Gord, one of the least used mage heroes in the Land of Dawn, received an important buff a few days ago.
When Mobile Legends: Bang Bang patch 1.6.96 arrived on June 28, many were focused on the changes to the Necrokeep heroes such as Vexana, Faramis, and Leomord. Furthermore, Moonton also improved The Professor of Mystic’s skills, making him a solid pick in the current meta.
Here are all the changes he received in this patch, including an analysis on how likely he will be played in the competitive scene.
Changes to Gord in patch 1.6.94
Passive – Mystic Favor
- Damage decreased from 160 + 70% Magic Power to 140 + 60% Magic Power
- New Effect: Besides inflicting True Damage, the attack will also slow the target by 30% for 1s
Skill 2 – Mystic Injunction
- Damage Interval decreased from 0.45s to 0.3s
- Damage decreased from 80-155 + 20% Magic Power to 55-105 + 16% Magic Power
- Cooldown increased from 7-5s to 8-6s
Ultimate – Mystic Gush
- Damage interval decreased from 0.3s to 0.2s
- Damage decreased from 220-350 + 50% Magic Power to 135-225 + 33% Magic Power
- Cooldown increased from 34-28s to 44-36s
- Enemies hit are no longer slowed
- He can now cast Battle Spells during the Ultimate
- His movement is no longer interrupted by Skill 1/2 casts
- Exclusive: RSG PH’s Light believes Franco is the strongest tank in Mobile Legends right now
- The 3 best heroes to counter Irithel in Mobile Legends
Gord gets a small, but important buff in this patch
Before the patch, The Professor of Mystic is rarely used because his skill set needs him to be standing still all the time, a red flag in the current meta where assassin and jungle heroes who can pin down and jump in the backline are prevalent.
Most of his skills have long casting times, making him an easy target in team fights. One example of this is his ultimate, Mystic Gush, where he needs to stand still for a couple of seconds while firing his beam.
Now, Gord can cast Mystic Projectile and Mystic Injunction while moving. He can also use Battle Spells during Mystic Gush’s duration. These changes are a game-changer as he will now be a lot harder to pin down. Think of it this way, Gord right now is like a mage version of Irithel, one of the top marksman heroes in the current meta.
Despite having decreased stats on most of his skills, his increased mobility might turn him into a viable mage in the current meta, alongside Xavier and Yve.
Follow ONE Esports on Facebook for more MLBB news, updates, guides, and more.
READ MORE: Exclusive: RSG PH’s Light believes Franco is the strongest tank in Mobile Legends right now