Melee top laners, if there’s one champion you should seriously consider banning in ranked this League of Legends patch 13.6, it’s Vayne.
Riot Games believes that she’s been struggling overall because “her passive hasn’t stood the test of time against more mobile champions.” This is why they’re giving her chase potential by buffing her passive and Tumble (Q), the game developers explained in the patch notes.
“However, we want to curb her potential power in the top lane, so we’re bringing down her percent health damage as well,” they added, which isn’t actually the case if you read the patch notes closely.
- Dream of becoming a millionaire? Uzi warns pro players to avoid this at all costs
- Arcane group cosplay looks exactly like a League of Legends live-action movie
Vayne buffs in League of Legends patch 13.6 makes her better in solo lanes
Passive – Night Hunter
- Bonus Movement Speed increased from 30 to 45
Q – Tumble
- Bonus Physical Damage increased from 60/65/70/75/80% AD to 75/85/95/105/115% AD
- Empowered Attack Duration decreased from 7 seconds to 3 seconds
W – Silver Bolts
- Percent Health Damage adjusted from 4/6/8/10/12% target’s maximum health to 6/7/8/9/10% target’s maximum health
Night Hunter gives Vayne the ability to move forward, dish out damage, then dodge or retreat with Tumble for a favorable trade. The increased bonus movement speed makes her slightly more elusive, and opponents are more likely to feel its full impact when she hits level six and activates her ultimate, Final Hour.
Tumble’s Bonus Physical Damage was also given a big boost, buffed by 15% at level one, up to an additional 35% bonus AD at max level. Once she gets two core items, her Tumbles during Final Hour are definitely going to hurt.
To balance out these changes, Silver Bolts’ maximum health damage was nerfed — but only from the mid to late game. In the early stages of the game, it actually got buffed, up from 4% to 6%, and up from 6% to 7%.
Putting everything into perspective, top lane and mid lane Vayne are both actually viable now in ranked. In certain matchups, especially at top, she’ll be able to win lane hard, which hopefully is enough for her team to win the game.
Read the full LoL patch 13.6 notes here.
READ MORE: Exclusive: How Peter Dun became a renowned coach even though he was never a pro player