Wild Rift patch 2.3c is the last balance patch of this cycle before major updates arrive in patch 2.4.
Still, two support champions in the dragon lane, Leona and Braum, received significant adjustments this round.
Wild Rift patch 2.3c nerfs Braum
Passive – Concussive Blows
- (Bugfix) Stun duration at max level decreased from 1.56s to 1.5s
First ability – Winter’s Bite
- Percentage HP damage decreased from 5% to 3%
Third ability – Unbreakable
- Duration reduced from 5s to 4s
Braum’s bread and butter ability, Winter’s Bite, does significantly less damage now since its percentage HP damage has been reduced by two percent.
The reduced duration of his Unbreakable shield cannot be overlooked either, for one less second means less damage blocked by Braum.
What more, with the release of Senna, Braum gets countered even harder. Piercing Darkness allows Senna to deal damage through units and poke Braum down before he can get near her. Even if he manages to close in, Senna still has Last Embrace and Curse of the Black Mist to escape, not to mention sustain in lane.
- Irelia is now S-tier thanks to these massive Wild Rift patch 2.3b buffs
- Tank Garen has been completely gutted in Wild Rift patch 2.3b
Wild Rift patch 2.3c massively buffs Leona
Passive – Sunlight
- Base damage increased from 33 to 145 to 34 to 160
Second ability – Eclipse
- Armor increased from 25/35/45/55 + 20% bonus armor to 35/50/65/80 + 20% bonus armor
- Magic Resist increased from 25/35/45/55 + 20% bonus MR to 35/50/65/80 + 20% bonus MR
“Do you remember ages ago when I said the thing that Leona needs is — she needs to be a bit more tanky?” asked Wild Rift content creator and shoutcaster Ceirnan “Excoundrel” Lowe in his latest patch 2.3c breakdown.
Good news! Wild Rift patch 2.3c delivers just that. Leona’s Eclipse is the only ability that gives her defensive stats, and its base armor and magic resist has been increased by up to 25 in the late game. The base damage of Sunlight too was given a boost, going up by 15 in the late game.
Now that Senna is popular in the meta, Leona is the perfect counter because going all in is the best way to defeat the long range, low HP marksman sustain support who thrives on kiting.
Click here to read the full Wild Rift patch 2.3c notes.
READ MORE: Exactly how to build and excel on Miss Fortune support in Wild Rift