Call of Duty team, Florida Mutineers, will merge the worlds of traditional sports and esports with the Wrecked Royale charity CoD: Warzone tournament.
The Wrecked Royale will be putting up a prize pool of US$25,000 that will be going to COVID-19 charities.
The Mutineers will be welcoming these NFL veterans and players to the battlefield:
- Terrell Owens (NFL Hall of Famer)
- Ryan Shazier (former Pittsburgh Steelers)
- Mack Wilson (Cleveland Browns)
- Sheldrick Redwine (Cleveland Browns)
- Shaq Thompson (Carolina Panthers)
- James Bradberry (New York Giants)
- Jedrick Wills (Cleveland Browns)
- Vernon Butler (Buffalo Bills)
- Deejay Dallas (Seattle Seahawks)
Ben Spoont, CEO and co-founder of Misfits Gaming Group, saw the event as a way to give back to the community and bring exciting entertainment to many fans of both football and esports.
“It’s always incredible to see pro players go head to head with professional athletes,” said Spoont. “And after the fun we had at our Miami event in February with the Mutineers and NFL players, we were excited to bring the esports and sports worlds together again for an entertaining showdown that’s helping a fantastic cause.”
The tournament will shuffle the NFL athletes with CoD pros and streamers to compete in a one-day Warzone tournament, comprised of twelve four-man squads. All teams will leave the tournament with a participation prize to donate to their chosen COVID-19 charity while the winning team will receive US$5,000 as a championship prize.