Mid lane Seraphine has been buffed not once but thrice in League of Legends patch 11.11.
For one, Riot Games increased her shielding power directly by adjusting Surround Sound at higher levels. Note that this doesn’t benefit support Seraphine, since games on average end even before supports hit higher levels.
W – Surround Sound
- Base self shield increased from 75-150 (level 1-18) to 75-225 (level 1-18)
- Base ally shield increased from 50-100 (level 1-18) to 50-150 (level 1-18)
Showing detailed percentage changes to Seraphine’s shield, David “Phreak” Turley explained in his patch 11.11 rundown that Seraphine remains unchanged from level one to five. From level 12 onwards however, she’ll be singing a louder song.
Based on Phreak’s math, the percentage increase of Surround Sound’s shield from this buff alone ranges from 102% to 150% at level 18, which is pretty substantial.
- A League of Legends player claims that Seraphine is based on her
- A closer look at Seraphine, League of Legend’s newest popstar mage
- Starlit grace heal and shield power per second increased from 4%, up to 20% to 6%, up to 30%
Staff of Flowing Water
- Rapids self and ally empowerment increased from 20-40 AP (based on target’s level) for 4 seconds to 25-45 AP (based on target’s level) for 4 seconds
How patch 11.11 empowers mid lane Seraphine
In addition to Surround Sound, Moonstaff — Moonstone Renewer and Staff of Flowing Water — were given back some of their strengths that were taken away in patch 11.8.
Since analyst and T1 content creator Nick “LS” De Cesare contends that Moonstaff is only viable on actual enchanters who heal, shield, or do both, Seraphine has always been the perfect candidate for this build.
Now put together the improved Surround Sound’s shield, boosted by Moonstaff. Can you imagine how strong mid lane Seraphine will be?
In the solo lane, mid lane Seraphine will get levels and gold, more than enough to buy these relatively cheaper but super effective support items that benefit her entire team. Get ready for heals, shields, sustain, and increased AP for days!
Click here for the full League of Legends patch 11.11 patch notes.
READ MORE: Vigilant Wardstone is the new must-buy item for supports