The Teamfight Tactics 10.12 patch is a massive update with 14 new recruits joining the game. Along with the platoon addition, players can expect some new changes to the traits of pre-existing characters.
Winners: Vanguard and Tanks
TFT Galaxies’ Vanguard units get some love in the mid-set update. They now have increased armor on their second-tier bonus while also having an additional 6-unit trait bonus that will bolster your frontline to the max.
- Vanguard Armor: 125/250⇒125/300
- Added Vanguard (6): 1000 Armor
Aside from Vanguards, useful tanks in different compositions get some added armor and magic resistance to really lock into their roles as a frontline.
- Jarvan: +5 Armor & +10 Magic Resistance
- Rakan: +10 Armor & +15 Magic Resistance
- Rumble: +10 Armor & +20 Magic Resistance
- Wukong: +15 Armor & +20 Magic Resistance
- Thresh: +20 Armor & +20 Magic Resistance
Losers: Cybernetic and Infiltrator
The underused Cybernetic trait gets stuck once again with a lackluster adjustment to its bonuses. Infiltrator also gets a nerf to its attack speed for its first two levels, making it a less viable early-game tactic.
- Cybernetic: 350&35/700&70⇒350&40/600&80 Health & Attack Damage
- Infiltrator: 50/75/120%⇒40/70/120%
Winners: Infinity Edge and Bloodthirster
The newly unique item Infinity Edge now guarantees critical strike but does less critical damage while Bloodthirster gets a slight bump in lifesteal.
- Infinity Edge: +100% Critical Strike Damage⇒
+100% Critical Strike Chance and +20% Critical Strike Damage
- Is now a unique item (can only have one of its kind on a unit)
- Bloodthirster Lifesteal: 35%⇒40%
Losers: Chalice of Harmony and Warmog’s Armor
Every Star Guardian’s go-to item, Chalice of Harmony, gets a complete change in its attributes. Now named Chalice of Power, it removes its AoE mana-heal and now only provides momentary AP to neighboring units. Warmog also takes a hard hit, now only providing its wearer with 1,000 health and no health regeneration.
- Chalice of Power (Tear + Cloak): At start of combat, the holder and their left and right neighbors gain 30 AP for 20 seconds
- Warmog’s Armor: 5% Missing Health Regen⇒+600 Health (The item now grants exactly 1000 Health and nothing else.)
For more information, you can check out the full Teamfight Tactics 10.12 patch blog post.