Valve has just dropped another balance patch during season 2 of the regional Dota 2 Pro Circuit leagues. Here are three of the biggest changes in Dota 2 patch 7.29c:
- Scepter no longer provides bonus damage
- Attack speed increased from 10/20/30/40 to 15/25/35/45
- Level 15 Talent increased from +300 Health Beastmaster Controlled to +350
- Level 20 Talent increased from +30 Boar Damage to +35
- Level 20 Talent reduced from -35s Primal Roal Cooldown to -30s
It should come as no surprise that Beastmaster received the biggest hit in 7.29c. Wild Axes no longer get bonus damage when upgraded with Aghanim’s Scepter.
He did receive minor buffs in other departments such as his Inner Beast aura and talents to compensate for the damage reduction. Now the question on everyone’s mind, is Beastmaster finally balanced?
- NutZ announces his retirement from competitive Dota 2
- Quincy Crew’s amazing comeback against mega creeps proves you should never give up
- Cooldown increased from 80/75/70 to 80
- Break damage reduced from 300/400/500 to 200/300/400 (Scepter to 300/450/600)
Still as popular as ever with the pros, Puck received two nerfs to Dream Coil in patch 7.29c. Now capped at 80 seconds cooldown at all levels, breaking Coil will deals 100 less damage at all levels, including the Aghanim’s upgraded version.
We don’t see the little faerie dragon losing popularity with the Coil nerf, but Puck players will definitely need to be more cautious with Coil usage as the window for punishment is a little bit bigger.
- Agility reduced from 20 + 2.4 to 14 + 1.7
- Manacost increased from 110 to 110/120/130/140
- Level 10 Talent reduced from +8 Strength to +7
Though not in Captain’s Mode yet, it seems Dawnbreaker was still too powerful in pub play.
On top of having her base Agility being heavily reduced and losing a point in her strength talent, Dawnbreaker mains will also have to fork out more mana to cast Celestial Hammer.