Patch 12.10’s Durability Update is set to hit live servers in one and a half week’s time, and Riot Phlox, a designer on the Summoner’s Rift team, has just revealed the detailed numbers on Twitter.
All champions across the board will be tankier, as their base health, health per level, armor, and magic resist will be increased.
Individual champions, however, will not receive any adjustments because 12.10 is “a pretty massive patch,” according to Riot Phlox, so the game developers will need to monitor these changes first.
Patch 12.10 Durability Update preview
Champion Adjustments – all champions
- Base Health increased by 70
- Health per level increased by 14
- Armor per level increased by 1.2
- Magic resist per level increased by 0.8
- Champion healing reduced by 10-28%
- Champion shielding reduced by 10%
- Systems with healing reduced by 10-28%
- Systems with shielding reduced by 10%
- Grievous Wounds decreased from 40% to 30%, enhanced decreased from 60% to 50%
- Percent pentation items reduced by 5-10%
- Turret AD: Outer increased from 152-278 to 167-391, Inner increased from 170-305 to 187-427, Inhibitor increased from 170-305 to 187-427, Nexus increased from 150-285 to 165-405
- Baron Nashor AD increased from 125+8 per minute to 150+10 per minute
In his Twitter thread, Riot Phlox explained that every point of healing and shield “is just strictly up with all the resists you’re getting,” hence Riot decided to nerf all healing, especially since Grievous Wounds is also getting nerfed.
Not doing so would overpower sustain champions, who would be practically unkillable, which is not a scenario that the game developers want to create.
Riot is moving ahead with the patch 12.10 Durability Update because it wants to create more meaningful 5v5 team fighting on Summoner’s Rift. Currently, it has assessed that the game has too much damage, which limits counterplay.
Since all champions will be beefier, players can now expect longer team fights once the patch goes live, and likely longer games that prioritize late-game AD carries. Read the full patch 12.10 Durability Update explanation here.
Click here for the full preview thread by Riot Phlox.