16 of the world’s best Apex Legends teams are set to compete in the first-ever EA-sanctioned Apex Legends Pro Series tournament. US$50,000 is up for grabs over the eight-event series, with the first starting on May 31.
The tournament could not come at a better time for Apex which, after an incredible launch, has fallen off recently and is now no longer in the top ten list of highest grossing games for April.
The tournament will be organized by Faceit, who previously hosted the Apex Legends Invitational tournament in March, and who run the popular CS:GO Esports Championship Series (ECS).
12 teams have already been invited to compete:
- 100 Thieves: Lifted, JP2, and Teenage
- Cloud9: Frexs, GregoFPS, and Overpowered
- Complexity: Gabeismon, Kyraig, and ReptarRB
- Counter Logic Gaming: TBA
- Dignitas: CrozzovR, Mig_99, and Shurimawizard
- Fnatic: Cornpops, iShiny, and Muffinzz
- G2 Esports: TBA
- Gen.G Esports: Dummy, Grimreality, and Silkthread
- Misfits: Help, Losido, and Moose
- NRG: Ace, Dizzy, and Mohr
- T1 Esports: BcJ, Kurt, and ZerG
- TSM: ImperialHal, ProdigyAces, and TTHump
According to the official Apex Legends Pro Series page, Team Liquid has also been invited. The final invited team has not been announced yet.
Two more teams will be able to qualify through a closed qualifier. The 20 teams for the qualifier will all be chosen through the Apex Pro Discord.
READ MORE: New game modes in the works for Apex Legends