Updated on May 26, 1:30 p.m. (GMT+8): Updated relevancy.
With that, many also find him difficult to play as he requires a lot of practice. While his skills have high potential to burst down enemies, the combo to achieve that requires time and effort to grasp.
Luckily, Singapore’s top Mobile Legends: Bang Bang streamer Sky Wee is a master on this hero and is here to help you get a head start on this complex assassin hero.
Learn how to play Aamon in this comprehensive Mobile Legends: Bang Bang guide by streamer Sky Wee.
Aamon’s skills in Mobile Legends: Bang Bang
Passive – Invisible Armor
He enters the Camouflage state each time he hits an enemy with a skill, during which he cannot be targeted, restores lost HP every 0.6 seconds, and gains extra Movement Speed that rapidly decays.
Upon leaving the Camouflage state, Aamon immediately resets his Basic Attack’s cooldown and enhances his Basic Attacks for a short amount of time.
Each enhanced Basic Attack deals Magic Damage and reduces Aamon’s skill cooldowns. The first enhanced Basic Attack’s damage is increased if Aamon leaves the Camouflage state actively.
- The HP increase when Aamon is in camouflage increases the less health he has.
- Enemies can still hit Aamon with their skills during the camouflaged state. So if you are escaping from a fight in a camouflaged state, make sure to maneuver away from those who have area of effect skills.
- The attack range of Aamon becomes wider if he has enhanced basic attack.
Skill 1 – Soul Shards
Passive: Aamon charges his armor each time he casts a skill or hits an enemy with a skill or enhanced Basic Attack. At a certain charge, Aamon throws shards at the target on his next attack, each shard dealing Magic Damage. The shards will then scatter around the target.
Active: Aamon throws a shard at a nearby enemy, dealing Magic Damage.
- According to Sky Wee, this is his bread and butter skill and should be maxed out immediately.
- Soul Shards is a good harass skill and can shred your opponent’s health in the laning phase if they are complacent.
- When entering a team fight, try to use Soul Shards first on a jungle creep or minion to surprise the enemy team.
Skill 2 – Slayer Shards
Aamon throws a shard forward, dealing Magic Damage to the first non-minion enemy hit, slowing them. The shard will then return to Aamon immediately.
If the shard fails to hit an enemy, it will return to Aamon after a short delay and allow him to enter the Camouflage state.
- Whether he hits an enemy or not, he will immediately camouflage himself once the shard returns to him.
- Use the camouflage to its fullest potential and try to confuse the enemies by flanking them once it’s up.
- If you use up all your skills and the enemy isn’t dead, immediately back away and wait for your skills to reset, for Aamon is easy to kill if his skills are on cooldown.
Ultimate – Endless Shards
Aamon throws all shards at a designated enemy and slows them. After a short delay, the shards will fly to the enemy’s location again, each dealing Magic Damage.
The number of shards increases with his armor charges and the shards on the ground. The damage dealt increases with the target’s lost HP. The same target takes less damage from subsequent attacks.
- It’s best to use Endless Shards when there are a lot of shards on the ground in order to maximize its damage.
- It’s also recommended to manual aim the skill as Endless Shard has a small casting range and can hit jungle creeps as well.
- Prioritize the enemy mage or marksman whenever you use this skill.
- The lower the HP of the target, the greater the damage of Endless Shard. Use this to your advantage and always aim for the squishiest target.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Aamon in Mobile Legends by Sky Wee
Sky Wee’s recommended battle spells
Sky Wee highly recommends playing Aamon as a jungler. He also stated that he is viable in the Gold lane, provided he has the Execute battle spell.
As a gold laner, you also have to maximize your skill set and visit the midlane as much as possible after you hit level four. Always remember that Aamon thrives in picking off enemies who are alone.
Sky Wee’s recommended Aamon emblem set
Magic Emblem tree
- Secret Shop
As an assassin who has magic scaling on all his skills, it’s best to stick with the Mage Emblem tree. Sky Wee always goes for Agility for the extra movement speed bonus, Contract for the magic lifesteal boost, and finally the Secret Shop since Aamon relies on his core items early on in the game.
This emblem set also applies when playing this assassin hero in the Gold lane.
Sky Wee’s best Aamon build
Aamon has a pretty straightforward item build, according to Sky Wee. Always rush the Hunter Shoes with the Bloody Retribution Upgrade and you can pick whatever offensive magic item you like depending on the enemy lineup.
This is his best build for Aamon in a typical matchup:
- Hunter Shoes with the Bloody Retribution upgrade
- Genius Wand
- Feather of Heaven
- Holy Crystal
- Shadow Twinblades
- Winter Truncheon
You can also swap Winter Truncheon with Blood Wings if your team is really far ahead. In the late game, it’s a wise choice to sell Winter Truncheon and replace it with Immortality.
Easy to learn Aamon combos
Aamon is a difficult assassin hero to learn, but is very fulfilling once you get the hang of it. Before trying anything new, try to practice these combos against AIs or in Practice Mode.
A basic combo would be to unleash Slayer Shards and hit the enemy once or twice. After that, immediately use Soul Shards. Use Endless Shards when there are 10 or more daggers on the floor.
You can also use Slayer Shards first to engage, then a basic attack to trigger passive shards, Soul Shards, another basic attack to trigger the passive, then Endless Shards to finish off the enemy.
If you’re playing this assassin hero, it’s crucial that you always look at the map and go for ganks whenever possible. A well-fed Aamon is a monster, and has the capability to carry a game all by himself.