Mages who rule the mid lane, listen up. Two magic damage items were buffed in League of Legends patch 11.4, and they’re so good that no matter which mage you play, they’ll still prove to be your best choice.
With the increased health, damage, and cast time of Everfrost, it could very well be the best Mythic item choice for mages now. It will give you added survivability, while the quick cast time allows you land its root much more reliably than before. (I’ve already tried it out, and it feels so much smoother)
Neeko, Zilean, and even Cho’gath are some of the spellcasters who already build Everfrost because it helps them set up their crowd control chain for longer. Neeko for example, makes use of Everfrost’s active to combo it into Tangle-Barbs (E), as well as her ultimate, Pop Blossom, for maximum damage. For mages in general, Everforst presents new untested combos.
- Build path changed from Lost Chapter + Blasting Wand + 1250 gold to Lost Chapter + Blasting Wand + Kindlegem + 450 gold
- Health increased from 200 to 250
- Glaciate damage increased from 100 (+30% AP) to 125 (+25% AP)
- Glaciate cast time decreased from 0.25 seconds to 0.15 seconds
- (Removed) Spelldance movement speed: Cosmic Drive no longer grants bonus movement speed when dealing ability damage
- (New) Put it in cosmic drive: If you have at least 160 ability power, gain 20 ability haste and 10-30 movement speed (based on level)
- Ability Haste decreased from 30 to 20
Previously, Cosmic Drive was unpopular because only damage dealt through abilities grants users increased movement speed for four seconds. Patch 11.4 is a welcome change, for the bonus movement speed is now based on a minimum 160 ability power. Not only that, but you’ll also get even more ability haste, which means lower cooldowns and more spell iterations, while the added movement speed helps you reposition better.
Due to the 160 AP minimum requirement, whether you should get it as your second or third item will depend on mage to mage. Are you excited to test out Everfrost and Cosmic Drive on your favorite mage champions?