Dota 2’s Outlanders Update includes a long list of changes that are set to change the game dramatically. One of the major parts of this list is the new Aghanim’s Scepter reworks Valve made in order to shake up the game’s meta.
Listed below are all the noteworthy Aghanim’s Scepter reworks from Dota 2’s 7.23 patch notes. It is also important to note that the Aghanim’s Scepter item and Aghanim’s Blessing still works the same. The new item that included in the patch is the Tome of Aghanim, a neutral item that temporarily grants users the Scepter buff for three minutes.
Chaos Knight‘s new changes have made the hero much stronger during team fights, specifically with his new reworked Aghanim’s Scepter upgrade that gives everyone in his team an illusion buddy.
- Reality Rift now reduces armor by 2/3/4/5 for 6 seconds.
- Phantasm illusions now have 25% Magic Resistance bonus.
- Phantasm illusions are now considered Strong Illusions and cannot be instantly killed with spells
- Reworked Scepter. When you cast Phantasm, causes every allied hero to create an illusion (same stats as Phantasm illusions). Your hero gets an additional illusion as well. Does not interrupt allies.
Dragon Knight‘s new Aghanim’s Scepter upgrade gives an upgraded mobility boost that lets him soar above his enemies and catch them from unexpected vantage points.
- Elder Dragon Form Scepter upgrade now also provides flying pathing
- Level 20 Talent changed from +210 Gold Per Minute to +20% Cooldown Reduction
Kunkka‘s Aghanim’s Scepter upgrade might be the best one from the patch. It basically drenches everyone around him.
- Reworked Scepter. Provides the Torrent Storm ability. Active, causes a visible torrent to spawn every 0.25 seconds for 5 seconds. Torrents spawn randomly in a 1,110 area around you (in alternating quadrants). Cooldown: 70. Manacost: 250.
Lycan‘s new Aghanim’s Scepter rework grants the Wolf Bite ability, which lets you create pack buddies.
- Reworked Howl. Now causes all enemies within 2,000 AoE to have 5/6/7/8 reduced armor and deal less 25/30/35/40% less base attack damage. Lasts 5/6/7/8 seconds. Cooldown: 24/22/20/18 CD Manacost: 50.
- Howl is now cast around your wolves as well.
- Reworked Scepter. Grants Wolf Bite. Target an allied hero to convert them and provide Shapeshift properties (including melee). Grants both you 30% lifesteal, and a shared 30% life steal to heal the other one when within 1,200 range of each other. Cooldown: 80 Manacost: 150.
Sven‘s new Aghanim’s Scepter upgrade turns the hero into the Marvel superhero Thor.
- Reworked Warcry. Causes allied heroes within 700 range to have 6/9/12/15 increased Armor and 12/16/20/24 Bonus Damage. Additionally increases your own movement speed by 6/10/14/18%. Lasts 8 seconds. Cooldown: 36/32/28/24. Manacost: 60.
- Reworked Scepter. Storm Hammer gains +500 cast range and you travel along it. Upon impact, it hits automatically lands an attack on the primary target.
Lifestealer‘s Aghanim’s Scepter upgrade could possibly give the hero a new role as an offlaner. By Infesting allied heroes, they get the Rage buff, which grants bonus movement speed, health and magic immunity.
- Rage no longer increases attack speed, but now provides +15% movement speed.
- Feast now passively provides +15/30/45/60 Attack Speed, no longer deals damage based on the target’s max health, and provides 1.5/2/2.5/3% lifesteal based on the target’s max health.
- Reworked Scepter. Reduces Infest cooldown to 20 seconds and increases cast range to 600. Causes the Infested target to get the Rage buff (lasts as long as Rage does)
- Infest now automatically takes control over the target when it is allowed. Infested heroes have bonus +30/40/50% movement speed and creeps have 15/20/25%. Infested units also gain +750/1000/1250 bonus health (and heals that amount).
- Infest now heals you for 3/4/5% of max health per second while you are in another unit instead of a burst heal on exit.
Elder Titan‘s now gain an Immunity when they regain their Astral Spirit. This is perfect for late-game situations when enemy core heroes are trying to pickoff support heroes.
- Scepter has been reworked. Now grants you with Spell Immunity when the Astral Spirit returns to you, based on the number of heroes hit. Provides 2 seconds per hero.
Dark Seer will now be able to give his team a big advantage during team fights once he picks up an Aghs. He get an overpowered Vacuum cooldown, and makes his Wall of Replica really, really, long.
- Reworked Scepter. Now reduces Vacuum cooldown from 60/50/40/30 to 12 and doubles the width on Wall of Replica.
Silencer’s Last Word becomes another AoE silence for the hero with the Aghanim’s Scepter upgrade. We’re in a library, folks!
- Reworked Scepter. Last Word becomes a 600 AoE spell.
Slark already has a great escape mechanic, with his Dark Pact and Shadow Dance. But Aghs will give double his Pounce distance, drastically increasing the hero’s mobility.
- Reworked Scepter. Pounce now has two charges and travels double the distance/speed.
Techies is now a viable support hero since all Techies players pickup Aghanim’s Scepters already anyway. With the mine’s cast range increased by 400, the hero can now throw Statis Traps from a distance that can stun opponents for 2/3/4/5 seconds.
- Scepter now also causes your mines cast range to be increased by 400.
Sniper‘s reworked Aghanim’s Scepter upgrade gives him a major team fight advantage by making Assassinate release faster and stopping them.
- Reworked Scepter. Reduces cast time on Assassinate from 2 to 1 and causes it to disable the target for 1.8 seconds.
Vengeful Spirit’s new Agh’s powered Nether Swap scares people around her after she swaps in, letting her escape after saving someone.
- Vengeance Aura has been reworked. Now provides +60/100/140/180 Attack Range and +4/8/12/16 Primary Attributes to player units. It also considered a Strong Illusion and cannot be instant killed with spells.
- Nether Swap now works against invulnerable/sleeping targets.
- Scepter Reworked. Nether Swap now fears enemies where you land in an area of 700 for 2 seconds.
Pudge can now heal teammates by swallowing them with Aghs. Granted, spending 4,200 gold just to heal your teammates does seem a bit much, but it could lead to some stylish plays during the late game.
- Flesh Heap health regen reduced from 6/9/12/15 to 4/7/10/13.
- Rot self damage is no longer lethal.
- Reworked Scepter. Reduces Dismember cooldown to 11. Allows you to target an ally with Dismember, instantly swallowing them in your belly and healing them for 4% of their max health per second. The ally can exit whenever they want by issuing a command.
Necrophos will no longer be able to remove enemy heroes from the map for an extended period of time. But, with a shorter Ghost Shroud cooldown, opposing teams will have a harder time dealing with the hero.
- Scepter has been reworked. Now reduces Ghost Shroud cooldown to 10 seconds and causes Heartstopper Aura to deal 2x as much damage while Ghost Shroud is active.
Lich‘s new Aghanim’s Scepter upgrade gives the hero an AoE disable that can help his team win crucial team fights.
- Scepter has been reworked. Sinister Gaze is now a 400 AoE target ability.
Enchantress‘ got a massive rework (back to the original Dota skillset), and her Aghs buff now gives her Sproink, which moves her back 400 units and disjoints. Sproink!
- Scepter has been reworked. Grants Sproink, moving you backwards 400 units and disjointing projectiles. Cooldown: 3 Manacost: 50.
- Untouchable is now an ultimate ability. Reduces attack speed by 100/140/180.
- Impetus is now a basic ability, deals 8/12/16/20% damage, 40/45/50/55 mana cost, Cooldown: 6/4/2/0.
- Impetus no longer Pierces Spell Immunity.
Clockwerk’s Aghanim’s Scepter upgrade has also been improved dramatically. The upgrade acts as a Refresher Orb that adds a movement and attack speed buff, though you’ll be stunned once the buff ends.
- Scepter has been reworked. Grants you Overclocking, refreshing all of your abilities and granting you 40% bonus movement speed and +200 Attack Speed for 8 seconds. After the duration expires, you become stunned for 4 seconds. Cooldown: 60. Manacost: 150.