Updated (August 31): Added Playoffs results
Get ready to see the best League of Legends teams in the Asia-Pacific region as the PCS Summer 2021 Playoffs kick off this week.
Will PSG Talon be able to continue their flawless run? Which PCS teams will represent the region at Worlds 2021?
Here’s everything you need to know about the PCS Summer 2021 Playoffs, including the schedule, results, and where to watch the tournament.
What is the PCS Summer 2021 Playoffs?
The League of Legends Pacific Championship Series (PCS) Summer 2021 Playoffs will determine the teams that will advance to this year’s League of Legends World Championship (Worlds 2021).
PCS Summer 2021 Playoffs schedule and results
The tournament will start on Thursday, August 12 at 5:00 p.m. GMT+8. BOOM Esports and J Team will open the playoffs.
Here is the full PCS Summer 2021 Playoffs schedule and results. (All times and days are in GMT+8.)
August 12 (Thursday)
- Upper Bracket Round 1 — BOOM Esports 1 — 2 J Team
- Upper Bracket Round 2 — Machi Esports 2 — 1 Hong Kong Attitude
August 13 (Friday)
- Lower Bracket Round 1 — Hong Kong Attitude 2 — 0 Berjaya Dragons
- Lower Bracket Round 2 — BOOM Esports 2 — 1 Liyab Esports
August 14 (Saturday)
- Upper Bracket Round 3 — PSG Talon 3 — 0 J Team
August 15 (Sunday)
- Upper Bracket Round 4 — Beyond Gaming 1 — 3 Machi Esports
August 20 (Friday)
- Lower Bracket Round 3 — J Team 3 — 1 Hong Kong Attitude
August 21 (Saturday)
- Lower Bracket Round 4 — Machi Esports 3 — 2 BOOM Esports
August 22 (Sunday)
- Lower Bracket Round 4 — J Team 3 — 2 Machi Esports
- PSG Talon’s Hanabi went from self-doubt to leading his team at MSI 2021
- 5 pro tips to fly over the competition on Corki by Liyab’s Gambit
August 27 (Friday)
- Upper Bracket Round 5 — PSG Talon 2 — 3 Beyond Gaming
August 28 (Saturday)
- Lower Bracket Round 5 — J Team 0 — 3 PSG Talon
August 29 (Sunday)
- Grand Finals — Beyond Gaming 2 — 3 PSG Talon
Format of the PCS Summer 2021 Playoffs
The PCS Summer 2021 Playoffs will follow a double-elimination format. All Upper Bracket and Lower Bracket Round One matches will be best-of-three series, while the rest of the tournament will be best-of-fives.
The winning team and the runner-up will secure a slot each at League of Legends Worlds 2021.
Teams competing in the PCS Summer 2021 Playoffs
The PCS Summer Split’s top eight teams have secured a spot for the Playoffs:
- PSG Talon
- Beyond Gaming
- Machi Esports
- BOOM Esports
- J Team
- Hong Kong Attitude
- Berjaya Dragons
- Liyab Esports
PCS Summer 2021 Playoffs prize pool
Aside from qualifying for Worlds 2021, the winning team will bring home US$30,000 while the runner-up will be awarded US$14,000.
The PCS Summer 2021 will offer a total of US$80,000 prize pool.
Where to watch the PCS Summer 2021 Playoffs?
PCS fans can catch the Playoffs live on the official LoL Pacific Twitch channels. The tournament will be broadcasted in English, Taiwanese, and Thai.
READ MORE: PSG Talon’s Unified has his sights set on Worlds after MSI health scare