Teamfight Tactics is getting a massive update midway through its Galaxies set. The changes include having some champions taken out of the rotation and docking a space fleet of new and familiar faces into the auto battler.
Voids and Valkyries are out
Since you can’t have two similar traits in the game, Riot has taken out the most identical roles in the newest batch of champs. The developers have closed the gate to the Void (Kha’Zix, Cho’Gath, and Vel’Koz) and left the Valkyries (Kai’Sa, Kayle, and Miss Fortune) in space Valhalla.
Along with those traits, a few individuals will be shown the door to make room for better, more efficient team compositions.
- Her CC cleanse left no room for counterplay
- Removed to make room for new Rebels and Mystics
- Undervalued as a Celestial Mana-Reaver
- Removed due to rarity in play
- Removed due to new 3-cost tier champions
New units to existing traits
Though the removal of some key players in popular traits may be disheartening for avid players, they can now look forward to some new faces that will buff the game’s pre-existing traits.
- Tier 3
- Cybernetic Sniper
- Final Hour: Vayne focuses for 10 seconds, tumbling away from her target immediately, and every third attack thereafter. Vayne is invisible while tumbling and her first attack after each tumble deals 180/200/240% of her Attack Damage.
- Tier 2
- Rebel Infiltrator
- Contempt for the Weak (Passive): Every third attack, Zed deals 20/40/80 bonus magic damage and steals 25/40/80% of the target’s current Attack Damage.
- Tier 4
- Chrono Blademaster
- Energy Slash: Riven dashes and shields herself for 300/450/900, then slashes forward dealing 100/150/450 magic damage. Every third cast, Riven leaps into the air and launches a wave of energy that deals 400/600/1800 magic damage.
New mid-set traits
Along with some cherry-on-top additions to known traits, you can shoot for the stars with TFT: Galaxies’ three newest traits, which add eleven new champions to the game.
- Battlecast (2/4/6)
- Trait: Battlecast champions, upon dealing or taking 10 instances of damage, trigger a bonus effect based on their current health. If they’re above half health, they deal 75/150/225 magic damage to the nearest enemy. If they’re below half health, they heal for 75/150/225 instead.
- Illaoi: Tier 1 Brawler
- Nocturne: Tier 2 Infiltrator
- Kog’Maw: Tier 2 Blaster
- Cassiopeia: Tier 3 Mystic
- Viktor: Tier 4 Sorcerer
- Urgot: Tier 5 Protector
- Synergizes with: Chrono and Celestial
- Astro (3)
- Trait: Reduce your Astro champs’ mana costs by 30.
- Nautilus: Tier 2 Vanguard
- Bard: Tier 3 Mystic
- Gnar: Tier 4 Brawler
- Teemo: Tier 4 Sniper
- Synergizes with: Chrono and Dark Star
- Paragon (1)
- Trait: Your team’s basic attacks are converted to magic damage.
- Janna: Tier 5 Star Guardian
Riot is expected to introduce the mid-set update in the Public Beta Environment within the next few weeks. Depending on how the feedback turns out, we’ll likely have the mid-set update and the new Galaxies Pass II orbiting around our atmosphere sometime in late June.
You can check out Riot’s full TFT Dev Drop here.