Updated on July 21, 2:20 p.m. (GMT+8): Updated recommended emblem.
The gun-wielding marksman is easy to use, helping you learn the basics of the game quickly. Nevertheless, she can be a monster if played masterfully.
To help you destroy your enemies using the Energy Gunner, we have made a complete guide that covers the best build, recommended battle spell, emblem, skill tips, and combos.
Layla’s skills in Mobile Legends
Passive – Malefic Gun
Layla deals increased damage to enemies farther away from her (from 100 percent to 130 percent, reaches the maximum at six units).
- Always try to attack from the furthest range to maximize this.
- Use the advanced targeting method, so you can specifically attack a hero, minion, or turret to maximize her range.
First skill – Malefic Bomb
Layla fires a Malefic Energy Bomb in the target direction, dealing physical damage to the first enemy hit. This damage can critically strike.
Upon hitting an enemy, her basic attacks and Void Projectile (second skill) gain extra range for three seconds. She also gains extra movement speed that decays. The duration of the movement speed boost is doubled if an enemy hero is hit.
- Get this at level one to effectively harass your opponent in the lane.
- You don’t necessarily have to hit a hero to activate the additional range. You can strike a minion with it then use the bonus range to hit your enemy with Void Projectile and basic attacks.
- You can also do the same to jungle creeps near you.
- Once you hit an enemy with this, you can use basic attacks against a turret from outside its range.
- Manually target this skill for higher accuracy.
Second skill – Void Projectile
Layla fires an orb of Malefic Energy at the target enemy that explodes on hit, dealing physical damage to enemies in the area, and applying a Magic Mark on them for three seconds.
When she hits an enemy with a Magic Mark, she deals physical damage to nearby enemies and stuns them briefly.
- In the early game, use this only when you hit an enemy with Malefic Bomb, so you won’t need to go near them and get into a dangerous position.
- Damage from Malefic Bomb and Destruction Rush (ultimate) can trigger the extra damage and stun effect.
Ultimate – Destruction Rush
Layla fires a blast of Malefic Energy in the target direction, dealing burst physical damage to enemies in a line.
Passive: The range of Layla’s Void Projectile and Basic Attacks is increased. Her sight range is also slightly increased each time this skill is upgraded.
- You can use this to finish off enemies or reduce their HP significantly, forcing them to retreat back to their base.
- Keep in mind that this has a slight delay.
- With the right timing, you can steal a Turtle or Lord kill using this.
- Thanks to the ultimate’s passive, Layla has the longest range in the game. At max level, she can attack turrets from outside their range, making her one of the best heroes at sieging.
A comprehensive guide on how to play Layla in Mobile Legends
Recommended battle spell
As Layla lacks a reliable mobility skill, choose Flicker as your battle spell. Use it to escape from approaching enemies, or chase down opponents with low health.
If you want to play aggressively, and your roamer or other allies can protect you during team fights, select Inspire. It provides extra attack speed and lifesteal, and ignores physical defense, allowing you to deal massive damage per second in clashes.
Marksman emblem works best for Layla, for it grants a significant boost to attack speed, along with extra adaptive attack, and lifesteal.
In terms of standard talents, select Fatal for extra critical chance and damage, as well as Weapon Master for additional physical attack from equipment, emblem, talents, and skills.
For your core talent, choose Quantum Charge, which improves your survivability. It provides you with additional movement speed and HP restoration.
Alternatively, if you want to play aggressively, you can opt for Weakness Finder. It enables you to slow down your target’s movement and attack speed. Additionally, it synergizes well with her long attack range.
Layla best build
As the marksman, you need to serve as the main damage dealer of your team. Purchase items that will boost your physical attack, critical chance and damage, attack speed, and lifesteal.
Start off with Swift Boots, then buy Berserker’s Fury, Windtalker, Scarlet Phantom, Haas’ Claws, and Blade of Despair.
You may consider buying Wind of Nature or Athena’s Shield if the enemy team has an assassin or mage that can threaten you at the backline.
The best build for Layla in Mobile Legends
- Swift Boots
- Berserker’s Fury
- Scarlet Phantom
- Haas’ Claws
- Blade of Despair
Easy combos to learn
In the laning phase, hit your opponent with Malefic Bomb followed by Void Projectile and basic attacks.
Remember, you have to hit Malefic Bomb and get the bonus range first before going for subsequent attacks so you won’t get into a dangerous spot.
Be patient in chipping away the HP of your enemy, and don’t dive mindlessly, as the other team’s roamer or jungler might just be waiting in the bushes.
When your target’s HP gets low, take them down from afar using Destruction Rush. Unleash it when they already used up their blink or dash ability so they can’t dodge the ultimate.
During team fights, stay at the backline and keep using Malefic Bomb. If you have Flicker, use it to reposition if necessary.