and Renner. This is because Wesker can burst down almost any hero in close range with her basic attack, Wesker’s Elation, and basic attack combo.
As for Renner, it also has the ability to one-shot enemies from a long distance. Switching between long-range and short-range burst damage takes less than 10 seconds, making it difficult for the opposing side to fight back.
Moonton has lowered Wesker’s hitbox and follow-up damage per hit. Her ultimate, Wesker’s Elation, now takes less time to aim, and had its lifesteal decreased as well.
Renner has also been nerfed to the ground, and now has lower base damage. Renner’s Apathy will also have less lifesteal and aim time.
However, her less popular guns, Nibiru and Bennett, have been improved. Nibiru, her machine gun, now has increased base damage. Nibiru’s Passion’s hits were increased to 10, but now has less damage per hit. Bennett’s base damage in the early game has been improved as well, along with the slow effect of Bennett’s Rage.
That said, going for an attack speed build with Nibiru as your main weapon and Bennett as your defensive option is the way to go if you want to deal the most damage and have drastically lower reload speed. Wesker and Renner are still great options in the early parts of the game or if your team is far ahead in the game.
With her versatility, there’s still a big chance that the hero will still be a viable pick in pro play, especially in MPL PH where two of the most popular gold laners, Blacklist International’s Kiel “OHEB” Soriano and Smart Omega’s Duane “Kelra” Pillas, are known for their skill in playing Beatrix.
Follow ONE Esports on Facebook for more Mobile Legends: Bang Bang news, updates, and guides.