With over a month left for the Galaxies II Pass, Riot has done some tweaks to a few underrated compositions, keeping them viable in Teamfight Tactics’ current meta.
A few items have also received some much-needed upgrades while old-school traits Chrono, Space Pirate, and Rebels get a bump in their late-game bonuses.
With the game starting to plateau in terms of champion changes and such, Riot has done a good deed in more item buffs in the recent patches. With items like Seraph’s Embrace and Spear of Shojin no longer being a go-to build, these changes in a handful of items can expand the tactician’s possibilities in improving their gameplay with a big inventory.
- Hand of Justice: Heal 50 health on hit ⇒ Grants 50% healing from damage done by both abilities and basic attacks
- Hextech Gunblade: Overhealing with this item now generates a shield (max 400 Health)
- Locket of the Iron Solari Shield Value: 250/275/350 ⇒ 250/300/375
- Runaan’s Hurricane Attack Damage Multiplier: 70% ⇒ 75%
- Statikk Shiv Primary Damage: 90 ⇒ 85
- Statikk Shiv now does an additional 85 True Damage if the target has a shield or is CC’d
- Sword Breaker Chance to Disarm: 25% ⇒ 33%
Loser: Astro Snipers
Late-game trait Astro gets a slight nerf on two key players, Teemo and Bard. Bard now has less passive mana in his first level while Teemo gets a decrease on his attack speed. Another fellow late-game Sniper, Jhin, gets a downgrade on his initial power.
- Passive Mana: 8/20/90 ⇒ 5/20/90
- Attack Speed: 1.0 ⇒ 0.95
- Attack Speed: 0.9/0.95/1.2 ⇒ 0.85/0.9/1.2
- Attack Damage: 70 ⇒ 75
Winner: Chrono, Space-Pirate, and Rebels
These oldies still remain goldies with the newest patch of TFT. Though being a meta-monster in the first Galaxies set, Chrono has fallen off the spaceship with the strong crowd control in the game. With that, the developers have significantly buffed its trait bonuses if you hit 6 or 8 unit requirement.
As for the other two forgotten traits, Space Pirates now have a chance to produce more loot while Rebels have a solid buff on their shields. Gangplank also receives a big buff on his Orbital Strike, giving Space Pirates something of worth in the late-game, while Jinx now packs some more initial attack damage.
- Chrono Attack Speed Gains: 8/3.5/1.5/0.75 ⇒ 8/3/1/0.5 seconds
- Rebel Shield Amount: 150/210/330 ⇒ 150/225/400
- Space Pirate Chance to Drop an Item: 25% ⇒ 33%
- Jinx Attack Damage: 70 ⇒ 75
- Gangplank Orbital Strike Damage: 450/600/9001 ⇒ 550/700/9001
With Dark Stars and tanky compositions coming back in the latest patches, they proved to be a bit too out of this world with its added protection. Luckily enough, Riot has assured that players will not be guaranteed the impeccable 1000 bonus armor on its highest level.
Vanguard Bonus Armor: 125/300/1000 ⇒ 125/300/900
For more information, you can check out the full Teamfight Tactics patch 10.16 notes.