Riot has released its first Teamfight Tactics update since the massive mid-set update, Return to The Stars. The hefty patch sends extra power to some weaker traits and a myriad of items at every tactician’s disposal.
A handful of items get some solid tweaks to their mechanics. You can expect AD units to use Bloodthirster more often while AP casters might prefer the improved Jewelled Gauntlet. With the newest game mode, Binary Star, only allowing two items on a unit at a time, these upgrades may help even out some lackluster item pick-ups.
- Bloodthirster Healing: 40% ⇒ 45%
- Hextech Gunblade Healing: 40% ⇒ 45%
- Jeweled Gauntlet Bonus Crit Damage: 20% ⇒ 30%
- Statikk Shiv Damage: 80 ⇒ 90
- Zz’Rot Portal Health: 1000/2000/3000 ⇒ 1500/2250/3000
The long-running mid-tier trait gets a slight nerf with the new presence of Chrono Blademaster Riven. With the easy pick-up of Chrono and Blademaster bonuses with the duo of Riven and Shen, Blademasters now have smaller chance of dealing bonus attacks on its second-tier.
- Blademaster Chance for Bonus Attacks: 30/70/100 ⇒ 30/65/100
Winners: Dark Star
The Dark Star trait is a rare choice with such meta picks like Chrono and Star Guardians still making waves. With its bonuses stacking when a unit dies, Riot overrides the lost teammate with a bit more firepower for its surviving comrades. If you are planning for a Dark Star-centric team composition, players will now have a hard time dealing with your final units in the late game.
- Bonus Attack Damage & Ability Power: 8/16/24/32 ⇒ 8/18/28/38
The cute, yet combat-ready Astro crew gets a sizeable nerf due to its initial OP status on the board. With Nautilus’ impressive crowd control and Teemo’s poisonous satellites, their skills get a slight downgrade to give their opponents a chance to retaliate. Astro third-man Gnar also gets some adjustments, making him more of a tank than a bruiser on the battlefield.
- Impact Crater Stun Duration: 3/3.5/4 ⇒ 3/3/5 seconds
- Mana: 60/120 ⇒ 50/120
- Satellite Damage: 125/175/600 ⇒ 125/175/550
- Satellite Slow Duration: 4 ⇒ 3 seconds
- Health on Transform: 750/1250/2500 ⇒ 750/1250/4000
- Attack Damage on Transform: 100/175/400 ⇒ 100/175/550
- GNAR! Stun Duration: 2 ⇒ 1.5 seconds
The newly introduced unit trait gets some well-needed care across its ranks. Battlecast units now heal and deal more damage in all tiers while Illaoi and Nocturne receive solid upgrades to their skills.
- Battlecast Damage or Healing: 70/160/325/600 ⇒ 80/180/480/880
- Health: 650 ⇒ 700
- Tentacle Smash Defense Stealing: 20/30/50% ⇒ 30/40/60%
- Defense Stealing Duration: 4 ⇒ 6 seconds
- Attack Speed: 0.7 ⇒ 0.75
- Unspeakable Horror Damage: 200/250/350 ⇒ 200/250/400
For more information, you can check out the full Teamfight Tactics 10.13 patch notes.