Valorant patch 3.04 is all about making improvements to the game. This includes changes to in-game performance stats, new esports features, and a plethora of agent bug fixes for Omen, Viper, KAY/O, and Cypher.
Valorant fans will have to wait and see if any big changes will be announced before the highly-anticipated VCT Stage 3 Masters Berlin tournament taking place on September 10.
Valorant patch 3.04 agent bug fixes
- Fixed an issue where Omen’s Dark Cover could travel in unintended ways.
There were instances when Omen’s Dark Cover would settle slightly off from where it was aimed. Valorant patch 3.04 has fixed this and Omen mains can expect their smokes to land exactly where they targeted the ability.
- Viper’s fuel will no longer continue to drain after her smokes go down if she is suppressed right as she activates Toxic Screen or Poison Cloud.
This will give Viper more toxins to work with after being suppressed by KAY/O’s NULL/CMD or ZERO/POINT suppression knife.
- KAY/O will no longer equip abilities that have no charges if they were equipped and used right after activating NULL/cmd.
- Other abilities can no longer be placed on Cypher’s Cyber Cage projectile while it’s in mid-air.
Valorant patch 3.04’s new esports features
- Custom Lobby player order will now persist into Agent select screens and into the game for observers.
- Tactical Timeouts will now display in the color corresponding to the team that called the timeout (Teal for Defenders, Red for Attackers).
- Observers will now correctly see Cypher’s equipped utility in his hand.
- The white dot above a player’s head in 3rd-person no longer displays for observers.
- Viper ult will properly display on the observer minimap.
- There will no longer be a brief flash for observers when swapping player targets or swapping to players after projectile follow.
- You can no longer interact with the shop during a timeout to avoid spooky vanishing weapons.
- Observers with minimal HUD enabled will properly follow minimap toggle settings when they are following another observer.
- Player nameplates no longer persist on the screen for projectile-follow observers.
Riot Games is always looking to improve the viewing experience for audiences watching Valorant tournaments. Fans can expect these new Valorant patch 3.04 features to go live during the VCT Stage 3 Masters Berlin competition.
Gameplay tech updates
- Improvement to performance stats and graphics.
New tracking stats
- Packet loss breakdowns (separate tracking for in/out packet counts)
- Upload data usage and average packet sizes
- Packet send/receive rate
- Used/available memory
These changes will help players track their in-game stats better. It will also give them a better idea of how their data is being tracked by Riot Games’ online servers with better packet analytics.
Riot Games Communications Associate Jeff Landa also stated that they’ve reduced performance costs for tracking and displaying stats, which should put less strain on players’ PCs.
To find more information about all the new changes to the game, read the Valorant patch 3.04 notes here.