He’s French, he’s well dressed, and very well armed in more ways than one, judging by the size of those forearms.
Chamber is the 18th Valorant agent, and the game’s fourth Sentinel after Sage, Cypher, and KillJoy.
Equipped with traps, teleport anchors, and a sniper rifle that instantly kills an enemy with a direct hit, Chamber is a deadly weapons designer who likes things to be precise.
A little too precise, if you ask us.
- New Valorant agent Deadeye: Teasers, clues, and potential release date
- TenZ exposes secret behind his success in Valorant — big ‘anime buffs’
Valorant agent Chamber abilities
- Place a trap that scans for enemies.
- When a visible enemy comes in range, the trap counts down and then destabilizes the terrain around them, creating a lingering field that slows players caught inside of it.
- Activate to equip a heavy pistol.
- Alt fire with the pistol equipped to aim down sights.
- Place two teleport anchors.
- While on the ground and in range of an anchor, reactivate to quickly teleport to the other anchor.
- Anchors can be picked up to be redeployed.
(X – Ultimate) Tour de Force
- Activate to summon a powerful, custom sniper rifle that will kill an enemy with any direct hit.
- Killing an enemy creates a lingering field that slows players caught inside of it.
Riot Games Character Producer explains what went into the design of Chamber the Sentinel agent
Riot Games Character Producer John Goscicki wanted to approach the Sentinel role in a different way compared to previous agents.
Specifically, he and the team were going for “someone that bunkers down, and holds a location by getting frags”. As such, Chamber comes with his own innate pistol, gadgets, and ultimate rifle, which is different from the utility-focused playstyle of existing sentinels Sage, Cypher, and KillJoy.
From there, the game developers built upon his character design, which is as sharp as his playstyle.
“We took a lot of inspiration from the archetype of ‘the gentleman assassin’… the idea that the distance of the shot, the breeze in the wind, the type of powder in the ammo, all these fine details must be taken into account to land the perfect hit,” said John Goscicki.
“A person like that would care about the finer things in life as well, from the cut of his vest, to the color of the threading, and how shoes would bring the whole outfit together,” added John. “The perfect shot must be as immaculate as the look.”
Chamber will be released in-game on November 16, 2021.
Follow ONE Esports on Facebook for more Valorant news, guides, and updates.
READ MORE: Unintended Jett nerfs have united Valorant pros, want changes to remain