Apex Legends is getting a substantial gameplay update alongside its newest season, Legacy, arriving on May 4. In terms of legends, Lifeline received changes that will make her a stronger support in the long run.
Passive Ability – Combat Revive
- No longer deploys a shield
- Can now revive two players at the same time
- Can now cancel active revives in progress to allow your teammate to defend themselves with their knockdown shield
Though the Combat Revive shield was one of the standout qualities of Lifeline as a support, the developers believed that the shield “was extremely strong to the point of frustration” for opponent squads.
Expect Lifeline players to be more active on the battlefield as a means to distract enemies from executing reviving members.
Respawn is further shaping Lifeline to be a more well-rounded support through her two other skills. This way, squadmates will be able to rely on her for faster heals and better equipment in between engagements.
Tactical Ability – D.O.C. Heal Drone
- Heal rate increased from 5 HP per second to 8 HP per second
- Deployment time before healing begins reduced by roughly 33%
Ultimate Ability – Care Package
- Cooldown reduced from 6 minutes to 5 minutes
- Now guarantees an upgrade (if possible) in three categories
- Body Shield
- Other Equipment (Helmet, Backpack, and Knockdown Shield)
- Weapon Attachment
- Items will be based on your team’s current gear when the Package arrives
“Lifeline’s kit was not in a particularly healthy place,” stated the developer note. “These changes are aimed to redistribute this big power differential between all of her abilities.”
For more information, you can check out the full Apex Legends Legacy patch notes.